Page 27 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    My all time best and favorite TV show is The Sopranos. this show is really to good and also having a great fun.i like to see this show in my free time..

Renting the Game of Thrones bluray series through lovefilm as I missed it on TV, just got done watching the first to episodes.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    New season of Futurama makes me a very, very happy person. The episodes weren't setting anything ablaze, but they're certainly good enough. Looking forward to having that every week now for the next few months.

In an effort to decrease by watching backlog, I'm working my way through the second half of season one of New Girl, which remains being a show that has no right to be as good as it is, before moving onto watching the first season's of Archer and Breaking Bad on DVD.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Yeah new Futurama is fairly decent so far, primarily the second episode, as you can't go wrong with Zapp Brannigan and Nixon. Just finished the season finale of the new Avatar series which has been excellent, although it's a shame it's so short. Also tentatively excited about the new season of Burn Notice, it did get a bit dull last season, but hopefully this season switches it up a bit. Veep is also excellent and hilarious and is making me even more excited for season 4 of The Thick of it.

I love to watch comedy TV show . my favouriet comedy Tv shows are :
    South park
    Chuck
    Cheers
    Mr. bean
    Reaper

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I don't know there is something about Futurama that seems to be missing from before and I can't really put my finger on what really, its still quite funny but I think it has lost something.

Other then that Wilfred is back and it has gotten a lot weirder, but and I don't know if this will be a trend a lot less funnier especially the first episode of season 2 but maybe it will get funnier. But I like weirdness anyway so i'm not to down on that. Can't wait for Louie though.

Finishing Season 5 of Gossip girl with my Gf. God it's awful !

Finishing BBT Season 5 too.

Don't know if i should try Madmen or Boardwalk empire next.

Just watched the premier of Aaron Sorkin's new show - The Newsroom - I liked it, although the whole 2 principal characters with a difficult/eventful past that will eventually be revealed is a little tiresome.

Setting slightly in the past and using real news events is interesting although I hope they don't overuse the 'prescience' of the characters to make them seem good at their jobs.

Apparently unlike the majority of people I actually really liked Studio 60 and wished it had managed another series, but I'm cautiously optimistically about this one

I've just watched the first five episodes of Continuum, a new time travel/cop show. It's got a pretty good cast, including Tony Amendola who was Bra'tac in SG1. It's got some potential, though it's not without some problems already. For a show with the central premise that one mans' terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, they've spent little time on the philosophical side of what the main arguments are, rather than just "Terrorists must be stopped" even though the heroine is a defender of a state where civil rights are virtually non-existent. Top notch CGI though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_%28TV_series%29

I just watched the first Episode of Sherlock.

I found it brilliant !

Can't wait to see the others !

Just got done finished watching Season 1 of Game of Thrones. My god what a series. Gutted now though I have to wait for the second series to be released on bluray or dvd (bluray preferably)
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Uppppppdateeeeeeee!

With no PC to game on, TV and Pokémon has become my primary means of entertainment. That and going outside and seeing people. So!

Let's start off with New Girl, which I caught up with. I hold my belief that I have had of it so far; I feel it doesn't deserve to be as funny or generally entertaining as it should be, yet I find it being consistently so. I think those who have some misgivings about it in theory give it a go and watch the first four or so episodes. That's what, about an hour and a half? If you don't like it after that point, fair enough and entirely understandable, but I do endorse it as being pretty darn funny.

Moving on, I finished the first season about the spy code-named The Duchess. While New Girl might be unfathomably enjoyable, Archer is fully justifiable in its hilarity. You could almost say I'm entering the, ahem, danger zone. So very good.

Rounding off this report, after six months of having it on DVD, I've started watching season one of Breaking Bad. Blimey, it's a bit good, isn't it? Finished the fifth episode not too long ago, so approaching the end of the series, but it's not afraid to pull any punches. The emotional gut-wrench that is an intervention scene in that same episode was straight-up excellent. I was going to link a clip, but it's only half of what I didn't realise was a near 10 minute scene. I was hooked to the screen during all of it, sitting silently in anticipation. Some of the humour in it too is amazing bleak/dark, which makes it all the better. It also took seconds to shake Hal from Malcolm in the Middle being the lead character. AMC must be considerably chuffed to have it and Mad Men on it. I look forward to continuing with this, especially if the quality is at least this good.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 04-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Let's start off with New Girl, which I caught up with. I hold my belief that I have had of it so far; I feel it doesn't deserve to be as funny or generally entertaining as it should be, yet I find it being consistently so. I think those who have some misgivings about it in theory give it a go and watch the first four or so episodes. That's what, about an hour and a half? If you don't like it after that point, fair enough and entirely understandable, but I do endorse it as being pretty darn funny.
    I agree it got better after the first few episodes but must admit I only find it to be reasonably amusing. I certainly wouldn't have been too broken up if it has been cancelled.

Moving on, I finished the first season about the spy code-named The Duchess. While New Girl might be unfathomably enjoyable, Archer is fully justifiable in its hilarity. You could almost say I'm entering the, ahem, danger zone. So very good.
    It's a RIGID AIRSHIP!

Truly, that particular episode was magnificent.

Also I was reminded the other day as to the existence of a book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Archer-U.../dp/0062066315

Which I have duly ordered.

Rounding off this report, after six months of having it on DVD, I've started watching season one of Breaking Bad. Blimey, it's a bit good, isn't it? Finished the fifth episode not too long ago, so approaching the end of the series, but it's not afraid to pull any punches. The emotional gut-wrench that is an intervention scene in that same episode was straight-up excellent. I was going to link a clip, but it's only half of what I didn't realise was a near 10 minute scene. I was hooked to the screen during all of it, sitting silently in anticipation. Some of the humour in it too is amazing bleak/dark, which makes it all the better. It also took seconds to shake Hal from Malcolm in the Middle being the lead character. AMC must be considerably chuffed to have it and Mad Men on it. I look forward to continuing with this, especially if the quality is at least this good.
    Breaking Bad is outstanding, and gets even better. That being said I do find the wife and son deeply annoying but clearly the show wouldn't work without them so oh well.

Yeah, if New Girl had have been cancelled, I wouldn't have been upset, but I'm glad it's sticking around. Hilariously, at the start of the new season, NG looked like it'd be the worst, yet it seems to be one of the few that've made any notable impact.

Also, M for Mancy? Yeah, that whole episode was pretty god damn amazing.