Page 73 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3159
    ^

I'm sad now.

Part two of that is quite moving. Both parts are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    ArrNetflix Development has the worst narrative structure I've ever seen. The issue isn't too much George Senior, it's too much Ron Howard recapping at length what we just saw..
    I'm enjoying it so far, however this is a good point. There does seem to be a lot more Ron Howard exposition voiceover than I remember.

Orphan Black ended interestingly. They wrapped up enough to make it satisfying but left some unanswered questions and planted new seeds. I'm definitely keen to see next season.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Obscure Node
    I don't know what it is about GoT that makes it so difficult to follow. Season One interested me enough to read the books, but despite finishing the series (so far) I still find myself lost in the TV series occasionally.

Reckon they could have done more of an effort with Essos. British accents on a different continent to Westeros doesnt really sit right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifa View Post
    I don't know what it is about GoT that makes it so difficult to follow. Season One interested me enough to read the books, but despite finishing the series (so far) I still find myself lost in the TV series occasionally.

Reckon they could have done more of an effort with Essos. British accents on a different continent to Westeros doesnt really sit right.
    My issue with the TV show was that the pacing was horrid. In many ways, it reminded me of Dragonball Z in that they tried too hard to do a "One chapter (well, group of chapters) is one episode". So a lot of episodes only slightly moved toward the season finale while the rest was just filler (a problem I have with the books too :p). That's why I am going to just ignore Season 3 until the finale then binge on it in one giant marathon.

That being said, not really a spoiler but still going to white it for people who don't want anything: Tonight's episode is going to make half the internet explode
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Are there shows similair to Jeremiah or Jerico? Something Fallout-like perhaps? I want to watch something on my pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I watched the first two episodes of Breaking Bad and didn't enjoy it that much, is it worth continuing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yes, the show is incredibly slow burn but the payoffs are fantastic. The tension built by the slower episodes is what makes everything seem so much more tense.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Whats the general opinion on a second season of Breaking Bad? I stopped when I finished the first one, enjoyed it but don't even remember much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Whats the general opinion on a second season of Breaking Bad? I stopped when I finished the first one, enjoyed it but don't even remember much.
    Watch it NOW!

Breaking Bad basically goes: Season 1 great, season 2 also great, season 3 pretty great but occasionally gets a bit slow because it's setting things up for season 4 being absolutely awesome, 1st half season 5 great.

So yeah, it's consistently excellent and I can't wait for the conclusion to season 5.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Game of Thrones.

I...well...err...

oh my
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Seeing people's reaction on forums/Facebook as someone who has read the books has been entertaining.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Game of Thrones.
    Can't say I was surprised by this episode. I don't think HBO could have done more foreshadowing. How many dozens of times have we had to sit through scenes of Catelyn complaining to Robb about how he shouldn't have married Talisa - and how that was breaking his vow to Lord Frey, which was, she once more explained, kind of important; all the more so because he was a somewhat prickly person. How many times has such a scene been immediately followed by one of Joffrey pontificating about how a king should uphold his vows. He might be an annoying brat, but at least he's grasped the basics of his position.

Anyway, now that this meandering story of Robb mucking about the Riverlands has ended, I hope that we'll see at least some sort of move towards resolving the conflict. Stannis seems rather weak at the moment, and Daenerys doesn't seem any closer to coming to Westeros than she was in the first season. Bring on the Lannisters vs. White Walkers... or something like that.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 03-06-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I thought season one Breaking Bad definitely the weakest, but does a useful job of setting up Walter White's transformation. In season one he is Mr Chips not Scarface.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Game of Thrones.

I...well...err...

oh my
    What he said.

@Trigagonist - I cant say I expected all that at all. I expected there to be some repercussions for what Robb did, but not that.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Episodes like this are why I'm glad I've not read ahead in the books. I can't imagine watching that episode with prior knowledge and it having the same effect.

I admit that earlier in the season I was told about there was something coming up known as the Red Wedding and that it was something brutal, but it still managed to surprise me since there is more than one wedding on the go and I thought it was going to be the other one!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    @Trigagonist - I cant say I expected all that at all.
    It was a bit more severe than expected, true, but Robb and Catelyn had shown their vows were meaningless (Frey pointed this out in the episode, too) so solving this slight always seemed likely to lead to some sort of violence. Let's also not forget that Robb put Frey at considerable risk of Lannister retaliation over the issue of allowing Robb's army to pass the Twins. It's at least understandable that the guy was pretty angry at what he took to be a serious betrayal.

I hadn't expected the massacre to be as widespread, though - and I'm also quite impressed that the show's writers refrained from giving Talisa and Robb a 'last words / dying in my arms' scene. But to have her stomach ravaged like that seemed rather unnecessary, and done purely to shock the audience - who, contrary to the Freys (?), knew she was pregnant.

Anyway, speaking of the episode: poor, poor Arya. How much misery can befall a young girl? Will she see this loss as a reason to seek out Jaqen H'ghar again, she did mention him in the episode and the last time she refused to join him only because she wanted to find her family. Also good to see Jon make use of the confusion to escape his captors, that field trip of his was getting a bit stale. Interesting to see Bran slowly mastering his gifts, too. I look forward to seeing his talents develop in the coming season.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I do hope we see a return of Jaqen at some point. Although Arya and the Hound has interesting potential for a master/student thing if they go that route.

You do make a good point about stabbing Talisa in the stomach... in the moment I just assumed her pregnancy was common knowledge - but it wasn't, was it? Perhaps Fray had learned she was pregnant somehow, or merely ordered her death to be especially painful out of spite... I don't know. Maybe they will answer that next week.

What about the Blackfish? Either I blinked and missed him get killed off, or he somehow escaped the slaughter.

And I do love how in hindsight, Tywin's urgency in arranging the marriage of Tyrion and Sansa makes complete sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm interested to see now what happens that so many main characters have died in a single episode.

On the subject of who knew she was pregnant, I figured Frey knew/figured it because Robb had her wearing a big dress and a big cloak to cover up the bump when they were in the hall.

Also Screwie, didn't Blackfish excuse himself to go "piss against a tree"?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID