Page 31 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Hilariously, they gave it away right at the beginning of that episode too with the cold opening, especially if you could [spoiler]hear the train coming[/spoiler].
    Yeah I knew that kid had something to do with the plot, but hadn't expect it in that way. :P
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    It was one of those cold opens where you were like "uh what does that have to do with anything, am i missing some sort of symbolism there?" but then at the end your like "ah!" I like that about the show.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Yeah, Vince Gilligan is obsessed with Chekhov's Gun.
    Last edited by sabrage; 30-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    On a bit of a comedy binge. Have revisited the wonderful world of Darkplace and am now moving onto Green Wing.

Actually here's a question; has there been any recent comedies I may have missed that have nailed Green Wing's sketch show/comedy drama format? I honestly can't recall anything since that has tried to do this (League of Gentlemen was first if I recall and the recurring plots were even looser than Green Wing's plus the third series was more of an intricately tied together series of grotesque character portraits, which I'd actually like to see more of too!) never mind do it well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Haven't seen anything like Green Wing since, I tried to check out Episodes but that is far less crazy from the two episodes I saw.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Yeah, Episodes is a different beast entirely. First series had its moments but I found it merely OK, never got around to watching the second, anyone know if its worth it?

The makers of Green Wing, or at least some of them, had a show recently on Channel 4 called Campus. It was basically exactly the same as Green Wing, but on a University campus instead of a hospital. It was OK, but the characters were no way near as amusing as the Green Wing ones. It's probably on $OD if you didn't catch it. Worth checking out for curiosities sake if nothing else.

I was watching Charlie Brooker's A Touch of Cloth last weekend. It was pretty hilarious at times, even though the relentless punning did get a little tiring and too predictable at times. It was nice to see an absolutely unashamedly silly 18 rated Police Squad though.

If you are interested, Campus is here (probably UK only): http://www.youtube.com/show/campus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I've heard a lot of positive buzz about Warehouse 13. I watched A Town Called Eureka, before SyFy didn't know how or when to show it so I gave upish, with the full intention of coming back to it at some point. Anyhow, my point is; I've heard that the two share the same kind of feel about them. How accurate is this? I'd be quite interested in following it at some point.
    I guess it's fairly accurate - they're both low-budget, throwaway fair with dodgy CGI. Warehouse 13 can occasionally trend a tad darker in places though they're both fairly light-weight but fun shows. They're also technically in the same universe, with a couple of crossover episodes happening.

I'd recommend Damages to anyone not watching it - just coming to the end of it's final season, it's solid, intelligent legal drama. Tells one story per season, and does something clever-ish with structure: the first few minutes of the first episode show something from the very end of the story and from then on the first and last couple of minutes of each episode slowly reveal that bit backwards as the main plot heads towards it.

Obscure Node

Watch Free Movies Online Without Downloading

How far will you go to save your family? Will you be willing to fight the evil forces of darkness to save you loved ones from destruction? Or will you accept defeat and succumb to the spirit that possesses your child? ‘The Possession’ tells the story of how a family on the verge of breakup reunites to save their little girl Em (Natasha Calis) from evil forces. You can Watch The Possession Online Free.

Nick Cave and John Hillcoat reunite as screenplay writer and director after The Proposition in 2005, to create something which instantly takes one back to the John Wayne era of good old-style country shootouts. This true story is adapted from Matt Bondurant’s novel about his Grandfather and Granduncle, “The Wettest County in the World”. To know more about their exploits, Watch Lawless Online Free.

The three Oogieloves (Goobie, Zoozie and Toofie) and their friends Ruffy, Windy Window and J. Edgar decide to throw a party for their adorable pillow friend Schluufy. But J. Edgar, being the clumsy vacuum cleaner that he is, trips and loses the last five magical balloons. The friends travel everywhere trying to find them and making an adventure out of it. Be a part of it by Watch The Oogieloves in the BIG Balloon Adventure Online Free without downloading.

Lauren Miller debuts with an unconventional, hilarious script. She always wanted to tell the story of how she ran a sex line in her college, so she raised nearly all the funds on her own. Justin Long plays Jesse, their common gay friend. Featured in minor roles are Lauren Miller’s husband, Seth Rogen, and Mark Webber. To know more, Watch For a Good Time Call Online Free.

__________________________________________________ _____________
    Watch The Possession Online Free
    Watch Lawless Online Free

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    For the first time in a few months...

Doc-tor-Who?

Yay!