Page 55 of 147 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2925
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Yeah, no way the book's layout is going to fly with a TV show. A whole season without fan favourites like Tyrion? Ratings would nosedive. Otherwise just about the only thing I'd be looking forward to in season 4 is how Nikolaj Coster-Waldau plays Jamie Lanister. He's been pretty good so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    They've said that they're not going to stick the the book structures strictly and do what fits best. So I imagine they'll stick with hopping around viewpoints rather than the book presentation.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    They've said that they're not going to stick the the book structures strictly and do what fits best.
    Thank god for that, GoT might be one of the few exceptions to the 'book better than adaptation' rule that I know of. Now, to add me to your ignore list, click on my nick just above the avatar, select View Profile and then Add to Ignore List.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Nah actually I kind of agree with you the second book to me was very problematic, and the second season was just smooth and butter and was a lot more entertaining and made a bit more sense then the book.

I probably understand they will combine book 4 and 5 probably in two seasons but then after that they probably will have book 6 and then what are they seriously going to wait a number of years for book 7 to come out pissing a few fans or are they going to do an anime route and have original arcs that the writers come up with. i'm really dreading the second part since original arcs usually are a bit crummy anime wise.

I agree, thus far I believe the changes the show has made from the books have been very thoughtfully done and well realized. Indeed I think the only bits I'm less keen on have been the addition of the Ros character, who seems pretty superfluous and the betrayal by Xaro Xohan Doxos (or whatever his silly name is).

I really like some of the minor tweaks like Davos convincing Stannis not to take Melisandre - that just feels better, than having some fairly random dude do it. I also loved the Arya / Tywin stuff as it greatly humanizes Tywin, and Charles Dance is awesome.

Although that has just reminded me to another tweak I'm not so keen on...

semi spoiler (since it talks about how book differs and they may save it for later)

Jacquen killing all the guards to facilitate their escape seems to remove some the progression from Arya - in the book Arya kills a guard, and its entirely pre-meditated, which feels like a step on from killing the kid in King's landing

/spoiler

proper spoiler...
    I'm interested to see how they handle Osha - I hope she doesnt just disappear, as she basically does in the book - since George RR Martin has said he was pleased and surprised with how well the actress worked out. That being said since they've cast Jojen and Meera I'm assuming they're still likely to have her take Rickon and disappear.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    This recent RPS article made me break out my old Murder, She Wrote DVDs. The writing isn't exactly innovative, but there's a quaint charm to every episode and watching Angela Lansbury solve murder mysteries never gets old.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I'm working my way through the second half of season one of New Girl, which remains being a show that has no right to be as good as it is
    Let's start off with New Girl, which I caught up with. I hold my belief that I have had of it so far; I feel it doesn't deserve to be as funny or generally entertaining as it should be, yet I find it being consistently so.
    Yeah, if New Girl had have been cancelled, I wouldn't have been upset, but I'm glad it's sticking around. Hilariously, at the start of the new season, NG looked like it'd be the worst, yet it seems to be one of the few that've made any notable impact.
    I sit here, writing this, up-to-date as I am having watched the 18th episode of season 2 of New Girl. I have to say, at this point, I really would be disappointed if it was cancelled. It seems to have hit its stride half-way through season 1 and it has just not let up. At all. If anything it's been getting increasingly funny. They've been a bit brave with one plot-point, which'll be a real litmus test in how they decide to handle it and the rest of the plots are all sort of there, but they exist serving good jokes that play off the built-up characters really well.

Honestly, I can recall my exact reaction after seeing the original New Girl trailer: "Cancelled by the fourth episode." I'm not saying it's the best show ever, that it compares with even 30 Rock which I'm currently speedily making my way through (onwards to season 4 some time *soon*) but it's just a good 20 minute knock-about each week that does its job without fault. I'm not necessarily advocating it as something that everyone should look out to and go watch, but if someone says "Would you like to watch New Girl with me from the beginning?" just don't necessarily write it off immediately.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Loved Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe this week, the best of the series so far. And the last one, next week's is a highlights show. Five shows and then highlights. Fucker.

Props to him for covering some gaming news in this one, the PS4 launch. Youtubed clip for those that can't get BBC IPlayer

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Definitely the best one and the interview was amusing because he's obviously seen the feedback; I don't think I've seen anyone say that they out-right liked its inclusion.