Page 80 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3163
    Obscure Node
    Working my way through 30 Rock as my housemate hasn't seen it and I need to correct this.

You are doing God's work.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I've thought this run of Futurama has been pretty enjoyable for the most part, but the most recent episode was absolutely hilarious for reasons that I won't spoil. Just assuredly stupid. but brilliant. Talking about funny, all of the episodes of Whose Line since its return have been great fun, although I wish there were less celebrity guest spots. They seem to drain a lot of energy, albeit elements of some have been okay. Glad to hear it got renewed for an additional season of 24 episodes though!

Otherwise, the main thing is that I've started watching Twin Peaks and am four episodes in. I've decided to only watch one episode a day at max because I don't think my brain could handle much more than that. It's brand insanity, but I love it. Also, that funeral​. Oh my god. Excellent.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Oh man Twin Peaks, I have always wanted to see that! Thanks for reminding me it's streamable now.

Hmm I watched only the first episode of Twin Peaks and while I love weird and bizarre, something about it just put me off. I also have a problem with Lynch's movies - while I LOVE the first half of them, I hate the second when it all inevitably goes all random-shit-happening-omg-stream-of-light. The reason I love the bizarre is because it's like our reality, just really messed up, but the moment it goes all abstract it loses the connection to our world and, thus, I can't relate to it anymore. The effect is lost :|

So is the same case with Twin Peaks, or should I keep going or is it pretty much more of that?
    Last edited by Koobazaur; 03-08-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I always wanted to like Twin Peaks because it gets allot of good rep but men i couldn't get into it. I love X-Files and shows like that but Twin Peaks didn't clicked with me :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I think I watched the first season of Twin Peaks and I kind of enjoyed it but to be honest I thought it would be weirder it kind of is small town soap with trippynes put in and a murder mystery plot. I might have to watch it again and get to the ending which I've heard is off the wall.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I'll admit i only watched first three episodes,but now i see there are 30 episodes at all so maybe i should rewatch this. But first i would love to finish MASTERS OF HORROR'S .

I've almost finished the first season, albeit it's rather short (I'm trialling a system where I watch no more than one episode a day of something, maybe two if it's short and in this case because it's bat-shit insane) and I'd say that it's still really quite bizarre with little abstract. There is some, don't get me wrong - the end of the third (or is it fourth?) is just "...WHAT. WHAT?! WHAAAAAAAAT?" but outside of that there hasn't really been too much. Even that fit in too, just. I definitely agree with your thinking, Koobazaur, bizarre scratches an itch for me a lot more than abstract does. Carry on though, I've found it plenty enjoyable.

(Oh, and while we're at it, best characters are Agent Cooper > Audrey Horne > Any assorted mix here.)

What clicked with me in the last couple of episodes has been the use of Invitation To Love, the show-within-a-show. I'll spoiler it, but if you've seen, I guess take a look at my thoughts? [Discussion spoilers]So I absolutely love that with Invitation, they're making a parody of the fact that they too are parodying those sort of stories with Twin Peaks. Or at least, that's how I read it. It became quickly obvious to me that it was a bit absurd that so many people in Twin Peaks were cheating on people (sometimes twice over!), then the Norma's husband getting out of jail and being involved with Jocie and then the Leo family love triangle thing, and whilst the central theme of solving a murder is more serious, the rest of it is just stupid...but then you have Invitation to Love highlighting that very fact. Perhaps it hammers over the head too much, maybe I'm just reading into one interpretation of many, but I love that it's there as a simple reminder of "Look, what you're really watching is so, so much more simple than we're presenting it."[/s]
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    So, Peter Capaldi as Dr Who.
    steam: sketch

I'm fucking excited.*

*That's just regular excitement, but with some personality thrown in that seems fitting.