Page 87 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2925
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    The show is pretty much free from the shackles of the comic anyway, seeing as how different it is. That said, at least the spin off should stop annoying comic-fans.
    It's not though because it shares the same characters and for a while the same story. Your Shane and your Andrea might be different in the show than in the comic, but they're still the same characters and fans of the comics always, always draw a comparison. I've been told countless times how comic Andrea was a great character. Look at how everyone was expecting the Guv'ner (best spelling) to show up and act way before he was announced as being in the show.

As long as the main TWD goes on people will keep drawing a comparison to the comic series events, characters and arcs.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Not TV Shows I Am Watching, but shows someone else is watching: http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...s-telly-addict

TV critic and writer Andrew Collins does a weekly video covering interesting stuff on British TV. His views broadly tally with mine and he likes the things I already seen and I've also greatly enjoyed some stuff he's recommended that I wouldn't have tuned in to otherwise. The whole thing is done with a pleasingly dry sense of humour and is worth 10 mins a week.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Latest SoA - not a whole lot going on this week. The only thing I can think is that for any sense of realism, if the Sons want to cover their connection to the school shooting in the first episode just put a copy of COD in the shooters bedrooms. Case closed.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It's not though because it shares the same characters and for a while the same story. Your Shane and your Andrea might be different in the show than in the comic, but they're still the same characters and fans of the comics always, always draw a comparison. I've been told countless times how comic Andrea was a great character. Look at how everyone was expecting the Guv'ner (best spelling) to show up and act way before he was announced as being in the show.

As long as the main TWD goes on people will keep drawing a comparison to the comic series events, characters and arcs.
    I know, it's just that the show writers don't seem to care, considering who is and isn't alive.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I loved Sleepy Hollow.
    It has witches, masons, Clancy Brown, demons, time travel, Sulu, the Revolutionary War, Orlando Jones, magic priests, a hot redhead, a decent scare or two and a Headless Horseman who wields shotguns and machineguns. As far as I can tell the Horseman's stunts and weapon power-ups are stolen directly from Tim Burton's movie.

I like how Ichabod Crane doesn't act like a fish out of water all the time - he just rolls with it, is able to figure out things by himself and even blend in well enough.

This has a lot of potential. It reminds me of The Secret World MMO. The ratings are insane and the word of mouth is good. Please don't fuck it up!
    Great, apart from building on that well worm mumbo jumbo known as the book of revelations....
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

yeah, I cringed a bit at the two witnesses stuff.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I gave up on TV "Walking Dead" midway through season 2. Then I heard it got good so I watched all the episodes I missed and stuck with it until the middle of season 3. It was nice that stuff finally happened in season 3, but I also realized that the quality of writing is just so shit and the characters so one dimensional that the show will probably never get good unless they kill everyone off completely and hire new writers.

So now I am happily done with the TV show.

In other news, though, if anyone still hasn't seen Breaking Bad you really need to watch it. This final season has been awesome-possibly the best season of the entire show.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 23-09-2013 at 07:34 AM.

no thanks. breaking bad has been suggested to me by the wrong people so Im not giving it a chance.

However, Ray Donovan is fantastic. dont miss it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Amused to see that Dexter's finale was rated F by AV Club. I haven't watched it since early in the current season because it was terrible (it's been terrible longer than that, but I have a high-tolerance for bad TV) but I might have to check out the last episode so I can laugh at it.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Trinity was the last good Dexter season seems to be the consensus.

Dexter has been scraping the barrel for a good long while. I'm only continuing to watch the last season out of morbid curiosity about how they'll wrap it up. It's also quite entertaining to just mercilessly mock it with Mrs Jams while we watch.

the last good season of dexter was the second.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    Amused to see that Dexter's finale was rated F by AV Club. I haven't watched it since early in the current season because it was terrible (it's been terrible longer than that, but I have a high-tolerance for bad TV) but I might have to check out the last episode so I can laugh at it.
    I think I got as far as the John Lithgow season before bailing. The premise was interesting enough, but I found the whitewashing of Dexter was starting to wear. He's like the Agatha Christie murder mystery of serial Killers. It's murder, but it's all kind of sanitized and noble. Conversely Hannibal is murder as high art, where in serial killers are deep thoughtful individuals whose ignoble acts have some deeper meaning. Both are palatable fictions vs the squalid mundane nature of genuine serial killers. I think they lose themselves.

I bailed on SoA in a similar regard because of the whitewashing. It was hard enough reach to accept that the sons were some kind of anti-drug, multi-ethnic A team (because seemingly no one can hit a barn door in a gun fight) where as every other biker gang are the bad guys.

no thanks. breaking bad has been suggested to me by the wrong people so Im not giving it a chance.
    BB is really worthwhile Quanta. I don't think it's without its faults. But it is extremely well made. I think the big problem is that some people fail to get that it's a very very black comedy at heart, vs a straight drama.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Breaking Bad (spoilers and that)

While this was mostly putting pieces in place for the finale and was never going to be as intense as the previous episode (which could easily have been the finale) it still had some amazing moments.

Jesse continues to be shat on. I'd guessed that his escape attempt was going to prove futile but didn't see the repercussions coming.

Flynn channelling the righteous fury of Hank there - and good on him.

Good to see it was Gretchen and Elliot who were the tipping point for Walt deciding to go out as Heisenberg, considering it was Walt's experiences with Grey Matter that formed some of the flaws that set him on his path.

Looking forward (if that's the right phrase!) to seeing how the final episode goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    the last good season of dexter was the second.
    No, that was the first bad one! God, I hated Lila.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Eat Street, a US food program currently being broadcasted in a local English channel. Yes we have an English TV channel, since more and more westerners are now living in Shanghai and we cannot let foreign medias take the business opportunity away.

It shows all sorts of street foods in major US cities. Many innovative street food vendors invented their own styles of street food, which is not only great as snack and afternoon tea but even as main meal. I don't know which US TV production made this show but this is truly a great show. I hope I can someday travel to the US to try out those good food. Over here the municipal authority maintains strict control over street vendors so those businesses are almost impossibility. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    No, that was the first bad one! God, I hated Lila.
    Oh definitely, but it was a well written season. I bet you didnt hate her because she wasnt convincing.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Okay, the latest Breaking Bad wasn't quite as intense as the one before (then again, what is?) but that ending was brilliant. I mean, damn.

One thing I really wonder about is how that whole Todd/Lydia thing is going to be resolved.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    While obviously this last episode of Breaking Bad wasn't as intense, it obviously wasn't going for that and I still found it just as, if not more, enjoyable than the previous episodes in this stretch. The call-backs or general continuity, cinematography, the desperation and uncertainty and obviously the theme-tune power-up at the end was pretty masterful.