Page 74 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3343
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    What about the Blackfish? Either I blinked and missed him get killed off, or he somehow escaped the slaughter.
    You didn't miss anything.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    More spoilers, of course:

In the books there's some ambiguity about whether Robb's wife (different character in the books) escaped, as she didn't go to the wedding, thus leaving open the possibility of her having a son who is the true heir to the north. I assume the writers of the show have GRRM's cooperation on what could have been a major plot point, and the stomach stabbing is putting the question to rest.

And no, the Blackfish wasn't killed. Not sure if he was present at the wedding at all in the books, but you see him leave the room in the show, and he's a smart guy and experienced scout. He'd have slipped away as soon as he realised what was going on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Thanks for the clarification, guys!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I do hope we see a return of Jaqen at some point. Although Arya and the Hound has interesting potential for a master/student thing if they go that route.
    Perhaps, though Arya didn't seem to impressed by him this episode. Who knows what the latest events will do to her, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    On the subject of who knew she was pregnant, I figured Frey knew/figured it because Robb had her wearing a big dress and a big cloak to cover up the bump when they were in the hall.
    I thought along those lines, but then Frey referred to her shapely form, and I figured the idea behind the outfit was just to appear modest and not, as it were, draw too much attention to her. Robb's love for her was the reason this problem existed, after all. Religious women in Europe, the Mediterranean and the Middle-East who want to avoid such attention often wear loose clothing as well. But perhaps there was a visible bump - I didn't notice it. It seems a bit early, but who knows. If anyone in Westeros could tell at an early stage, Frey has to be one of the candidates.

On a more light-hearted note, the glance Frey gave Robb when it was revealed his daughter given in marriage wasn't at all unattractive has to be one of the more amusing scenes of the episode.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 03-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    There was a small bump that was visible in the scene where she tells him if it's a boy she'll name his Eddard. It's also possible that the attack was aimed at her stomach merely because it's more symbolic than just slitting her neck. Slitting her neck would've been very easy, stabbing her in the stomach is really going to send a message home.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I hadn't read the books, but I knew what was coming because I'd be spoiled, but it was almost worse I think.

I feel after this season I will just crack on with the books, they're different enough that it's still enjoyable to go through both, but I don't want to be spoiled more.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Even though I knew it was coming by having read the books it was still shocking in a visceral sense especially the stomach stabbing. Though one very minor compliant is that the music didn't feel as surreal and sinister as it did in the book but i can understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Seeing people's reaction on forums/Facebook as someone who has read the books has been entertaining.
    More here: https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Even though I knew it was coming by having read the books it was still shocking in a visceral sense especially the stomach stabbing. Though one very minor compliant is that the music didn't feel as surreal and sinister as it did in the book but i can understand why.
    I think the significance of the music was lost. Some people may have recognised the tune from earlier episodes but I only knew what it was from the books.

I wasn't sure if I'd heard it before or not. It sounded familiar and the look on Mrs. Starks face made me figure it was meant to be pretty important or symbolic to her at least.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Seeing people's reaction on forums/Facebook as someone who has read the books has been entertaining.
    Same here. I kinda feel like this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I wasn't sure if I'd heard it before or not. It sounded familiar and the look on Mrs. Starks face made me figure it was meant to be pretty important or symbolic to her at least.
    Oh yes, she noticed! They've actually been playing the song pretty often, and always in relation to the Lannisters. Tyrion is often whistling it, Bronn was singing it with his mates, Cersei reminded Margaery of the lyrics as a warning not to get too familiar, and it recently played during the credits of episode 7, after Jamie rescued Brienne.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Dat knifing....brutal
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Oh yes, she noticed! They've actually been playing the song pretty often, and always in relation to the Lannisters. Tyrion is often whistling it, Bronn was singing it with his mates, Cersei reminded Margaery of the lyrics as a warning not to get too familiar, and it recently played during the credits of episode 7, after Jamie rescued Brienne.
    For me the weaker thing about the musicians than in the books (though I can understand why they didn't do it) is that in the books the musicians are substandard because, well, y'know they ain't musicians are they. Got to say I was kind of surprised that Cat was the only one to react, I wouldn't imagine Lannister songs are generally favoured at northern weddings.

Everyone else was probably too drunk or not overly paying attention.

Also I'm pretty chuffed to see everyone in this thread make great use of white text as to not spoil it for other people.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 03-06-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I hadn't read the books, but I knew what was coming because I'd be spoiled, but it was almost worse I think.

I feel after this season I will just crack on with the books, they're different enough that it's still enjoyable to go through both, but I don't want to be spoiled more.
    Honestly, this is where the books start to get rather weak as Martin was originally planning a pretty big time skip, and it shows. I forget if the next one was still pretty good (I think parts of it were?), but it becomes a slog within a book or two.

That being said: The scene everyone is spoiler-texting was probably the best in the entire series, arguably one of the best in the entire "borderline-grimdark 'gritty' pseudo-realistic fantasy" genre.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Book spoilers (kinda)

I imagine the same people reacting with horror to the Red Wedding will have the exact opposite reaction when Joffrey's wedding occurs.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 05-06-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Fumarole that's a spoiler for people who haven't read the books and you might want to make it clear before someone else highlights it. Everyone else is only talking about the tv show unless they've said "this is about the books".

And please don't say "it's obvious that this event happens!" in relation to what you're talking about, because it's really not.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    WARNING BOOK SPOILER

I imagine the same people reacting with horror to the Red Wedding will have the exact opposite reaction when Joffrey's wedding occurs.
    That second event was something that was spoiled for me (not by you), but it's not a surprise since Joffrey is a character is so unstable he can't possibly last. It's not if but when, how and by whom. The particulars of it are still a mystery to me and those are (hopefully) the interesting surprises.

But as Jesus_Fish says, you might want to add another warning there as I did in the quote.
    Last edited by Screwie; 04-06-2013 at 09:01 AM.

I'm in the same boat as you Screwie, someone else already fully ruined it on me.

But again, I ask people who've read the books to make it clear if they're going to include book knowledge in their spoiler text for those of us who haven't read the books.

*Book spoiler - do not read if you only watch the show*
    To be honest it surprised me that Joffrey is going to get killed. By all accounts it's looking like at least for now he and his entire family are coming out on top. Considering what's been happening to other characters, I expected him to live for years to come and be as much as a bollox as possible.

Steam ID