Page 32 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    what?
    so Oswin is going to be doctor's companion? she is a dalek now.
    or will he meet her in the past?

so confused... and maybe i dont want to know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    what?
    so Oswin is going to be doctor's companion? she is a dalek now.
    or will he meet her in the past?

so confused... and maybe i dont want to know.
    Could be that the doc was wrong and she was in fact human but shrunk somehow and put in to that white Dalek, remember that episode with a spaceship worth of people in that robot doctor?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    As for Matt, I like him as the Doctor but not as much as Tennant and I'd like to see someone else have a go at it, though I guess that won't happen for quite a while.
    I wish they could just bring David Tennant back. It took me awhile to warm up to him, but he became really good. Matt Smith was likeable right away, but he doesn't seem to have any range, he's just in the same 'mode' all the time, no dynamics or emotion, a bit boring now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pace View Post
    I wish they could just bring David Tennant back. It took me awhile to warm up to him, but he became really good. Matt Smith was likeable right away, but he doesn't seem to have any range, he's just in the same 'mode' all the time, no dynamics or emotion, a bit boring now I think.
    Eccleston was there only for a one season sadly, I quite liked his eccentricities, his happy and serious moods. The eleventh doesn't have much of that.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Smith > Ecclestone > Tennant for me. Smith I think has best captured the spirit of The Doctor pre-cancellation. That's not a sleight against Ecclestone though who I really felt made it his own and his differences were understandable. As for Tennant, I think he's a fantastic actor, but the writing for him was dire and it suffered as a result.

Also, Breaking Bad anyone? I don't feel I need to say anything regarding the latest episode. It was as it was.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I like Smith the best of the most recent three I think. JG's right though, the writing was probably, on the whole, worse for Tennant. Of course there were classics but there was some awful dross in there too. Ecclestone tends to get forgotten but I really liked him and it amuses me to think how much the Ninth Doctor would think his two subsequent incarnations are floppy-haired twits.

I really like Smith though, he's good at everything he needs to be good at for the role and I think feels more alien than the previous two. Obviously it's personal taste but it seems really harsh to me to say Smith is one-note.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Smith > Ecclestone > Tennant for me. Smith I think has best captured the spirit of The Doctor pre-cancellation. That's not a sleight against Ecclestone though who I really felt made it his own and his differences were understandable. As for Tennant, I think he's a fantastic actor, but the writing for him was dire and it suffered as a result.

Also, Breaking Bad anyone? I don't feel I need to say anything regarding the latest episode. It was as it was.
    Just watched Breaking Bad. That last dinner scene had as much tension as the fly episode, I kept thinking that something horrible was going to happen to them all at that point. But that ending, hoo boy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Just watched Breaking Bad. That last dinner scene had as much tension as the fly episode, I kept thinking that something horrible was going to happen to them all at that point. But that ending, hoo boy.
    Yeah I was like ...too close to pool. But indeed 8 months of withdrawal now...

Also I thought that episode was pretty brilliant in terms of cinematography and editing. The Prison stuff was as dark as hell and the lock up scene was just surreal.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Yeah I was like ...too close to pool. But indeed 8 months of withdrawal now...

Also I thought that episode was pretty brilliant in terms of cinematography and editing. The Prison stuff was as dark as hell and the lock up scene was just surreal.
    How did Walter got in contact with those guys by the way? Did I miss something?

Oh and here's some nice contrast between the first two and the last season.

It was like a comedy back then, now it's just black as death. :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    How did Walter got in contact with those guys by the way? Did I miss something?
    [Spoiler]Todd's uncle had prison connections. He mentions it, I believe, as soon as he's introduced, or at least not too long after.[/Spoiler]