Page 97 of 146 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2920
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Have I Got News For You and Godfrey Bloom is an utter cunt, a genuinely terrible specimen of a human being. I feel sorry for Paul Merton having to sit next to him.

I am having to stop reading AV Club TV reviews in protest over their continued use of the term "meetcute", which somehow offends every one of my senses despite being only characters on a screen.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Have I Got News For You and Godfrey Bloom is an utter cunt, a genuinely terrible specimen of a human being. I feel sorry for Paul Merton having to sit next to him.

I also found this and was surprised Victoria Coren was able to sustain not punching him which clearly she wanted to several times...the thing is i was like wel lyou seem to be cutting out a lot of him and then he opened his mouth and i realized why so why the feck have him in the first place. The most disturbing thing is that some people were laughing when he spoke now it could be oh how incredibly sexist of him lets laugh at him for being such a horrible human being....or it could depressingly be actually lauging at what he says...the way this country is going it actually could be either one...

Bearbylon 5, a cookie for the guy who remembers the corrrect episode.

Random Kosh quote:

The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I don't. I just finished watching everything B5 last night, so it's a bit of a blur. The movies aren't so great (the first two, maybe three are okay), but the series itself did grow on me after a slow start. And despite Sheridan looking so much like he escaped from Dallas or Dollars... (until he got a beard, at least).

I do wonder if I missed something, though; it seems like Londo was hinting pretty severely at something being wrong the last time he visited Delenn and Sheridan, and in one of the movies he's old and apparently free, but nothing happens in the series to set him free.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    I do wonder if I missed something, though; it seems like Londo was hinting pretty severely at something being wrong the last time he visited Delenn and Sheridan, and in one of the movies he's old and apparently free, but nothing happens in the series to set him free.
    Well we know how it ends - just like in the vision he saw, at the hands of G'Kar.

The specifics are covered in the first book of the excellent (but out of print) Centauri Prime trilogy novels.

Spoilers: David gets possessed by the keeper and goes to Centauri Prime, Sheriden and Delenn chase after him, where London captures them, planning to have them killed (as we see in the series). But he drinks a lot, which he has discovered puts his keeper to sleep, during which time he releases Sheriden and Delenn. Before the sleeper wakes up, he summons G'Kar (who he has kept imprisoned for years) and asks him to kill him. In the middle of that, the keeper wakes up and London strangles G'Kar as well, just as in the vision.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post

Random Kosh quote:
    I forget the exact name of the episode. It's the one with the gift shop in season 2 when they're having budget problems.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Well we know how it ends - just like in the vision he saw, at the hands of G'Kar.
    ah, yeah. The In The Beginning movie makes more sense now that I've watched the episodes. I couldn't figure out where the movies fit, so I seem to not have watched them in the right order and the ending of In The Beginning seemed rather strange.

It just felt like the series built up to some rescue attempt, but it never happened.

Modern Toss.

"Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Arrow. I saw a little of it on TV and thought it looked crap, but then I ran out of other things to watch and now I'm nearly finished with season 1. I don't know if it's good, but it does give me that urge to watch the next episode. It's not as overblown as most superhero stuff either, which is nice.
    Last edited by Similar; 18-11-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Arrow. I saw a little on it on TV and thought it looked crap, but then I ran out of other things to watch and now I'm nearly finished with season 1. I don't know if it's good, but it does give me that urge to watch the next episode. It's not as overblown as most superhero stuff either, which is nice.
    It's silly, but rather fun. I cannot help but marvel at the Salmon Ladder:

I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    It's silly, but rather fun.
    That's exactly it. It's like a comic book on your TV: it's not trying to be highbrow or clever -- it's just fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Mark me up as another Arrow watcher. I wouldn't say it's super compelling in the acting stakes (Laurel being the worst offender of the wooden awards), and they telegraph like crazy but it's watchable enough and I enjoy the flashback reveals, Geek girl & the humourous Microsoft & lenovo product placement :)
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Mark me up as another Arrow watcher. I wouldn't say it's super compelling in the acting stakes (Laurel being the worst offender of the wooden awards), and they telegraph like crazy but it's watchable enough and I enjoy the flashback reveals, Geek girl & the humourous Microsoft & lenovo product placement :)
    The best fantasy of the show is that there are few questions which cannot be answered by a quick search on bing.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Sleepy Hollow is ridiculously good, and it just keeps getting better. It even has a hotter redhead than American Horror Story!

Almost Human is a bromantic Blade Runner. A cyberpunk police show starring Karl Urban and his android partner. The leads have fantastic chemistry. The futuristic society is really cool and believable. It's a cliche series two episodes in, but the execution is excellent and the second episode was a big improvement. It looks expensive as hell so it will probably get cancelled soon.

I've been loving everything I've heard about sleepy hollow, it just sounds so ridiculously fun/good natured that I may have to find the time to watch it. How many episodes are left of the season?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I am growing to hate it. Sleep Hollow is terrible crap with a glossy budget.

The main character is an often-grating genius Gary Stu (apologies for the use of this term, but I don't use it lightly) who has somehow met EVERYONE and had a secret hand in EVERYTHING from his own time period. His sidekick remains devoid of any personality that the plot doesn't require, sitting at the point where all cop tropes and sidekick tropes meet and adding literally nothing more.

I've seen a lot of people enjoying it but for me, not so much. I find the writing is at best, naively amateurish, inconsistent and rushed; at worst, cynically threadbare using a hectic pace and special effects to hide it. I will probably finish this season up and then drop it, unless the finale keeps me interested.

In brighter news, I am really anjoying Arrow. I'm still early in season 1, but so far it's great.

I am still following Agents of SHIELD and it is steadily improving. I don't even mind Agent Ward all that much anymore. His interactions with FitzSimmons have warmed up a bit. Skye is still distractingly annoying though, and still the worst character on the show.

The last epsiode had Agent Hand which was kind of cool. Hopefully she becomes a recurring antagonist of sorts. I do like the nods to the larger continuum, partly because I would really like to see a live action Marvel TV show succeed as DC shows have been doing for a while. (I will always be a Marvel fan over DC.)

However they are now so blatantly hinting that Coulson is a LMD that it must to be a red herring for something else.

And Walking Dead is having easily its best season yet.

Sons Of Anarchy 6x11

I thought this was going to be a fairly by the numbers episode and then Bobby took a bullet, then Jax shot Galen in the head and then JAX SHOT CLAY IN THE THROAT. THEN EMPTIED THE WHOLE CLIP INTO HIS CHEST.
    Edit to avoid double post:

The Dollhouse reference right at the end of Agents Of SHIELD 1x08 made me smile.
    Last edited by Rath; 20-11-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'll be incredibly intrigued to see what the back set of episodes for this season of Agents of SHIELD is like, considering they were ordered after the initial run. Even with it improving, I wouldn't be surprised if it jumped up noticeable in quality between the point at which the first run ends and the rest of the episodes play out.