Page 94 of 169 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3368
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Breaking Bad is kinda slow at points, but it's really as a counterpoint for how insane some of the later scenes are, just to see how far it's come. I look back now and really appreciate the slower moments, I like how things that would be glossed over in other shows are main plot points at first.
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Re-acquainting myself with Deep Space Nine.

After that Stargate SG-1.

God I miss the 90s with its bountiful supply of excellent sci-fi.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Some would say DS9 betrays the vision of the future Gene Roddenberry envisioned for humanity, but the war provided a backdrop for some great stories about the ends justifying the means, and popular characters like an exiled operative and failed bartender rode the line more than most. Even minor characters had an intriguing past, which was a source of constant conflict, strength, or both. As much as I love The Next Generation, a fair chunk of the characters are sleeping pills with legs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Arrow is back and rock-solid.
    I haven't started season 2 yet, but Arrow was one of my biggest surprises last year. I started watching it thinking it would be a guilty pleasure dumb superhero show, but it turned out to be really, really enjoyable.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Some would say DS9 betrays the vision of the future Gene Roddenberry envisioned for humanity, but the war provided a backdrop for some great stories about the ends justifying the means, and popular characters like an exiled operative and failed bartender rode the line more than most. Even minor characters had an intriguing past, which was a source of constant conflict, strength, or both. As much as I love The Next Generation, a fair chunk of the characters are sleeping pills with legs.
    In TNG and even Voyager, the best episodes challenged Rodenberry's vision. "Measure of a Man" is up there with the greatest TV episodes ever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Finally grabbed Netflix a week or two ago (I got a free trial for Arrested Development and noticed that almost everything I would want to watch is either not available or free with Amazon Prime), mostly for Supernatural (which is not free with Amazon Prime :p).

Caught a few episodes in syndication and loved them all, so decided to finally watch the show.

So far, it is really quite good. The writing isn't always super strong, but I give them credit for making a "magic" system and following it, even if that means basically every threat is resolved by "Salt and burn the bones". Mostly I watch it because Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki really have their characters down great and interact well together, and because the show is not afraid of laughing at itself or the absurdity of the situations.

I forget who told me this, but I fully agree: Supernatural is like Buffy minus the feminism but with two, later three, ridiculously attractive male leads. And a lot more shotguns.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Supernatural is like Buffy minus the feminism but with two, later three, ridiculously attractive male leads.
    Correction: One is ridiculous, one is attractive. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Finally grabbed Netflix a week or two ago (I got a free trial for Arrested Development and noticed that almost everything I would want to watch is either not available or free with Amazon Prime), mostly for Supernatural (which is not free with Amazon Prime :p).

Caught a few episodes in syndication and loved them all, so decided to finally watch the show.

So far, it is really quite good. The writing isn't always super strong, but I give them credit for making a "magic" system and following it, even if that means basically every threat is resolved by "Salt and burn the bones". Mostly I watch it because Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki really have their characters down great and interact well together, and because the show is not afraid of laughing at itself or the absurdity of the situations.

I forget who told me this, but I fully agree: Supernatural is like Buffy minus the feminism but with two, later three, ridiculously attractive male leads. And a lot more shotguns.
    Warning: Supernatural goes to the dogs after season 5. Up to that point it's very entertaining. Then it goes very bland and gets lost.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    American Horror Story. First season. I enjoy the randomness and guest stars, hate young Farmiga.
    The maid is just...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Warning: Supernatural goes to the dogs after season 5. Up to that point it's very entertaining. Then it goes very bland and gets lost.
    Glad I never bothered with post season 5 then. To me season 5 felt like an ending and I was happy to stop there. Indeed I could even have stopped after season 2 which nicely tied up the initial story arc but after some floundering stuff really picks up towards the end of series 3 onwards.

---

Revisisted The League of Gentlemen. It's still brilliantly dark.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Glad I never bothered with post season 5 then. To me season 5 felt like an ending and I was happy to stop there. Indeed I could even have stopped after season 2 which nicely tied up the initial story arc but after some floundering stuff really picks up towards the end of series 3 onwards.

---

Revisisted The League of Gentlemen. It's still brilliantly dark.
    Yeah season 5 is a very nice finish to the arc they where building up to. Then they try to make a bigger "big bad" for the next season and it just doesn't work. They pretty much ruin some of the characters in attempting it and it all essentially amounts for very little as they abandon the ideas almost between each season.

The new season of American Horror Story got off to a decent start. Not sure how it'll pan out being Hogwarts for teenage girls though.

And it's finally happened. The Walking Dead has managed to disinterest me so much after the last two seasons that I wasn't bothered to watch the opener for the new season.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Archer season 5 promo might be the best thing ever recorded:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    That was something god damn special. Amazing. Makes me glad my season 3 DVD set just came in the post today. I'm sure I'll consume it all in one great session.