Page 25 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I gather the next one to be adapted will be Unseen Academicals. Maybe not the best of the books, but it ought to make for good telly.

Oh, and Hugh Laurie as Vimes would be the best thing ever. Although a Blackadder Goes Forth-era Atkinson would do well too.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Googling Lauren Faust certainly made me more interested in MLP.

Haven't found any new shows that gripped me and I don't want to play catch-up with Game of Thrones, so I'm back to the comedy re-run rotation:
    -Arrested Development
    -Archer
    -It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Workaholics premieres tonight though. Should be good. I've been listening to a lot of Childish Gambino lately and I'm convinced I should try Community as well.
    Game of Thrones is really good. It'd be a mistake to give up on it. I'm glad to see you're a fan of Sunny though, that show is fantastic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    That's a good list of quality humor there, all of them with their own sense of it too.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

So after reading (not just here) that the latest episode of Game of Thrones was the BESTEST EVER I was kinda disappointed in the result. The action was generally competent but ... so what? Action scenes aren't why I watch Game of Thrones or almost anything else for that matter. I thought the best parts of the episode (beyond the Wildfire CGI which was, I admit, spectacular) were the melancholy and foreboding scenes leading up to it, and Cersei's scenes thereafter; also The Hound's.
    Last edited by Rii; 31-05-2012 at 11:17 AM.

It was the Hound's best episode yet.

I'm beginning to tire a bit of Tyrion though. I'm just not sure Dinklage gets the character (or maybe his take on it just differs from my own), everything is so dry. The Tyrion I pictured used his sarcasm as armour sure, but he was also a man of lusts and passions who seemed to own his status (as an outsider) and almost use it as an offensive weapon and revel in his scheming. Dinklage's (take a slightly 'off' moment of weeping aside) just seems to be a smart guy, who doesnt really give a shit, I just don't get any emotion from the character. Also the accent is inexcusably bad.

I don't think he's awful, and he can certainly deliver a witty barb, I just think there's more to the character than doing that ad-nauseum. I always got a sense of the character actually enjoying himself, whereas he looks perpetually bored on the show.
    Last edited by Jockie; 31-05-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I disagree completly i think he is exactly what i thought from the books and he is still my favourite character.

I just subscribed to Netflix, so I'm checking out a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to watch for a while but never got around to.

Stuff I've been switching between include: The (US) Office, The IT Crowd, Firefly, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad and The Thick of It; all of which I'm enjoying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Season finale of Game of Thrones was the best in terms of acting. Just about everyone had their moment, and even characters that were really beginning to grate on me like Daenerys and Theon Greyjoy (at times I swear that guy could have been related to prequel Anakin Skywalker) completely turned things around. Not sure what the wizard's plan was concerning the dragons. Was he not expecting them to breathe fire or grow ever? Was he merely waiting to move them to a more suitable location? Does room space not apply when sorcery is concerned?

Well whatever, great episode.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Been getting into Episodes season 2. Some great lines in there and Matt Lablanc is just so amoral it's hilarious.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Well whatever, great episode.
    From what I've been hearing it was the worst episode by far, full of cliffhangers and butchering the source material to a bloody pulp.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I have to say it wasnt the best episode it felt overstuffed yet the storylines they closed felt weak since they didnt have time to close everything. Also they have changed Arya character a little bit and dissapointed we didnt get full dany vision since that was the best bit of the storyline.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    From what I've been hearing it was the worst episode by far, full of cliffhangers and butchering the source material to a bloody pulp.
    I've got all the books thus far and couldn't give a toss. This was all they could do with the time they had. I thought they'd end on the red wedding, though maybe that was in the next book?
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 05-06-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    All caught up with Game of Thrones. I still like it.

It was a mixed episode, some really great moments but also some bits that felt a bit rushed. Left themselves a bit too much to do and the directing wasn't as strong this week compared to Blackwater. Still great though and this season was a big improvement over season 1, going to be hard waiting another year for season 3.

Apparently Game of Thrones was the most pirated show of the US television season, with almost as many illegal downloads as legal viewers.

The season finale was rushed and disjointed and as such somewhat unsatisfying. Under the circumstances it's unlikely that anyone could've done better, but I hope there's an extended version of the episode come the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Guess I'm the only one who didn't like the show.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    You're not alone. I watched for a bit but I lost interest after the first couple of episodes.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

30 Rock is great and I love it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post
    Apparently Game of Thrones was the most pirated show of the US television season, with almost as many illegal downloads as legal viewers.

The season finale was rushed and disjointed and as such somewhat unsatisfying. Under the circumstances it's unlikely that anyone could've done better, but I hope there's an extended version of the episode come the DVD/Blu-Ray release.
    This is not because we're cheap basterds but because 98 percent of the population doesn't have HBO or any network USA has that airs hit series.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I've got all the books thus far and couldn't give a toss. This was all they could do with the time they had. I thought they'd end on the red wedding, though maybe that was in the next book?
    That's the next book.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe