Page 60 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2525
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I think Terriers death sentence was cast with the daft name.
    It's interesting how much this matters, particularly with the rise in the popularity of the internet (god being able to say that makes me feel old). I swear it was a major factor in why Life got cancelled so soon, despite being rather good

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I watched a big interview/talk thing the cast did with GRRM and it seemed a lot of the actors hadn't read the books, or had only read their parts, or upto where the series was (although Kit Harrington had read the first 4 books). I can kind of dig that, because in a way if knowing too much could impact your performance.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Currently watching castle. already on season five but episode 1 only. really like the series and will remember it fondly for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Currently watching castle. already on season five but episode 1 only. really like the series and will remember it fondly for years.
    Is it ending? I dropped off a couple of seasons back as too much to do, not enough time for all the TV (person of interest & fringe also fell off the wagon as well). However I found it pretty enjoyable overall albeit formulaic. Much man love for the Fillion.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Is it ending? I dropped off a couple of seasons back as too much to do, not enough time for all the TV (person of interest & fringe also fell off the wagon as well). However I found it pretty enjoyable overall albeit formulaic. Much man love for the Fillion.
    AFAIK its not been officially renewed yet, but given Castle's ratings and how many other shows ABC has cancelled I doubt they'd cancel it. That being said a cynical person might point to the fact they ordered an extra episode to bring it up to a round 100 as an ominous sign they were considering cutting ties and pushing out to syndication. But like I say, I still doubt this...perhaps if stuff like Last Resort had been more successful.

New ep of Orphan Black was good. Stuck a nice balance between intrigue and comedy. Her turn as the German was a vast improvement over last week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Don't ABC usually wait until a month in the year to decide what gets a new season and what doesn't as to AMC and HBO who premier a series (The Walking Dead & Game of Thones) and then after episode one of the new season they announce it's been picked up for another season. We're one episode into season 3 of GoT and they already announced season 4.

I think ABC usually wait and just renew and cancel a bunch of shows in one sweeping go.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Someone US based can probably explain it better than I can, but effectively: yes. The big US networks tend to announce renewals at the upfronts in May which is when they sell a lot of their ad time (hence the advertisers want to know what they'll be advertising against). However, they'll quite often announce renewals for their biggest shows in advance of that.

The cable channels announce renewals pretty much whenever as they're predominantly subscriber driven, so once an ep has opened to excellent audiences and they're confident the show will be a 'draw' to subscribers then they'll want to get started on the next season asap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Except with Castle the 100th episode, last week, was still a few episodes before the end of the season. If they were going for a minimal amount for syndication, I'm sure they could've found a way to make it the last episode (and it'd have been a pretty wonderful one to go out on). I can see them putting out a couple more seasons and then calling it. Failing that, there's nothing really stopping them from wrapping up any remaining plot points in one batch of 24 episodes. If you were really focused, could probably do it in a run of 13. There's not much else to cover apart from sorting out the mess behind Beckett's mum, maybe another appearance by the Triple Killer and then maybe, maybe something more to do with Castle's dad.

I imagine with Castle though it comes down to guaranteed numbers; even if it isn't super popular, the numbers are guaranteed with a show like this. It's gotten over the rough patch of s4 and returned to something a little more tongue-in-cheek in tone and if they can keep this up, I don't expect any sort of serious quality drop.

Errm, other shows. Let's see. I really enjoyed last night's Doctor Who. Reading around The Internet last night seems to indicate it as being a highly divisive episode. I for one enjoyed that it was something a bit different and not very action packed, but there you go. It was good to have Have I Got News For You back (ra-ther!) and I've been making my way through a few episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway? (US) a day in anticipation of its grand return in June.

And tomorrow there'll be a new Mad Men to watch. Yay!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    And tomorrow there'll be a new Mad Men to watch. Yay!
    Talking of which. Great Mad men/Archer mashup tumbr here: -

http://sterlingarcherdraperpryce.tumblr.com/

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I liked the back story of Clara and liked her caracter in it made me a lot more confident in her character which I thought was a little shaky from the three past episodes she was in but she was really kind and actually did something. Just think the Kumbya equivelent that everyone sung at the end was a little bit to much and very cheesy but everything else was quite good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Carnivale.

Its so damn slown,but still good so i keep watching and watching,hoping for something big to happen haha.

... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Orphan Black's second episode was stronger now that they've got the set up out of the way and established the characters. It's ticking a lot of boxes for things I like and things I dislike but I'm definitely intrigued and very curious to see more.

Hannibal was interesting. Top-notch production values and a good cast will carry it far. Will Graham seeing the crime scene through the perpetrator's eye was a little distracting but hopefully they'll tone it down a bit after the series opener.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Strong Game of Thrones episode for the women this time. We got to see the cool fight between Jamie and Brie, plus Margaery Tyrell looked like a freakin' genius in her scene with Joffrey. Feel free to correct me (don't you dare), but I don't think the books offer anything from the perspective of Joffrey or Margaery so that scene only exists in the show.

I'm going to add it to the list of good additions, even though the show has a habit of taking things from the book that were only hinted at and flinging them into the spotlight with all the subtlety of a Michael Bay blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Strong Game of Thrones episode for the women this time. We got to see the cool fight between Jamie and Brie, plus Margaery Tyrell looked like a freakin' genius in her scene with Joffrey. Feel free to correct me (don't you dare), but I don't think the books offer anything from the perspective of Joffrey or Margaery so that scene only exists in the show.

I'm going to add it to the list of good additions, even though the show has a habit of taking things from the book that were only hinted at and flinging them into the spotlight with all the subtlety of a Michael Bay blockbuster.
    Yeah strong episode for sure and they packed a lot in. Diana Rigg was killing it as Queen of Thorns.

JHC though, Bran and Rickon are both growing up fast. Bran's almost as tall as Jon Snow. Osha needs to stop saying 'the little lords' soon

Not so struck on the Reeds ..they just come across as bit RADA poncy in truth. I always imagined them to be a bit more ferret like, for want of a better description.

Also..so much for your water dancing training Arya...disarmed in no time...disappointing

Brienne steam rollering Jamie was pretty sweet though. Bow down before your mistress Kingslayer :)

Correct on the joffery/maegery stuff..however the additions are great and I like the way they are playing it

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The Jamie supporters are out in droves again. When Jamie fought Ned they were all like 'I call foul, no way Ned would be able to stand toe to toe like that!' And now they're all 'Sure Jamie was starving, tired, and out of practise, but... the best swordsman in the kingdom should've put up a better fight than that!' Oh piss off. Brie owned him HARD, and rightfully so. They seem to think Jamie is Batman or something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    He was also manacled. If I remember correctly the books had Jaime being surprised at Brienne's skill, thus starting down the path of having respect for her.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    He starts respecting her when she defends him on their journey after he lost

SPOILER SPOILER

*his hand*

SPOILER SPOILER.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Daft most people put spoilers in white text (Like so). I'm pretty sure most people here have read the books, but maybe mask it out for the few who haven't?
    Last edited by Kadayi; 09-04-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I haven't gotten that far in the books yet. White text would've been appreciated since I thought this was just a list of what we're watching not lets discuss things that happen in a book series that's now a tv show that haven't happened yet :(

@Drake - I know I saw an interview with GRRM, where he said he loved that with the show they could expand on characters and add in a few more scenes that where never in the book.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yeah I like it because they can't really do what the Book does to well and actually get in the head of a character to much so they kind of have to add scenes here and there.