Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Activated Node

Arma 2 ZOMBIE NIGHT/DAY

Right so considering the interest shown in the general discussion I've decided to make it OFFICIAL.

I propose we all get together sometime for a general zombie off. Few things that might make a bit hard though.

Firstly at the moment (and presumably the way the mod works for the forseeable future) you can only play on official servers, which at the moment I believe consists of two EU servers, a French server, a US server and a New Zealand server (bizarre) which are usually full at the times we'll want to play.

We could of course wait a bit until later on, but heres the thing the servers follow a 24h day/night cycle relevant to where the server is (so EU servers follow roughly GMT so if we play at night it'll be night on the server). Playing this mod at night isn't all that fun to be honest, its so dark its impossible to see ANYTHING without a flare which only provides light to about 5 feet around you and makes it almost impossible to aim in first person cos a gigantic flaming torch is strapped to your hand. Apparently NVGs do exist but they are friggin rare, I aint come accross any. So I figure best bet is maybe either to play at about mid-day for the best chance of getting as many people on as possible, or possibly play about 2pm on the yank server (it ain't bad at all really)

We'll all spawn in random places, we could of course communicate through mumble but I think that kind of takes the fun out of it, so I say we set a meet up point somewhere on the map and all endeavour to get there having little adventures and then team up with whoever makes it and go whack zombies.

Any takers/thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Sounds good, as I'd expect the EU servers to be full on weekend hitting the US server at a sane time might be the better idea.

Activated Node
    braaaaaiiiiinss

Braaaaaaaaaaiiiiinssss

(Me, Weed, Ice, Head and Egg made it onto the FR server, and some of us managed to even rendevouz!)
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I know the land like the back of my ass, which is to say, not well at all. My only hope would be stumbling across another RPS member who knows where they're going.

I agree about Mumble though, it makes things too simple. I've always loved the idea of a game which forces you to establish locations beforehand in order to meet up later if players get separated, which is bound to happen in the confusion of combat. You shouldn't know anything about what's going on outside the immediate area.

Of course, the player hunters will promptly ruin that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m in as well but depends on the time/day. I still have to dl the thing.
    Are we looking to have this on a weekend?

Network Hub
    Playing in the dark isnt that bad.

don't carry flares around near big towns, you properly get shot and looted

I'm in for this :)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Player hunters are enough to make me seriously consider not playing this, but despite their arseyness, I still keep coming back. We had quite a good group going tonight, until the server hiccuped and splat us all over where we'd been for the last hour or so, with and without weapons and inventory.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

The only good thing about player hunters is that they increase the tension between other survivors. Double edged though, as some just seem to shoot first when they see another player, regardless of whether they're a hunter or not.

Those who treat is like a glorified deathmatch deserve to be crucified though
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Stay away from the big towns and airfields and you probably won't get shot by players very often. There were guys with sniper rifles and machine guns on rooftops in Chernogorsk, just shooting everyone they saw. I'll shoot other players if they look like they have something I want, but killing everything on sight is a waste of ammo.

Also, assume someone is trying to kill you all the time. I find it easier at night, but staying off roads and in cover as much as possible will let you spot other players before they spot you.

I find if you manage to spot someone first and get close enough to talk, they won't shoot. Also don't run directly at people, it's startling.

Wow, I sure hope this never happens in real life, if peoples behaviour in this game is any indicator of how they'll act. Humanity would be doomed!

Together we stand, divided we fall, and all that.

It's pretty much expected thats how it'll end up, with the scum of society killing indiscriminately and stealing what they want :)

I've only encountered one player hunter that ended with us both on roofs taking potshots while zombies screamed for our blood in Elektro

Activated Node
    Yea Im with stang Im gonna give this a break for a little bit, I played today was out in the middle of nowhere had just killed a cow. See another dude running towards me so I aim at him, he says hes friendly and salutes me so I'm like dude whats up, he's like nothing. Soon as I start to cook meat he whips out his pistol and executes me

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I find if you manage to spot someone first and get close enough to talk, they won't shoot. Also don't run directly at people, it's startling.
    The number of accidental kills from misidentifying a running survivor must be immense.

I shot alex by mistake when he startled me, and later, a group of survivors capped me when I was rushing to the safety of the area they occupied

I found it's easier to keep your distance and walk slowly towards anyone, ready for anything :)

Quote Originally Posted by EBass View Post
    Yea Im with stang Im gonna give this a break for a little bit, I played today was out in the middle of nowhere had just killed a cow. See another dude running towards me so I aim at him, he says hes friendly and salutes me so I'm like dude whats up, he's like nothing. Soon as I start to cook meat he whips out his pistol and executes me
    Oh lord, that's hillarious. The few times I have run across someone I never turned my back on them. I'll only trust RPS members methinks.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I enjoyed the 3-4 hours I spent yesterday with Strang, Head, Helios and Mr Weed.
    Maybe a list of known assholes would be good for reference? We should get a ARPS/FOLK posse going and hunt them down!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Safest to greet everyone with a bullet to the head.