Page 59 of 147 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2925
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Also Lena Headey & Peter Dinkage are good friends apparently (even before GoT) and share a house whilst they are filming.
    Awesome.

7 Kingdoms united in fear of Tywin Lannister!

Oh...
    steam: sketch

Obscure Node
    House of Cards, House of Lies, Fringe, Utopia, The Walking Dead and a few others i record for the downtimes between seasons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Apparently GoT got the 4th season renewal thumbs up from HBO :)
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Yeah, I wondered what this scene was about when I first saw it.

After watching a variety of shows on Blu-ray I decided to go back to Babylon 5 (on DVD). After watching the first episode I can safely conclude that this series did not age well, no sir. The CGI shots look hilariously bad, I'll probably keep at it because it is (one of) the best sci-fi show(s).
    The pilot is a year older than the rest and is laughably bad in terms of CGI. The first season is just amusingly bad, and from season 2 onwards it stops being an issue really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Watched the first episode of Game of Thrones season 3 more of a heres the characters and where they are then anything else and I really wish you had more of the characters and more of whats going to happen next have a little bit of that with Dany. I have to say I'm not to sure on Margary it seemed in the book you didn't really get a handle on the character and it was Cerseis more point of view so you were like well Cersei is terrible so she must not be that terrible but in here she is way to sickly sweet its like you kind of want to punch her and fee a little bit on Cersei's side which is an interesting side of it.

Very nervous about new AD but feeling hopeful.

Justified was excellent. I think the season finale really happened in the penultimate episode which was a fantastic bit of telly.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    Justified was excellent. I think the season finale really happened in the penultimate episode which was a fantastic bit of telly.
    I've always kind of felt like Justified's popularity was partially responsible for Terriers' demise. I gave up on it after Season 2; in hindsight, that may have been out of bitterness and I may have to revisit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Carnivale,show about cirkus in 1934,with premise of good versus evil. Watched six episodes so far and yet i have to see some unnatural shit happening lol,but people on the internet said good words about the show so i'm sticking with it.
    Either you're watching the wrong Carnivale, or you're watching it wrong. Possibly with your eyes closed, which I find makes it rather hard to discern what's going on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Also fifth season of VENTURE BROS !!! There is trailer somewhere on internet and it looks awesome,google it up.

Quote Originally Posted by fxnews View Post
    House of Cards, House of Lies, Fringe, Utopia, The Walking Dead and a few others i record for the downtimes between seasons.
    Fringe any good? I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes but didn't like it much

Quote Originally Posted by roryok View Post
    Fringe any good? I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes but didn't like it much
    Once it moved away from monster of the week and into a much more serialised format it became thoroughly enjoyable telly. I can't quite remember when that happened - maybe the 2nd series?

I suggest however that if you didnt like the characters then your opinion about it is unlikely to change. If you just thought the stories were poor then maybe give it another shot.

Latest Archer was great - brilliant to meet Cheryl's brother even better that he is voiced by Eugene Mirman (Gene from Bob's Burgers). While Kristen Schaal playing his g/f was icing on the cake. I especially loved that Cheryl could hear the show's music and even learned a new word - diagetic.

I've been catching up on comedies...

Watched all of Not Going Out over the past week - reasonably amusing and Lee Mack's writing comes through very strongly. I admit I tend to blow hot and cold with him as sometimes he's very funny, and based on appearances on panel shows quick-witted. But at the same time much of his comedy comes across as childish without a sense of intelligence underlying it (unlike say South Park or Archer)

Caught up on House of Lies season 2, nice to see they're trying to move the characters away from being completely objectionable shitbags.

Up to season 4 of The Middle, glad I went back to watch this as I missed it at the first time of asking largely because the only thing familiar about it was Neil Flynn and I wasn't confident he could carry a comedy.

Been watching Psych. Don't enjoy it quite as much as I used to, but still plenty of good laughs. I did think the recent Bigfoot Blair Witch ep was brilliant. My main concern is that recent eps (particularly that one and the Mexico one) seem to be placing them in increasingly dangerous scenarios yet they act no differently. They've always been goofy and somewhat rash, but some of their recent actions have crossed a line into stupidity.

Finally, I watched Ross Noble's - Nonsensory Overload DVDs. Hilarious as ever. I particularly love watching audience members who have clearly never seen his show before, who get taken aback when he'll just stop in the middle of a point and start chatting to people he spots doing weird things.
    Last edited by Timofee; 05-04-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Yeah, Kristen and Eugene were a nice suprise cameo.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I've always kind of felt like Justified's popularity was partially responsible for Terriers' demise. I gave up on it after Season 2; in hindsight, that may have been out of bitterness and I may have to revisit it.
    I never really associated the two but I can see that there's some overlap in the denim jacket and facial hair departments.

I think it might be time for a Terriers re-watch!
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Tim Minchin is brilliant in the current season of Californication. "Fucking ProTools..."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Watched all of Not Going Out over the past week - reasonably amusing and Lee Mack's writing comes through very strongly. I admit I tend to blow hot and cold with him as sometimes he's very funny, and based on appearances on panel shows quick-witted. But at the same time much of his comedy comes across as childish without a sense of intelligence underlying it (unlike say South Park or Archer)
    Have to disagree with this its got to be one of the laziest and predictable comedies ive ever seen the gags are something a child would make and they are big neon signs to the punchline of them and the storylines are just the same sitcom cliches. I think i prefer Lee Mack on panel shows to be honest.

Saw the two episodes of Labrynth alright for a quite good Dan Brown like mystery with a bit more fantasy elements. The characters were alright the mystery was quite engaging and the main women character only seem to wear clothes that showed off her lrgs and some random sex and nudity thrown in for no reason. Also Draco Malfoy actor playing a good guy which was quite novel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Also goddamn it if CvH is not one of the most mesmerizing creatures ever.
    She was great in Black Death.
    I had the chance to talk to Finn Jones (Loras in the show) and he said he knows how the story ends.

One episode of Spartacus left :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    What? I liked Terriers...but completely different entity from Justified. I think Terriers death sentence was cast with the daft name. They needed something a bit more straight forward and less obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    She was great in Black Death.
    I had the chance to talk to Finn Jones (Loras in the show) and he said he knows how the story ends.
    When was this?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Last week. Seeing him in S3E01 was so weird a couple of days later!
    Now that I think about it, no shit they know how it ends...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I remember an article recently about Emilia Clarke saying how noone will tell her how it ends. Odd.
    steam: sketch