Page 70 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 3363
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Started watching The Americans which shared some similarities with Banshee but was great nonetheless.

Hannibal remains great as well, although his cooking makes me hungry most of the time.

And caught up with New Girl, it took a bit to find its place but it's pretty funny and the chemistry between the characters/actors is great.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I still can't get over the fact that New Girl shouldn't be this good. It just shouldn't. Because. Man, I remember watching the original trailer for the pilot and going "4 episodes. It'll get 4 episodes." Yeah. Great stuff.

Been marathoning 30 Rock and my god (Lemon), I just can't fathom how I utterly managed to miss this when it was on. Consistently enjoyable. I've just started on season 5, a couple of episodes in and there has not been a single episode I thought was bad. There's obviously some that are (much) funnier than others and maybe s4 didn't hit quite as high as 2 or 3, but it's just so damn funny. I'll watch an episode and then go onto YouTube to find a clip and I don't know why because I have the bloody episode right there to watch! I love the characters, the relationships, the dialogue, the fact that I'm in love with Liz Lemon but also the realisation that oh god that's who I'm going to be when I'm older but actually Liz Lemon is great in her own way so phew maybe it won't be that bad. What I'm saying is, 30 Rock is fantastic, quickly rose to be one of my favourite shows.

Doctor Who has been on a roll too. I've enjoyed every episode since it's return in the spring, but the last couple or so episodes have really been tremendous. The best part is just the experience of it. It's nice to run into the lounge, get the TV on and all be sitting round and waiting for it to start. Then there's Mad Men which I can't believe is already so far into the season, but the last two episodes have just been excellent. I've particularly enjoyed this season so far, but really, the latest episode put in so much content I kinda had to sit back at the end of it and let it all wash over so that I could start to process it. The cinematography and music is essentially perfect and the characters are as intricate as they've ever been. Some really interesting character interactions in the last episode too.

All in all, I like TV.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    All in all, I like TV.
    Yes, TV is great!

Mad Men is as wonderful as ever. Hannibal does something special with the soundtrack and visuals and even though it's often unpleasant in its content it really gets inside my head and leaves me wanting more. I watched the pilot of The Shield last night and I'm super excited (and a little daunted) to know that there are 7 seasons ahead.

I'm sad that The Americans is done for now and also sad that Defiance is really, really boring.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I'm up to season 4 of The Sopranos, but I'm not sure why I'm watching anymore. Feels like it's just running on fumes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I would recommend getting past season 4 because I had a similar problem with that season and was so tempted to get off but I guarentee the next two seasons especially the last one is A grade brilliant.

An episode of Hannibal. Really exited to see Mads Mikkelsen on screen, although it's mostly during the therapy sessions with Will when I see him. I gotta say that the whole story felt like it's CSI with the weirdness ramped up to eleven. It's in a much slower pace than the movies but not the kind that makes me snore or lose interest half-way through. Pretty good but I'm gonna need a few more episodes just to be sure.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Seinfeld is so uncomfortable to watch. I have to pause a couple of times every episode. It's one of the best shows ever made.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I watched the full first season of Rectify (it's only 6 episodes). It's really good, but there's a moment at the very end which, while it would work great as the ending to a miniseries, makes me wonder how they are going to continue the show for a 10 episode second season (it was just picked up for 10 more episodes).
    Best new TV drama series I've seen in a while (I've watched it through twice now) and fantastic performances across the board from ...well pretty much everyone involved really (though Aden Young kills it as a man completely at sea with his unlikely freedom). The style of the show is reminiscent of Deadwood in that each episode takes place over a day, but in this case the days follow each other (the entire series is less than a week). Highly recommended to anyone who appreciates thought provoking drama.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I would recommend getting past season 4 because I had a similar problem with that season and was so tempted to get off but I guarentee the next two seasons especially the last one is A grade brilliant.
    I kind of get where it was going with the first half-dozen episodes. Definitely paid off once Carmela and Johnny Sack blew up, but whereas Breaking Bad handles dramatic tension with the skill of a surgeon, Sopranos' forte is straight drama.

Can I draw attention to how stylish the intro for Orphan Black is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Can I draw attention to how stylish the intro for Orphan Black is?

Yes, I love it.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

The latest Doctor Who episode was good but a bit overstuffed with ideas so it didnt really reach great unfortunatly. The kids were kind of not really used that much which made me think that they didnt have to be there. Clara seemed like a completly different character like she had done 5 years of military school suddenly. I wish it was better because it had cool ideas and a really nice look to it that definitly reminded me of gaimans last episode. Matt Smith was great though and this is probably the episode i would show to say how great he is playing both the villian and the doctor really well. Also Warick Davies was really good.

The castle wasnt at all comical though which i think is something they missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    The latest Doctor Who episode was good but a bit overstuffed with ideas so it didnt really reach great unfortunatly. The kids were kind of not really used that much which made me think that they didnt have to be there. Clara seemed like a completly different character like she had done 5 years of military school suddenly. I wish it was better because it had cool ideas and a really nice look to it that definitly reminded me of gaimans last episode. Matt Smith was great though and this is probably the episode i would show to say how great he is playing both the villian and the doctor really well. Also Warick Davies was really good.

The castle wasnt at all comical though which i think is something they missed.
    Clara didn't really come over as a military officer, all she did was order squad around that looked like they just returned from Comic-Con.

Individual Cyberen are cool but the plot, the small scale and the CGI army was a bit of a disappointment. And yeah the kids just stood there being braindead for the most part, it's also weird they just tagged along for one trip, would have expected at least a scene where they begged the Doctor and Clara for a timetravel trip.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    GoT episode 3:7

Not half bad. GRRM took the opportunity to round out a lot of the characters and develop some of the dynamics. Enjoyed the Dany scene esp and the Wildling stuff worked well. : -

Bear was a tad underwhelming, but then again it's a bear. Getting them to do what you want probably isn't that easy.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    My girlfriend and I watch How I Met Your Mother semi-regularly and New Girl very infrequently, that was the extent of my TV watching up until last week when I got Netflix and Media Hint for Chrome so I can watch American stuff. So far I've used it to watch anime I've never heard of (Elfen Lied: crap, Darker than Black (or something?): crap, Desert Punk: crap, but entertaining), a few minutes of Jackass 3D (crap), Fawlty Towers (best) and The Thick of It (fuckity best). I will be watching season 4 of Arrested Development ASAP, maybe some other bits here and there but after watching all the Jackie Chan films (well, almost) with my brother over the summer I'm not too interested in their selection of films.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Sweet, they're finally showing Knightmare on Challenge TV again. And Fun House too because, why not?

Obscure Node
    the only currently airing shows are Game of Thrones and Breaking bad. Which is unfortunate because I like getting sucked into television shows. Rewatching House also at the moment, for the 3rd time or so. Have to got some excuses to not be reading school stuff.

The United States of Television: America in Primetime was pretty good. It spans four episodes - on men, misfits, women, crusaders - and covers how each role has changed since television began. They have some top quality talking heads, mostly writers and actors, and enough clips to make you wish you'd tuned in to the older shows first time around and make you think about rewatching the ones you've already seen.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Clara didn't really come over as a military officer, all she did was order squad around that looked like they just returned from Comic-Con.*
    I dont know what it was but it seemed like she was a different character so much that i thought it was going to be part of the plot but no.

Just watched the season finale of New Girl and thought it was excellent. The show has definitely been improving hugely since about mid way through season 1 where it started transitioning from an amusing way to spend 30mins into a show I actively look forward to watching.

Favourite bits from the ep: (spoilers) Schmidt running away was brilliant; followed closely (both in the ep and in laughs) by the way Winston sashayed out of the vent