Page 56 of 169 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3369
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Watching Farscape from the beginning at the moment on the first half of season 1, wow I think the characters of this show are probably one of the most fully realized chaarcters of any show I think I've ever seen there just so good. The humour is really good and the sci-fi stories are quite clever and the episodes are pretty great with only a few average ones here and there and the characters definitly make these average ones a lot better then the crap ones in say Star Trek Voyager.
    Apparently you and I watched very different shows.

The humour they generally always did a good job on, but personally I always found Farscape incredibly variable in terms of quality of stories - it veered between some truly outstanding epsiodes, a fair few average and a not inconsiderable number of utterly terrible ones.

I'd also suggest a great many of the characters were deeply annoying and/or terrible.

Its still a fantastic show overall but I really can't agree it was consistent

WOO GAME OF THRONES IS NEARLY HERE!!!
    Yay!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Watching Farscape from the beginning at the moment on the first half of season 1
    Heh. Hehehehe. Teehee. Boy, just you wait till A Bug's Life. There's a few episodes that indicate what's going to happen beforehand, but from then onwards, Farscape just marches at its own tempo.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Yeah I found first season of Farscape pretty silly, but from then on it just got better and better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I did watch a few later episodes so I kind of knew the characters before hand so maybe I'm being a bit weird, but I generally find all the characters quite good and not that annoying even Rygel...Yes!

I think I like the structure of the episodes they are very good I have to say even in the weaker ones.

Network Hub
    Quite getting in to Sons of Anarchy at the moment its not as classy as the Sopranos but I enjoy that. Its got that rough and ready feel of being a biker if you know what I mean. I particularly like Carl played by Ron Perlman, hes got such a unique hard arse face. Also I was half a season in and I was watching it on my Nexus in bed with the missus and she was like "isn't that Leela from Futurama " and me being the dickhead was like "oh god yeah, thats the voice that sounded familiar". She is also a pretty good actress too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    With every episode show Vikigns gets better,latest is fourth and it was pretty good. You should give it a chance.

It's Kevin on BBC. A bit of song and dance, a bit of slapstick and some surreal nonsense. Funny.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    @ Farscape

One day I will give it the second chance it probably deserves. Keep it in mind that when I gave it it's first chance it was in the "Buffy" timeslot on BBC2 and categorically wasn't Buffy, so I probably wasn't well disposed towards it.

BBC2, 6pm till 7.30pm. Mondays and Fridays, double bill of The Simpsons. Interspersed episodes of Star Trek (my introduction to TNG, didn't care too much for DS9), Buffy, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Farscape and a variety of other good things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    BBC2, 6pm till 7.30pm. Mondays and Fridays, double bill of The Simpsons. Interspersed episodes of Star Trek (my introduction to TNG, didn't care too much for DS9), Buffy, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Farscape and a variety of other good things.
    Set up a TV station for me to watch, it sounds amazing.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

It's a shame that BBC lost the rights to The Simpsons. I just took it for granted, all those years back, that The Simpsons didn't have any advert breaks. Of course, watching it on Sky 1 and then the odd time on Channel 4 made me realise the luxury of BBC-broadcasted material.

Oh, yeah, that slot also had classic Doctor Who whenever they could fit them in. It's how I got introduced to it, essentially. My first Doctor was Jon Pertwee.

Anyhow, yeah, that slot was golden, maybe even magical. Just all of these great shows that didn't seem to be anywhere else, until they were bought by Sky. God damn Sky. Stealing everything good. Hell, I wouldn't even mind C4 so much because at least their adverts aren't half an hour long.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm waiting for the day Sky goes full blown american advertising

-Adverts
    -Tv show intro
    -Adverts
    -First 10 minutes of The Simpsons
    -Adverts
    -Next 10 minutes
    -Adverts
    -Last 5 minutes
    -Adverts
    -Credits of The Simpsons
    -Adverts
    -Next show
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Anyhow, yeah, that slot was golden, maybe even magical. Just all of these great shows that didn't seem to be anywhere else, until they were bought by Sky. God damn Sky. Stealing everything good. Hell, I wouldn't even mind C4 so much because at least their adverts aren't half an hour long.
    Yup, was a great timeslot except when the bloody snooker came on and interrupted it all.

Incidentally this is why I remain vaguely interested in the snooker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yeah I remember BBC2 used to be the king of drama back in the day because of that time slot, probably got me into lots of great shows TNG, Farscape. Due South, Sliders, Ren and Stimpy, The Simpsons. Man they don't make that like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Yup, was a great timeslot except when the bloody snooker came on and interrupted it all.
    Incidentally this is why I remain vaguely interested in the snooker
    Are we the same person? Although, in recent years, my interest has waned to the extent of simply having it on if I can find absolutely nothing else.

Yeah I remember BBC2 used to be the king of drama back in the day because of that time slot, probably got me into lots of great shows TNG, Farscape. Due South, Sliders, Ren and Stimpy, The Simpsons. Man they don't make that like they used to.
    I don't think I was old enough to appreciate Due South. All I remember was a man who went around in a red jacket. Every so often he'd talk to someone else in a red jacket who had white hair. I only recently discovered that man was Leslie Nielsen. Sliders though, my gosh! That was a crazy show. Fantastic premise. Don't remember a lot of it, mind. Ren and Stimpy, on the other hand, man that used to properly scare me. Its weird style and content freaked me out. I'm sure I'd find it humorous watching it now, but I haven't seen anything more than a few seconds of it since I was maybe 10.