Page 50 of 155 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3088
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I've seen it in the charts but wasn't sure what it was exactly, cheers for the tip. :)
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    Californication for the win! :D New Girl also rules.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

tl;dr: KGB sleeper agents living in America deal with shitty missions and shitty family life. 10/10 pilot, will watch more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    That sounds pretty cool, I'll have to look into it!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Archer 4x03 - Legs

Woodhouse: "I’ll wait here for the ambulance to take your grievously wounded child to the hospital for emergency surgery."

Malory: "Yes, Woodhouse. And then you can go buy some wax for your cross."

Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Archer
    Now, that show is odd. It's drawn beautifully but the animations are horribly stiff. The humour is pretty hit and miss, too. It's okay but goddamn, I can't just stop watching it! I'm currently watching the second season and I'm just wondering whether I could actually see him doing missions instead... and possibly fuck them up in the process.
    Last edited by Voon; 05-02-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

God help me, I've decided Buffy is probably something I should have in my TV knowledge and am watching the whole damn thing. I caught a couple of seasons when it was first run -- the one where she suddenly gets a sister and the one where there's a terrible cyborg made by Lindsay Crouse, but missed the early stuff and the late stuff.

So far there are moments of terrible cringeing (I hope Alyson Hannigan gets better at acting, for example) but also some good hilarity. It is a good time-passer on my commute. Maybe I'll follow it up with Angel.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 05-02-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I'm just wondering whether I could actually see him doing missions instead... and possibly fuck them up in the process.
    Season 2 has a few, and almost every episode in Season 3 is some sort of mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    So far there are moments of terrible cringeing (I hope Alyson Hannigan gets better at acting, for example) but also some good hilarity. It is a good time-passer on my commute. Maybe I'll follow it up with Angel.
    If Season 5 doesn't break your heart, you are made of stone.

I've been watching Banshee which is a show about punching and fucking. At 15 I would have loved it. The walking stubble impersonating a sherrif is amusing but it's basically Cop That Doesn't Play By The Rules taken to the next step. Justified does this with far more charm and charisma and happily is back for a new season.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Angel made me laugh a lot more. Lorne is the best! Youtube keep removing his damn Lady Marmalade performance.

Maybe I'll follow it up with Angel.
    You definitely should. By the time you get to that scene with Angel and Wesley in a hospital room towards the end of season 3, you will be totally invested in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Season 2 has a few, and almost every episode in Season 3 is some sort of mission.
    I was just watching Archer going on his chemo-fuelled rampage against an Irish mob and it was great so far. So, that counts as sorta like a mission... right?

And well, good to hear that!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Started Breaking Bad, the first episode has some of the most awkward scenes ever. All in all, a very promising start.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    I've been watching Banshee which is a show about punching and fucking. At 15 I would have loved it. The walking stubble impersonating a sherrif is amusing but it's basically Cop That Doesn't Play By The Rules taken to the next step. Justified does this with far more charm and charisma and happily is back for a new season.
    I watch both, and after reading your comment I think it's because my girl has a thing for bad boys with badges.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    So no one else I know watches The Killing (the BBC subtitled version), and I can't stand it anymore but have to speak out: Pernille is so annoying. I'm halfway through the first season and have my fingers crossed that, whoever the killer is, he'll do us all a favour and do away with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    Justified does this with far more charm and charisma and happily is back for a new season.
    What?! Justified Season 4? How did I manage to miss that. Brilliant news.

runs to internet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    So I've been watching the first Season of Girls finally because I did like the first 2 episodes when I watched it ages ago and the second season being on kind of made me want to watch it all so I can be up to date.

To be honest I don't get the adoration or the hate to me its ok, it doesn't set anything on fire with its comedy or its drama or even its characters. One of the things I do like about it and i wish it did more often was yeah have the characters do all the stupid stuff and the stuff people in there 20s have to go through since I'm in my 20s it speaks to me a lot I can see the stupidity I can sympathise and I can laugh as well. When its trying to be a standard sitcom it doesn't work.

The other thing is that the gender really isn't that much of an issue, for a show called Girls there isn't really anything specific about girls that much to be honest they are just characters to me they could easily be male they could easily be 5th dimensional beings and they would still work. Maybe that's the reason people adore this show because its that rare show that makes females be characters and not just sex candy or love interest for the main male but to be honest if that is why then yeah we live in a terrible world because that should just be the standard.

I don't know I like it but I again don't think its blazing anything and I don't think its as funny or emotional as something like Community. I do like the low keyness and I hope Lena Dunham does do well with it and continues the 20 something stuff because I do mostly enjoy that aspect.

Though one aspect I do like is that it can show Hannahs character being quite a plain character and not be all obvious that shes fat and stuff which I like since it does put normal peoples bodies on TV and Film which lets face it seem to just put perfect specimens up there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsch View Post
    So no one else I know watches The Killing (the BBC subtitled version), and I can't stand it anymore but have to speak out: Pernille is so annoying. I'm halfway through the first season and have my fingers crossed that, whoever the killer is, he'll do us all a favour and do away with her.
    The Killing is great. I kind of got distracted during the second series unfortunately and didn't want to watch the third till I've seen it so I'm waiting for the box set to drop to a sensible price. The first series did occasionally get a bit too "ah, but wait another twist!" but actually seeing a crime series deal with the effects of a long investigation on the police, family and suspects rather than have everything wrapped up in an hour or two was immensely refreshing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The problem I had with Girls was that I didn't like any of the characters. This is in comparison to Mad Men, where not liking the characters is part of the enjoyment of the show. I just felt like I couldn't relate and a lot of their problems were easily solved if they weren't being so stupid. For example, the character establishing scene of one of the girls is that she's bored with her boyfriend, but can't be bothered to do anything about it. It just struck me as a bit "Well, there's one very easy way out of it, unless you're so uninspired that sticking around is fine, in which case I don't want to watch you." Granted, I'm male so there's obviously some difference there, but there was just nothing I could latch onto. I'll throw up my disclaimer and say that I only watched the first episode (twice, once by myself and then again with a friend) and the first few minutes of the second, so I imagine it improved, but there was nothing that grabbed me, nor anything that I felt I could latch onto and appreciate.

I went in with some curiosity too because there was such a fuss about it and on paper, there were a lot of things I could get behind, but in reality I just sat through it going "Oh come on​."