Page 3 of 169 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Oof! Trying to decide if I can bear one more episode of Game Of Thrones after the first two left me buzzing from the evil aristo shenanigans. Some superb creepy nastiness from those scheming blondhairs. I've not read any of the books, might have to rectify that.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeofjustice View Post
    breaking bad
    why has no one else said this? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
    I recently finished off all of Futurama and have recently started watching Robotech. I do love Netflix.
    Robotech is on Netflix? Why do I even bother owning DVDs?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Community - Probably now one of my favourite comedy series ever. The characters are so lovely and the episodes are just a delight. It is a big softy at heart and I quite like that. Even the weaker episodes your still watching these characters interact, some of the best characters ever! Probably my favourite character is Abed and the friendship between him and troy is wonderful. Definitly can't recommend this enough.

Game of Thrones - Even though I knew what was coming it still had me on the edge of my seat and shouting at Ned going "No, get out, get out while you still can you fool!"

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Henke View Post
    I watched the first 4 seasons of that recently. For seasons 3 & 4 it felt like they were trying to be more edgy and un-PC and you'd think it would be less genuinely funny because of that but it wasn't! Complete opposite in fact, seasons 3 & 4 were the funniest ones yet. :D
    I think season 4 is where it really peaks. I mean, once a show succeeds in making waterboarding hilarious (The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis) it's difficult to top that.

Finished Rubicon. Not sure if it was cancelled or they just decided to end it there but damnit UNANSWERED QUESTIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Community - Probably now one of my favourite comedy series ever. The characters are so lovely and the episodes are just a delight. It is a big softy at heart and I quite like that. Even the weaker episodes your still watching these characters interact, some of the best characters ever! Probably my favourite character is Abed and the friendship between him and troy is wonderful. Definitly can't recommend this enough.
    Yeah, the characterization in that show is excellent. The actors and writers basically nail how each character would react in any given situation, even small ones.

Legend of the seeker

Also, the fuck is wrong with the post count?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmlkmljkl View Post
    Also, the fuck is wrong with the post count?
    Welcome to the forums. It's a feature.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNoghri View Post
    Robotech is on Netflix? Why do I even bother owning DVDs?
    Watch Instantly too! Don't even have to wait for the DVDs in the mail!

I'm going to be watching Luther tonight.

First series I thought had it's moments but they didn't give themselves long enough for the actual point of the show (that he's meant to be getting inside the killer's heads by using the information about the crime) to play out and he ended up just looking like some sort of weird psychic in some of the episodes. Hopefully they rectify that this series though given it still appears to be one-off episodes of an hour each I'm not getting my hopes up.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    I'm in the USA but I like to keep an eye on what TV shows are coming out in the UK and Canada. Can anyone recommend good blogs or websites as resources for this kind of news? Searching google or google UK gives me stuff like TV Guide. That's not exactly what I want. I want more info on upcoming shows or series and episode reviews and release dates.

http://www.avclub.com/section/tv/

I go to this website quite a lot for my TV needs now. Quite good site.

Louie - Best TV show, probably in the history of TV show, if not its pretty damn close. What can I say about this show, its really really clever, its bloody strange as well. Basically its about a comedian that goes through life and thats about the concept. Every episode is either full of strange ideas, or great big jokes, sometimes it goes really dark, sometimes it just has such a big heart about humanity which makes you cry and feel great about everyone. Its a comedy kind of, but it does sometimes just have episodes with pretty much no jokes and some of them are the better ones. Like the two episodes which are just the best and should be put in a museum or something is Duckling and Niece.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Been quite enjoying the second half of Doctor Who's current series so far. This weeks episode was a particularly good 'un I thought (though not quite as good as the Gaiman one in the first half). Quite often I find myself enjoying the more self contained episodes a bit more.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    http://www.avclub.com/section/tv/

I go to this website quite a lot for my TV needs now. Quite good site.
    Anything for first-run UK stuff? AV Club is pretty US-focused, I thought.

InuYasha: The Final Act.

*cough*

Quite often I find myself enjoying the more self contained episodes a bit more.
    I kind of am as well, I really like Stphen Moffats mythology episodes as I like to call them, they are enjoyable but I am a little bit tired of it only answering a few questions and raising a lot more, it also isn't narritivly in the right places which makes it a bit more tiring.

As for the episode just gone, pretty heart wrenching I have to say. The ending was also a punch to the gut, I don't think I've ever seen the Doctor being that dark before and it really surprised me. Though what was with the forshoudowing of that piece of art and then rory using a completly different piece of art to save Amy?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    There was a brief moment early in the last series where Rory passed judgment over the doctor taking companions into blind danger, and in the last episode this issue made another appearance (He’s not the adventurous type, and he’s only really there in the first place because his wife is). I’m hoping this continues to escalate instead of going back to the status quo.

Obscure Node
    Though they are on a break, I really am looking forward to the return of Chuck which will be on its final season. Being an almost "geek" that I am, I really enjoy the story. Though it would be on its 5th and final season already, it would suffice as compared to ending the whole show abruptly last season.

I am also a big fan of Cougar Town, which is really funny and witty in its own way.

Why did I persevere with this series of Torchwood? What a drawn-out, turgid mess. I really liked Children of Earth, too.

I kind of am as well, I really like Stphen Moffats mythology episodes as I like to call them, they are enjoyable but I am a little bit tired of it only answering a few questions and raising a lot more, it also isn't narritivly in the right places which makes it a bit more tiring.
    I think in Let's Kill Hitler for once we got a number of answers without just replacing them with another two questions, and that the story arc doesn't seem to have been touched upon in the last few episodes makes me think/hope that a lot of unknowns will be wrapped up by the end of this series. I could obviously be wrong, but that's the feeling I get.

Really liking Moffat's Doctor Who though. It helps that I genuinely like the companions as well as the Doctor. Arthur Darvill is excellent.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.