Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Sounds like another JJ Abrams show I know...can't remember the name of it...L something
    To be fair, Abrams didn't have much actual hands on involvement with LOST after the 2nd series.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I enjoyed The Killing, but tbh it could of done with a a bit of trimming and a bit less tight lippedness by the various suspects at times. The secrets that they were holding back didn't seem that OMFG enough to get cagey about Vs being accused of murder tbh. Still good stuff & looking forward to the next season.
    Agreed. I massively enjoyed Forbrydelsen, but I'd be the first to admit that the extent to which people were withholding/omitting/lying about information got a bit silly. Utterly gripping regardless though. And miles ahead of the US version, which just got silly (and veered massively from the original) toward the end of their first series.

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Agreed. I massively enjoyed Forbrydelsen, but I'd be the first to admit that the extent to which people were withholding/omitting/lying about information got a bit silly. Utterly gripping regardless though. And miles ahead of the US version, which just got silly (and veered massively from the original) toward the end of their first series.
    I watched the first episode of the US version and for the life of me couldn't understand why they cast Michelle Forbes as the wife and not as Lund tbh. Forbes would of been a better fit for the role I thought.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

I can't even imagine Forbes in that role actually, she's far too emotive. Lund was constrained, uncommunicative, to a fault. As was Linden (until a horrible episode of the US version where they deviated completely and pretty much ruined that character in my eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    I can't even imagine Forbes in that role actually, she's far too emotive. Lund was constrained, uncommunicative, to a fault. As was Linden (until a horrible episode of the US version where they deviated completely and pretty much ruined that character in my eyes).
    I don't know. I think she could do it. It would be a different direction for her, but at the same time, that would of been part of the challenge. Lund might of been uncommunicative it terms of talking, but the actress Sofie Gråbøl put a lot into her reaction to things. It was the small things that carried the performance. The american actress (from what I saw), just seemed to be aping the performance of Sofie Gråbøl, where as I think someone like Forbes could of made the role her own.

Probable Replicant

I certainly didn't mean to imply that Sofie Gråbøl did nothing in her performance, far from it in fact, I thought she was absolutely superb. I don't think Mireille Enos aped her performance either. Linden was a similar but distinct entity in my eyes. Forbes is a great actress, and I have no doubt that she could have taken Linden on, but she's much more suited to the mother role than Linden. That's nothing against her talent or abilities, simply a matter of more appropriate casting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    Saw about the first 8 episodes and thought they were alright. Gosh I can't stand that ukulele girl, tho. Her shtick didn't amuse me on Scrubs and it turned me off of Raising Hope, tho the show is otherwise decent.
    hehe. nah. I think she is cute
    found this by accident and thought about your post:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJHM...1&feature=fvwp

'enjoy'

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    oh great. now she's ruined youtube, too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I love her personnaly, i thought her and Teds storyline was sweet and i was a bit mad they sidelined it a bit and it cam from no where that they broke up. Poor Ted :(

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    I'm sure she's a very nice girl, but I would prefer to have the narrative of the TV show continue rather than to have a minute and a half ukulele interlude with overly-precious lyrics.

Working through two seasons of Jeremiah. It's better than expected, if maybe not terribly deep (or, there's a bit many emotional shortcuts). Luke Perry is playing Luke Perry, as usual, but then, he's quite good at that, so it works okay.
    And it amuses me they all say 'nukular'.

Sort of following Supernatural too, but I have no idea which episode or even season they're on here (nor which number of reruns).
    As someone said earlier, it might be better watching it in small doses, so one episode a day like they show here is fine.

Finished Jeremiah, which was decent enough, and am half way through the 24 existing episodes of Space: Above and Beyond. It's been around fifteen years since I last watched that series, but it holds up rather well.

Finished watching season 3 of The Wire finally. Well at least it got good at the end, I don't mind the Hamsterdam episode I mean its quite good that it highlights maybe legalising drugs wouldn't be to bad, but to be honest it was a kind of boring story. None of the characters in this season really had that much interesting stories, and well I know its meant to say that the frustrating part of policing modern is the drug dealers having got up on them but that makes the mai ninvestigation boring as well because there stalled and not really doing anything for 11 episodes I think it was!

But the ending was great, and an interesting character throughout these 3 seasons bought the bullet. Also that Brother Muzom character is probably the most interesting character even though we pretty much know nothing about him. I kind of want to know his backstory lol

I am about halfway through the first season of The Wire and am enjoying it immensely.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Oh yeah the first two seasons of The Wire are absolutely fantastic pieces of television. Just them two alone i could consider this probably one of my favourite TV series of all time! I just really thought the quality of season 3 was down, or maybe the writers were in a bit of a spin there wheels mode.

Parks & Recreation is back. Which means a weekly opportunity to bask in the glory of Ron Swanson: -

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    got back into farscape. second season ep 10.

quality varies. some episodes are pretty awesome. some are just shit. anyone can say whether it gets worse/better later on?

Network Hub
    breaking bad's latest episode just scared the living shit out of me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    got back into farscape. second season ep 10.

quality varies. some episodes are pretty awesome. some are just shit. anyone can say whether it gets worse/better later on?
    I felt it got better and better (although also more and more ridiculous). It really kicks up a gear at the end of season 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    You start to get more and more episodes with John and Scorpius. Giving the people what they want!