Page 77 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2533
    Oh it was the spoiler I was talking about :) I don't know how to do hidden spoilers on this forum but what I read that thing was due to happen very soon. But then as has been mentioned they are dragging the series out a bit over all the characters.
    Last edited by Leopig; 11-06-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    Oh it was the spoiler I was talking about :) I don't know how to do hidden spoilers on this forum but what I read that thing was due to happen very soon. But then as has been mentioned they are dragging the series out a bit over all the characters.
    Highlight the text you want to hide and select text colour = white.

Last nights season finale was a bit weak. It seemed only to serve as a preview of next season and seemed to just ignore most of the events of this current season. None of the characters got very much screen time to do anything and as the episode went on it just got a bit duller. There were some good scenes in there though. The last scene was dreadful I thought though. It felt like it went on forever and during all of it I thought "this really better not be the closing scene"
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    BOOK SPOILERS

They seem to have changed Shae to make her actually in love with Tyrion (or is she super manipulative?). Regardless while it might have the same resolution, I think there's going to be some changes in her plotline.

I can see why they would do that it makes the eventual betrayel that much more heartbreaking but it does write them in a little bit of a corner in that yeah if she is in love with him why would she betray him

Yeah, so as alluded to above I was expecting to see another wedding this episode to give TV viewers the same relief that reader's got where they could say "well the Red Wedding was bad but at elast the follow up saw someone get what was coming to them.

I didn't expect this at all it would be way to much I can see that particular wedding being episode 4-5 and then we get my favourite bit of the book Tyrion's trial pretty much the rest of the season with the big fight probably being episode 9 maybe.

and I wouldn't be particularly disappointed if they ditch the whole Kingsmoot/Victarion/Euron plotline

I kind of liked that plotline it was probably the more interesting one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    BOOK SPOILERS

I kind of liked that plotline it was probably the more interesting one.
    Spoilers obv:

Hmm, I liked it but I'm just not convinced it will fit in well with the more condensed nature of the show (although it may of course be necessary given events at the end of the last book

Now that GoT has finished, I've run out of things to watch =( anyone watching anything good that's still going?

Quote Originally Posted by roryok View Post
    Now that GoT has finished, I've run out of things to watch =( anyone watching anything good that's still going?
    Defiance (yeah yeah, I like it :p), You could always get a lovefilm trial and watch the Vikings series. Borgias is starting next week.

Defiance (yeah yeah, I like it :p), You could always get a lovefilm trial and watch the Vikings series. Borgias is starting next week.
    Yeah, Vikings was good. Borgias is a really uneven series, but I watch it nonetheless. Haven't gotten around to the latest episode, but so far S3 doesn't deliver the same way S2 did IMO.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    What a disappointing series finale to Game of Thrones. After last weeks excellent episode this one just fizzled the series out.
    It was never going to top the previous episode, but certain things needed to be done to conclude everything that happened. The emotional climax between John and Ingrid for example, couldn't wait an entire year. And it seems fitting to end on Daenerys yet again because I'm convinced if there's a main character, it's her. She's been really great this season, the confidence flowing much more naturally. In the books we're given her constant inner thoughts, and it's so freakin' pathetic. I know she's a teenager, but god damn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I guess things will start falling apart for her. I guess I see what you mean by the main character but my favouritism for Jon and the others stops me feeling that way. When I actually consider her right, I'm not sure I even want her to win.

I'm a Davos man, and I thought he was awesome in the last episode. If Davos, Gendry, Arya, Jon, Sansa + Brienne and Jaimie could team up to save the world, that'd be great. The Hound is getting more likeable too.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    The emotional climax between John and Ingrid for example, couldn't wait an entire year.
    John and Ingrid, have I missed something?

I liked that the last episode didn't have anything really huge happening. Some nice reactions to previous events, a bit of character development and some foreshadowing for the next season, seemed fine to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'd have liked this episode to be the first episode of next season.

I felt jipped when Jamie finally gets back home and then nothing happens!
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I guess things will start falling apart for her. I guess I see what you mean by the main character but my favouritism for Jon and the others stops me feeling that way. When I actually consider her right, I'm not sure I even want her to win.

I'm a Davos man, and I thought he was awesome in the last episode. If Davos, Gendry, Arya, Jon, Sansa + Brienne and Jaimie could team up to save the world, that'd be great. The Hound is getting more likeable too.

The Hound is badass. Not quite as badass as Bronn (where is he these days anyway?).

Yeah, I agree Jesus_Phish.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yeah I do believe they even made the pairing of Arya and The Hound so much better in the adaptation then in the book(the book had him not say that much) I hope its the Brienne and Jaime of next Season.

I liked the episode it was basically plate setting for next year but it had some nice character moments, Davos was great in it and I like the adaptation choice they used for Gendry.

BOOK SPOILERS

I'm surprised we didn't get the King Ironborn's death this week it would have definitely bolstered Stannis killing Gendrey because if I remember rightly after the first Davos was like well we will see if the other two die and then once they did Stannis was basically burn him in the fire.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    John and Ingrid, have I missed something?
    Jon and Ygritte no doubt.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

The final scene was tedious and a bit superfluous, but they needed to squeeze Daenerys in somewhere. And I agree that the Jaime part was terribly underused. However, I really enjoyed the episode. It handled the fallout of the previous episode and set the stage well for the next season. They did the same thing in both previous seasons, so I don't know what people dislike so much about this one. I really like where the show's going.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Jon and Ygritte no doubt.
    Ah yes, thought I was going mad there for a moment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Ah yes, thought I was going mad there for a moment.
    My plan is working.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

lol that is such a disturbing gif. That guy should have played Frodo baggins instead of that emo kid.

Obscure Node
    Currently it is Pawn Stars.