Page 88 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 3030
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The ending of this weeks Breaking Bad gave me more goosebumps than any previous episode. I want it to be next Monday already.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    and obviously the theme-tune power-up at the end was pretty masterful.
    I detest what Walt has become but I still can't help but root for him, particularly when that kicked in - was a stirring time to kick arse moment.

Actually speaking of Walt's contemptible nature I find him least likeable from season two where he lets Jane die/puts money before family up to halfway through season 3 with his horrible treatment of Skyler during their separation. In the latter half of season 3 and throughout season 4 despite his actions being even more reprehensible in terms of bodycount it's very much self preservation in the face of the threat of Gus and despite the further effect on his family it's easier to root for him as they try and outmanoeuvre each other (hence the Lily of the Valley reveal being so powerful, just when you are back on his side he poisons a kid and completely manipulates Jesse (who is also much more sympathetic at this stage). From then on he's pretty much all bastard but up until Mike's murder and the prison killings he's such an impressive bastard that I actually liked him more than when he arrogantly presupposed he could walk straight back into his normal life in series 3. I definitely found that the "Walt is a bastard" at home stuff made me find him more reprehensible than his dealings in the meth world.

Latter half of season 5 Walt, well, I can't really see how anyone can like him but, much like with Gus, by using Todd/Lydia/Nazis as a foil you just can't help but be on his side, at least temporarily until he gets his just desserts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    until he gets his just desserts.
    Like Jesse! See, it's a spelling joke and...well, y'see...nevermind.

He's incredibly enjoyable to watch in the same way that Don Draper is in Mad Men. Actually, in typing out how bad Walter is and comparing him to Don, I just realised that I actually have more sympathy for Don because at least they've shown how war and [spoilers for Mad Men, s6]being sexually abused as a child[/spoiler] can kinda screw up a person. Walter was always egotistical and manipulative simply because he thought the world owed him based off of...nothing?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

This would (more or less, there's some holes I can't be arsed ironing out) be my rough script for the final Breaking Bad episode. Don't think it will go down like this but I reckon it would be a good way to go out.

Spoilers for previous episodes, finale spoilers only if my crystal ball is in overdrive!

1) Walt contacts Lydia, informs her the Nazis have his cash. Appeals to her wanting to provide and her caution, getting that money could be a way out of the meth business for her if only she gives up the Nazis.

2) Walt takes out the Nazis using his massive gun and SCIENCE.

3) Walt/Jesse final confrontation. Walt sees Jesse in the bit and Jesse begs him to kill him as he has nothing left. Begs Walt to give some money to Brock. Walt says that "nothing of mine is going to help you" and kills him because Walt is a horrible, spiteful bastard and Jesse was a rat and cooked his formula.

4) Walt goes to the only person who might still help him, Skyler. He has hidden the money and tells Skyler to get it she must poison Lydia with the ricin during a meeting with Walt then arrive three days later to get the money. Skyler is too terrified to refuse.

5) Terrified because of Todd's threats but also frightened of Walt Skyler goes to the one person who can help her, Marie and asks her to take to her place.

6) Marie goes to the meet but poisons Walt instead of Lydia, getting revenge for Hank's death.

7) Final scenes, Lydia going to get the money (she wins in that regard), Marie at her therapist, Brock happy with a foster home, Saul working wherever he is, Skyler driving Flynn to school final cut to the White's old residence, camera pans through the house to the master bedroom Walt lying dead, his iconic hat somewhere in the background. Fade to black, Breaking Bad theme, the end.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    This would (more or less, there's some holes I can't be arsed ironing out) be my rough script for the final Breaking Bad episode. Don't think it will go down like this but I reckon it would be a good way to go out.

Spoilers for previous episodes, finale spoilers only if my crystal ball is in overdrive!
    So many plot holes in there I think the BB community would hunt you and Vince down and string you both up.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    So many plot holes in there I think the BB community would hunt you and Vince down and string you both up.
    To be fair Vince has had a bit longer to plan things so I'm sure he'll do a better job!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    You think Walt would give up his money?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    Amused to see that Dexter's finale was rated F by AV Club. I haven't watched it since early in the current season because it was terrible (it's been terrible longer than that, but I have a high-tolerance for bad TV) but I might have to check out the last episode so I can laugh at it.
    It was painfully bad. And it's a shame - the season was poor (and the two main guest stars just had no presence whatsoever) but it could have gone somewhere really interesting. For a few episodes I thought with Dexter starting to control himself and not feeling the urge to kill, and the focus on how he was raised, they were going to take it in the direction of Dexter realising that he was never a psychopath, he had feelings all along, but Harry just totally misjudged and turned him into a serial killer. And he has to face up to the fact he doesn't have a legit excuse for everything he's done. But then they undo all that character development at the end anyway.

Network Hub
    Dexter never wanted to be a barber... err serial killer anyway, can you imagine what it's like cutting the same head... err body for five years?

It's true that dexter pretty much went downhill after the second season, but i still mostly enjoyed it up untill season 7 - but as bad as season 8 was, i simply was NOT expecting the ending to be what boils down to a thinly veiled monty python tribute... The only redeeming factor is that i now have that glorious song stuck in my head once again.

Just watched the pilot episode of Blacklist. So far, James Spader is interesting, the guy from Dollhouse is typecast as a security guy again, and the lead woman looks too young but is a competent actress.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    So, that was the series finale of Dexter. Huh.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Obscure Node
    Game of Thrones, Suits

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Watched Agents of SHIELD last night.

The show definitely has potential. The tone was nice: Lots of references to the Marvel U but no real assumptions that the viewer has seen the movies.

That being said: The only people who really acted in the episode were Clark Gregg (Coulson) and Gunn from Angel (the metahuman of the week). And maybe Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), but she had so few scenes that it is hard to judge. Of them, only one of them is a regular (but I wouldn't be surprised if Cobie appears a lot this season and transitions to regular once How I Met Your Mother is officially over), and Coulson probably won't be the main focus of the show (the show will probably want to emphasize the cast of original characters). So the writers (I think The Whedons and a few actual Marvel Comics writers) have their work cut out for them to make plots and what not that are able to overcome the cast.
    To be fair, Ming Na is generally a good actress in sci-fi like this, but it really felt like she was phoning it in. But I am sure we'll get her Day in the Spotlight, so I will tentatively say that she might pull through.

Also: I think it hit a good balance of comic book references. There were enough that I feel warm and fuzzy for loving the comics but not enough that it would alienate people, which I think is the problem the Captain America movie had (I loved it and so did my comic reading friends, but apparently a lot of people found it hokey and awkward). So good on them for that.

Also, regarding Coulson: I like that they are going the LMD route since that at least keeps Fury and Hill from being complete lying sacks of shit (which is strange considering the source material, but I guess they don't have time to establish them as Awesome Badass Normal Lying Sacks of Shit :p), and I imagine this will lead directly in to Avengers 2 as a way to get Paul Bettany as Jarvis into James Spader's Ultron body so that him and Shatner can go be peacocks). Just hilarious that Coulson is supposed to be under the radar, they establish that people have cell phone cameras, and then Coulson talks to Peterson in front of a huge crowd of people.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Watched Agents of SHIELD last night.
    J. August Richards and Ron Glass both appearing made me think that, as much as I enjoyed the show, in the event that ratings start to slip they can parachute in other guest stars from former Whedon shows. Calling it right now: season 2 premiere with guest star James Marsters.

Is it just me or did the back of the plane, with the loading ramp, make you think of a certain ship in terms of the visual?

Also, #WhatIsCoulson

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    J. August Richards and Ron Glass both appearing made me think that, as much as I enjoyed the show, in the event that ratings start to slip they can parachute in other guest stars from former Whedon shows. Calling it right now: season 2 premiere with guest star James Marsters.

Is it just me or did the back of the plane, with the loading ramp, make you think of a certain ship in terms of the visual?

Also, #WhatIsCoulson
    Well, it is already a given that they will have cameos and appearances. This IS a Whedon and Friends production. It is just a matter of finding the "less successful" friends since any "real" character will be under a LOT of Disney/Marvel scrutiny (no backdooring Nathan Fillion as Scott O'Grady) and getting cast as a throwaway might hurt the "continuity" that Marvel/Disney is going for with the movie-verse ("Oh, we can't use Adam Baldwin as Ares. He was already Coulson's old college roommate 'Jim'").

In fact, I was surprised to only see Ron Glass and Gunn in this one, although I guess both are in position to be recurring characters (the former definitely).

... Also, Adam Baldwin as Dark Reign-era Ares would be AWESOME. I can just imagine him screaming things like "We will not retreat! That is Athena's word".
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I was going to put forth the question of when Alexis Denishof and Amy Acker would be introduced in some kind of slightly unlikely romantic pairing. But apparently Denishof played 'shady alien dude' in the Avengers (albeit entirely unrecognizable), so maybe that precludes him from appearing here.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    In a twist, Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker reprise their roles from Much Ado About Nothing, injecting the show with unnecessary comedy and passion, but who cares because it's done well and they're so very pretty!