Page 90 of 162 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3234
  1. #1781
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,510
    To be fair, Breaking Bad has provided quite a few 'most satisfying lines', but if it were a contest...

    "Let's make sure history never forgets...the name...Enterprise."

    Actually, given the ending to Breaking Bad and the emphasis on legacy, that seems like quite an appropriate competitor.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  2. #1782
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,320
    Indeed, that line he utters in the finale that was previously mentioned in a spoiler.

    Great ending, just great.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  3. #1783
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    What kind of a show is Homeland? Is it like 24, an American nationalist's view of what national security is all about or does it have a more nuanced and neutral stance on global affairs?
    I haven't seen 24, but I'd say Homeland isn't nationalist much. While the show revolves around the CIA it only tangentially relates to events outside of the US. The first season is pretty much a murder mystery where the murder hasn't happened, and the audience isn't exactly sure if it even will. The second season deals more with the interpersonal relationships of the characters and was slightly weaker in my opinion. Last night was the third season opener, but it looks to be like more of the second but with more assholery all around.

    I'd say the show is mostly neutral, as there are plenty of scenes that detail the motives of the terrorist group involved while yet others portray several Americans as the fuckheads they are.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

  4. #1784
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,459
    http://maxistentialist.tumblr.com/po...g-things-about

    good read on BB, and that was a great ending.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  5. #1785
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,326
    Have to say really good ending to Breaking Bad probably the most satisfying conclusion to a series I think there has been and that's probably the hardest thing to actually do. The only thing I have to say it was a might bit predictable nothing was truly surprising I kind of knew everything that was going to happen, but there is something about being satisfied about that. Another thing, this is a show I truly wanted an epilogue about, I really wanted to know what happened to Jess I really really cared about him by the end of it in fact season 4 kind of turned my viewpoint to Jesse a lot. [spoilers]So glad to see his smiling face near the end, and the beginning with the box was a nice call back to his AA speech[/spoilers]

    A few thoughts on the episode.

    Kind of funny and creepy the amounts of time Walter just walked into people's conversations and scared the fuck out of them and walked out, especially Gretchen as soon as he closed the doors i was expecting a bloodbath from him...truly creepy and terrifying.

    Kind of a bit disappointed that the Ricin was used on Lydia of all people, I mean it was a Chekhov gun ever since season 2 wasn't it? Was hoping he'd use it on someone a bit more important/surprising at some point. But it was still ok.

    Didn't get much closure to Skyler or Marie's characters, I know why you can't really close everything but something might have been nice!


    Anyway I'm going to miss this tense, humorous, emotional and kick ass show.

  6. #1786
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Have to say really good ending to Breaking Bad probably the most satisfying conclusion to a series I think there has been and that's probably the hardest thing to actually do. The only thing I have to say it was a might bit predictable nothing was truly surprising I kind of knew everything that was going to happen, but there is something about being satisfied about that. Another thing, this is a show I truly wanted an epilogue about, I really wanted to know what happened to Jess I really really cared about him by the end of it in fact season 4 kind of turned my viewpoint to Jesse a lot. [spoilers]So glad to see his smiling face near the end, and the beginning with the box was a nice call back to his AA speech[/spoilers]

    A few thoughts on the episode.

    Kind of funny and creepy the amounts of time Walter just walked into people's conversations and scared the fuck out of them and walked out, especially Gretchen as soon as he closed the doors i was expecting a bloodbath from him...truly creepy and terrifying.

    Kind of a bit disappointed that the Ricin was used on Lydia of all people, I mean it was a Chekhov gun ever since season 2 wasn't it? Was hoping he'd use it on someone a bit more important/surprising at some point. But it was still ok.

    Didn't get much closure to Skyler or Marie's characters, I know why you can't really close everything but something might have been nice!


    Anyway I'm going to miss this tense, humorous, emotional and kick ass show.
    It makes sense he used it on her. Because of her, blue is still being shipped around the country and to Europe, Jessie is still cooking and people are still making money off him (Walt) even when he's not. A lot of people seem to like to see her as some kind of "innocent" in all of this but she's really not. Walt needed to destroy every link there was to blue. I guess he didn't kill Jessie because it's obvious he's done enough damage to the kid.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  7. #1787
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It makes sense he used it on her. Because of her, blue is still being shipped around the country and to Europe, Jessie is still cooking and people are still making money off him (Walt) even when he's not. A lot of people seem to like to see her as some kind of "innocent" in all of this but she's really not. Walt needed to destroy every link there was to blue. I guess he didn't kill Jessie because it's obvious he's done enough damage to the kid.
    Yeah:- It has to be born in mind that as far as Walt was concerned prior to seeing Jessie in chains he assumed he was also in on it and so Walt was basically intending to murder all of them, not just Jacks crew. It wasn't a rescue mission, it was a cleansing. That's why Lydia had to go, and Walt had to capitalise on opportunity. Also let's not forget that she narrowly escaped the Ricin treatment once before. No half measures. Still saying that...Lydia chilling on a beach with Jessie would of been a great final frame. :)
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  8. #1788
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,300
    All this talk about Breaking Bad made me go Netflix the first two episodes and oh dear the main character looks an awful lot like my ex-girlfriend's dad, both in looks and some of his mannerisms - it's sort of hilariously disturbing. Seems like a good show though!

  9. #1789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    All this talk about Breaking Bad made me go Netflix the first two episodes and oh dear the main character looks an awful lot like my ex-girlfriend's dad, both in looks and some of his mannerisms - it's sort of hilariously disturbing. Seems like a good show though!
    You are in for such a treat/nightmare.

  10. #1790
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    http://maxistentialist.tumblr.com/po...g-things-about

    good read on BB, and that was a great ending.
    So did anyone get any references that the post there missed? I noticed that:

    Walt's pleas to Lydia/Todd to "just have a couple of minutes of your time" mirrored his pleas to Gus in earlier seasons.

    Also what do people think

    happens to Jesse now? I envisage him heading to Alaska (the police after all are going to find the tape telling the whole story), and becoming a carpenter, forever trying to build that perfect box and hopefully finding some peace while he does so.

  11. #1791
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    769
    Haven't watched Breaking Bad at all, but I am going to, eventually. You can be jealous now.

  12. #1792
    Vector Jams O'Donnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Burgh of Mussels
    Posts
    831
    re: Breaking Bad, I really was hoping that it would be bleaker.

  13. #1793
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    happens to Jesse now? I envisage him heading to Alaska (the police after all are going to find the tape telling the whole story), and becoming a carpenter, forever trying to build that perfect box and hopefully finding some peace while he does so.
    I suspect even Jacks not stupid enough to keep that evidence around Vs destroying it in truth. Ultimately Jessie fate is left up in the air, but at the same time his is a resourceful guy and a survivor

    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    re: Breaking Bad, I really was hoping that it would be bleaker.
    Can you elaborate Jams (in spoilers) maybe? I thought overall they left it open ended enough.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me


    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

  14. #1794
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,638
    Regarding BB:

    I think the Nazis will have destroyed the tape. Why would they have kept it? And Jams, I've seen quite a lot of people say that the ending was happy, but considering what's happened before, it's very bleak! Skyler is left widowed and tainted by Walts memory, Walt Jr has no father, Marie is a widow having lost Hank almost entirely because of Walts actions. And Gretchen and Elliot who seem like reasonably decent people are left living in fear of death. Don't forget Brock growing up without Andrea.
    Quite a lot of bleak things in my opinion.
    steam: sketch

  15. #1795
    Network Hub Dubbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    443
    Not really a BB spoiler but I'll mask it anyway in case.

    Anyone wondering about the significance of Walt leaving this watch on top the payphone? It gave me pause but I assumed it would become apparent later in the episode. In fact it was just a continuity thing because he wasn't wearing his watch in the later scenes. Oh, television!
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

  16. #1796
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    [/COLOR]Quite a lot of bleak things in my opinion.
    Spoilers

    I'm guessing he means bleaker for Walt (OK sure he died, but it happened on more or less his terms) which I kind of agree with to an extent. My initial feelings were similar. I think the ending was great though, it was satisfying and I despite a nagging feeling it could have been better I'm not sure I can think of a way to make it so - though it probably says a bit about my mindset that if they ditched the flashforwards with the gun/ricin I'd probably have been happy with Ozymandias as an ending.

  17. #1797
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    Not really a BB spoiler but I'll mask it anyway in case.

    Anyone wondering about the significance of Walt leaving this watch on top the payphone? It gave me pause but I assumed it would become apparent later in the episode. In fact it was just a continuity thing because he wasn't wearing his watch in the later scenes. Oh, television!
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...-finale-felina

  18. #1798
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Spoilers
    More spoilers:

    I think that's the way it has to end for Walt really. He was happy when he died, which is OK for him, definitely, but I think it shows truly and utterly what he is. He's lost everyone he's loved, but he's happy because he will be remembered as a legend. His family is broken, but his ego is in tact. In his earlier speech to Skyler he only reinforced that. I think the only thing I might consider disappointing is that it wasn't totally shocking. I think it was reasonably easy to piece together what was going to happen (though the Gretchen/Elliot stuff caught me off guard).
    steam: sketch

  19. #1799
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,510
    Well a lot of the time Breaking Bad hasn't been so much surprising in the path forward, more what happens on that path. It's also good story-telling that perhaps the ending wasn't totally surprising given a lot of people were able to piece together what had happened previously to work out what would make the most sense. Despite that, it still delivered on being interesting and suspenseful.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  20. #1800
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    10
    I don't watch TV until 10 years:D ... Yes I have it at home... but why? I still work to answer this question:D Internet - source of movies.. I would say without advertising but.... Try "The Vikings" I eat whole sezon in one day:D

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •