Page 76 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2950
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The same goes for Tywin: every scene Charles Dance is in he dominates.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    My favourite adaptation for a character in Game of Thrones is Stannis, I found him to be basically unlikeable in the books, but I feel he's a lot more human in the show (while still being prickly and broadly unemotional), Stephen Dillane does a great job and you can more easily understand why someone like Davos is able to devote himself to the man.
    Completely agree.

I find Jorah a bit annoying though. Bit too smarmy, though the actor does a good job of conveying his overly proud nature.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    My favourite adaptation for a character in Game of Thrones is Stannis, I found him to be basically unlikeable in the books, but I feel he's a lot more human in the show (while still being prickly and broadly unemotional), Stephen Dillane does a great job and you can more easily understand why someone like Davos is able to devote himself to the man.
    Stannis is the man :)

Never liked cats
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Season 2 of justified is awesome.

So true,from episode 2 of season 2 till end season was really blast to watch. Downloading third one right now! Can't wait woot woot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Just finished watching the season premier of the final season of Burn Notice. Pretty good, and I wonder how long the new premise and the two stories no waiting approach will last.

Its kind of funny. Originally I only watched the show because of Bruce Campbell, but over the years the acting has actually gotten quite good (hell, even Bruce Campbell counts as a good actor at this point). Jeffrey Donovan (Michael Weston) in particular has come quite a way. Watching reruns the best he can do is a Ben Browder (look constipated, let the viewers pretend it is an emotion) but over the past two seasons he has actually shown quite a bit of range. I blame Clint Eastwood.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I miss Titus. That never should have been cancelled.

*Ken dangling five year old Christopher over a wall at the zoo*

"Dad, I don't wanna fight the monkeys!"

"You don't gotta fight 'em, just get my lighter!"

*accidentally drops young Christopher into the monkey enclosure, cue screaming of both child and monkeys*

"Ok, now you gotta fight 'em!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Titus was indeed a great show. Probably the greatest of the 90s burst of "Lets take a comedian and turn their bit into a sitcom".

Shame Christopher Titus's stand-up basically became unwatchable/unlistenable. I know the point is to be dark, but it just got depressing. Mainly because hist first few specials were "Yeah, I am fucked up, but so is everyone else. And at least I have the love of a good woman" to "Fuck that crazy bitch...". I hear his latest stuff is back to darkly humorous rather than darkly depressing though.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I've been watching an anime called Psycho-Pass. It's basically Minority Report meets Ghost in the Shell: SAC. I'm about halfway through and it's really good so far.

Last edited by Anthile; 08-06-2013 at 04:35 AM.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Damn thgats one ugly anime,i freaking hate those typical anime faces :|

Anyone watching Hannibal? Best new show on TV.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Anyone watching Hannibal? Best new show on TV.
    Hannibal is astoundingly good. Creepy, disgusting, engaging and gorgeous to look at throughout. I was terrified it was going to be cancelled, but thankfully it has finally been renewed for a second season after all.

Bates Motel turned out to be pretty damn good, too. I certainly didn't have much anticipation for either serial-killer-prequel property, but both have turned out great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I finished watching 30 Rock yesterday after blitzing through season 7, naturally helped by the fact it was a shorter-length. I have to say, despite saying it for season 6, the first episode of season 7 really brought back the energy that had been missing for years and unlike season 6, it kept it up right up to the final. I don't know what happened with this show, really. The first 3 seasons were excellent, the fourth was really good, but five and six just took a proper nose-dive in consistency and humour. They weren't unwatchable, but the spark had just ceased to be out of nowhere for some reason. Season 7 just felt like they were firing on all cylinders giving it all they had...and it showed because it had some of the best content in the whole damn show.

The last few episodes in particular highlighted just how god damn right they got it. Everything then came to a natural conclusion and was wrapped up well. The leaning on the fourth wall and at times out-right obliteration of it too was executed perfectly. I think what 30 Rock highlights for me is that knowing when to stop is necessary. I understand that there are slots to fill up, but it can be a real detriment to the quality of the show. I'd rather have had 4/5 seasons of the show, where 5 and 6 were cut out (and maybe 4) and it ended. It'd have been almost flawless then. It'd also mean that we wouldn't have to watch the two live show episodes which were just...not 30 Rock. Admirable attempts, but just not right

Elsewhere, Mad Men is just on a high-score streak. Not one episode this season I haven't enjoyed absolutely thoroughly. At least when this shortly comes to the end it'll shortly be replaced by Breaking Bad. It'll be hard in the mean time to sit patiently watching the audiovisual box waiting for something super high quality. Need to catch up with Orphan Black too. Probably going to start up a marathon of Buffy next. I've seen a lot of it (80%?) but never consistently and I was, obviously, quite a bit younger then, so I'm looking forward to watching it with adult sensibilities (HA!) and straight through. It'll also put my LoveFilm account (that I got for free) to the test.