Page 65 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3364
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post

16.30 - Charlie Brooker Tells You How To Think
    Because if you want more Black Mirror, you have to put up with this as well.
    Hey, I like that show!
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    *Chuckles*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I have no idea who Olivia Colman is..I'm going to regard that as good thing.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I have no idea who Olivia Colman is..I'm going to regard that as good thing.
    Sophie from Peep Show, and now "Woman in 75% of Everything Else". I actually really like her as an actress, but she's become as omnipresent as Carol Vorderman once was.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Olivia Colman was phenomenal in Tyrannosaur, which is why she's been taking off in the last couple of years. And more power to her, at least it's not Julie Benz! Though, given the choice, I'm glad we got Rashida Jones instead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    You definitely forgot Pointless which is what I imagine the utopia would actually be like, a crappy set with various boring people that are in a game show that is almost hypnotically watchable for some strange reason and that bloke thats surprisingly funny on Have I got News for you and that other bloke that definitely isn't funny

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Julie Benz needs to be blacklisted. She ruins everything that she touches.
    Not Dexter.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I don't watch much TV without having someone telling me "you'll probably like this" first and 85% of the time them being on the money so I've failed to notice Olivia Colman's overexposure - she'll always be Harriet/Sophie to me, and therefore up there with Tamsin Greig (as someone else said on the last page Black Books is a must watch) as one of the great current British comic actresses.

That guide to British telly made me laugh though, well played particularly the bemusement at Jeremy "Homeopathy, why the hell not?" Hunt's current position.

---

Also having got back from holiday I've been able to go on a Game of Thrones catch up binge, which was very enjoyable indeed. Spoilers if you haven't watched up to ep 3

Loved the scene with the small council shifting the chairs around. Also the actress playing Cersei is playing an absolute blinder, the little nervous tic she has developed with her hands as the pressure mounts on her with the realisation she has no control over Joffrey and that Margaery is most definitely not Sansa. In the aforementioned council scene I thought her hiding her hands under the table to try and prevent showing her weakness was a really deft touch in showing she's aware that her position is becoming unstable.

Oh and the Jaime/Brienne banter was everything I'd hoped it would be.

Plus Pod! Dany being a badass! Direwolf cake!

Great stuff and always fun to play "spot the British actor/cameo." Hello to Gareth from the office, Dame Diana Rigg, the bloke from Snow Patrol and that girl off of Hollyoaks.

Oh and I love the Hold Steady (well, with the exception of their most recent album, which was a bit mediocre) so I enjoyed the end credit song, thought the dissonance worked OK too but can totally understand why people would prefer "ooh drama!" music or even silence instead.
    Last edited by Lambchops; 18-04-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Tyrion and Bronn should have their own show at this point. Probably something in the detective genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Tyrion and Bronn should have their own show at this point. Probably something in the detective genre.
    The hound of the riverlands :)

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Great stuff and always fun to play "spot the British actor/cameo." Hello to Gareth from the office, Dame Diana Rigg, the bloke from Snow Patrol and that girl off of Hollyoaks.
    And Dennis Pennis!
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    Totally didn't recognise him (though Pennis was a bit before my time of watching such things and I know him better for his cameo in Spaced - and Hoover looks nothing like Thoros!).

dr who isnt scifi though. its fantasy
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    We're not gonna have one of those 'Define a genre' debates here as well are we :( ?

(It's clearly a fantastical sci-fi).
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    We're not gonna have one of those 'Define a genre' debates here as well are we :( ?

(It's clearly a fantastical sci-fi).
    Dr Who is most definitely a RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

I would also say this of Jaime and Brienne so entertaining there banter, would definitely work in the medieval crime drama mold.

Just watched the Southland season 5 finale ...really hoping that it gets renewed for a 6th season (because you can never have enough Lydia or Cooper in truth), but if it bows out as it did I'm good with it

*crosses fingers for renewal though*

If you've never seen it, if you liked The Wire, then you definitely check out. By far the best cop drama that's been on TV since that show.

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Caught up with Arrow.
    It has everything: hot women, Crixus, exposition during hot shirtless training, Windows PCs, Windows Surface, Windows phone.
    Fun show.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    British TV Guide
    One of the funniest posts I've had the pleasure of reading on the forums. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    dr who isnt scifi though. its fantasy
    + all the other quotes. Doctor Who is, in fact, all of them. That's part of its (dis)appeal, that it covers so much ground. When one week it can be horror, another fantasy, another gothic adventure etc. If I had to label it, I'd call it a sci-fi-adventure, as the basic conventions it is based around and enable others of are sci-fi and the adventure part comes naturally. Certainly a very soft sci-fi (apart from when it wants to be hard sf).

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Caught up with Arrow.
    It has everything: hot women, Crixus, exposition during hot shirtless training, Windows PCs, Windows Surface, Windows phone.
    Fun show.
    Ha!

I've not been at home the last week and a half, so I'm a little behind on a few shows, but I caught half an episode of 2 Broke Girls. So, someone had tried to sell it to me before as one of those "okay" shows, plus Kat Dennings. And whilst it does indeed have Kat Dennings, it doesn't have much else. Now I'm not going to pretend that half an episode at random is acceptable to pass judgement on, but I can just tell it's one of those US sitcoms, you know? One of those. I've seen a few clips otherwise too and it seems like there is actually a pretty decent concept, but the writing is so incredibly average and it's padded so very much that I have to ask, just how on earth does it get made? How on earth do any of these other shows get made?

Also, I dreamt there were more episodes of Farscape and the planned plot of the Nebari declaring war on everything actually happened. Alas...