Anyone using the Beta Patch?

... and if so:

Is it different for A2/OA?
    Does it break any notable mods?
    Any tips for using it?

Thanks

I have no idea of what it is or how to get it, I am using steam and it is using autopatch feature, but other than that I haven't seen any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Kefirz View Post
    I have no idea of what it is or how to get it, I am using steam and it is using autopatch feature, but other than that I haven't seen any difference
    I believe the beta patches he's referring to are "unofficial" patches for Arma2 and OA released by BIS, ones that do NOT get added by Steam's auto-update feature. They've got a bunch of optimizations and I think in the latest ones new, more efficient options of anti-aliasing and the like.

I installed the latest one and it requires that I launch it like a mod, in fact, with custom launch commands set into the shortcut.

I don't know if the new one breaks any mods, though I have seen several Day Z servers require it for joining.
    Last edited by unangbangkay; 14-05-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: more info

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I'm using it for DayZ only, because people say it makes connecting to servers faster. I'm not sure I've noticed any difference. You run it like a mod so you can easily launch Arma without it if it's causing problems.

I can't launch ARMA with beta patch following instructions in BIS forums. I just installed Sixupdater and made a profile for Arma2:co+beta patches and other profile for Arma2:co+dayz+beta patches, so that it updates itself every time I launch. Works flawlessly.