Page 95 of 147 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2925
    Just discovered that the BBC have put all three seasons of Operation Good Guys on YouTube. I haven't seen the first series since 1997. Immensely happy now.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    We really should have a seperate thread for shows/movies uploaded on to youtube.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    We really should have a seperate thread for shows/movies uploaded on to youtube.
    It would break down because "This video is not available in your country."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Indeed but still worth it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    It would break down because "This video is not available in your country."
    Shouldn't be an issue with all the proxy and VPN options available nowadays.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    If you're going to go through all that, you might as well just torrent it. Not that I watch TV any other way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    If you're going to go through all that, you might as well just torrent it. Not that I watch TV any other way.
    Install media.hint. It does all that stuff for you through chrome and firefox without you having to do anything.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Having a Shooting Stars day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Just watched first episode of new season of WALKING DEAD and it was quite bad,again!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Having a Shooting Stars day.

:-)

10 char

Does anyone remember The Last Train? Post-apocalyptic drama, a group of train passengers end up cryogenically suspended and emerge from the tunnel they de-railed in to find the world an almost deserted, ruined dystopia caused by a meteor strike?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Having finished Deep Space 9 has left me panging for more good sci-fi. So i've decided to do a massive marathon of not only re-runs but shows I haven't checked out before. On the plate:

Stargate - SG-1 (currently watching), Atlantis, Universe, Movies
    Star Trek - TNG (currently watching), Voyager, Movies, undecided on TOS and Enterprise however
    Farscape - I cannot fucking wait to go through Farscape again. There's more content in one episode than in seasons of most other shows. Its glorious.
    Firefly
    BSG
    Lexx - not seen before
    Space: Above and Beyond - not seen before
    Babylon 5 - only seen bits and pieces so looking forward to this.

Current impressions (warning, mass spoilers):

DS9 - grand and satisfying. Strongest of the Trek shows comfortably and although its first two seasons aren't great (Some episodes aside), they are better than the first two seasons of TNG and Voyager (Both of which were terrible early on, especially TNG *blugh*). Season 6 was a bit of a damp squib story arc wise (Dominion and the Prophets/Pah`Wraiths went on a holiday apparently) but the focus on Odo+Kira and some very dark subject matters and politics - "In the pale moonlight" episode is outstanding - helped. But season 7 made up for it even with some shady squeezing in of various story arcs. 7 years of a strong spirituality storyline with Sisko however was reduced to a 2 minute showdown with Dukat and deus ex machinad to a corporeal form? wtf?. I blubbed like an old woman when Odo becomes that gas/light/thing for Kira however, that was an emotional payoff worth waiting for. :`)

TNG - holy shit the first season is just awful. Good thing I know season 2 improves immensely and once "Measure of a Man" comes around, i'll be hooked all over again. The glory that is seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 are just around the corner.

SG-1 - like TNG, the first season is just ugh and the second isn't that much better but by the third season starts 7 seasons of what is probably my favourite sci-fi show. SG-1 also has the greatest time loop/travel episode ever written. "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING!?!?"
    Last edited by khaz; 29-10-2013 at 04:52 AM.

Lexx - not seen before
    Space: Above and Beyond - not seen before
    Babylon 5 - only seen bits and pieces so looking forward to this
    Lexx is something you're going to have to persevere with. The first season is like four mini-films. The initial scene of the pilot film is quite strong, with His Shadow and the Brunnen'G planet. After that, you'll have to put up with a lot of dross before you get to some mentalness in the second one involving Tim Curry. I don't remember much about the third one other than it having Rutger Hauer, and if memory serves the fourth one has Malcolm McDowell. Season 2 then goes proper episode size, and has a very strong finale. Season 3 is a complete change in plotting, being set almost exclusively on two planets and has an epic villain. Season 4 has an appearance by Craig Charles and Hattie Hayridge, though not as Lister and Holly unfortunately.
    This is one show that is bound to get a darker, grittier remake a few years down the line.

Space: Above and Beyond is one I have never managed to get more than two episodes into before turning it off out of utter boredom.

As for Babylon 5, if you start with the original pilot, be aware that the rest of the show is vastly different. The sets and makeup are all hugely different. It's worth watching because a lot of the events that take place in it get many referrals in later episodes, plus a character from it will make a return some way down the line. By the time you get all the way through to The Lost Tales, the initial scene with the G'Kar voiceover will move you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    has left me panging for more good sci-fi // Star Trek Voyager
    Were they in the same sentence, you'd have an oxymoron. I won't flat out and say that Voyager doesn't have even a single good episode, or idea, because it does, but you have to wade through some serious amounts of shit that even Jeff Goldblum wouldn't know what to make of it.

As for TOS and Enterprise, I can't speak of the former, but the latter is...interesting. The third series does some interesting stuff, whilst the fourth was led by someone who actually liked Star Trek and as a result was mostly actually pretty entertaining, final episode not included. I'd be loathe to recommend you start at the third season, but it may not even be a stretch to tell you to watch the opening two-parter, the final episode of the second season (it's basically a prologue to the third season) and then watch from then onwards. You then might come out of it thinking Enterprise isn't completely awful as well.

In fact, I might go so far as saying that had Enterprise been allowed to have more episodes, it might've actually been very good. The plot of the fourth season is highly important in the history of the Federation, with the fifth supposed to be a lead in to another really interesting part of the history. Alas, it wasn't to be, so the latter was included subtly.

Farscape - I cannot fucking wait to go through Farscape again. There's more content in one episode than in seasons of most other shows. Its glorious.
    You are correct.