Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I think killing someone for their supplies is a perfectly legitimate excuse in a survival game, but there's absolutely no reason to hunt down newbies in the starting coastal areas other than for shits and giggles. Which is why I welcome the upcoming morality system designed to point out scumbags.

Hey now Kataras - I helped you out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker View Post
    Hey now Kataras - I helped you out too.
    Yes, apologies, you saved my ass and thanks!

I also like to shoot zombies.

On the whole not using mumble thing - I under stand it, but am wholeheartedly against it. ArmA's direct VON sucks.

Network Hub
    http://youtu.be/8pdKvO5iRgM

yey

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I really cannot play this game alone. Yesterday managed to die twice in 40 minutes from hordes. The last time I got ambushed by 3 zombies on a ladder, I mean what kind of zombie climbs a ladder? It was all due to my greediness though, I was trying to find a gun so desperately I wasn't careful.

I think Mumble is cool, although it does tend to get a bit too noisy at times. Maybe when people team up, they can move to a separate channel? Also split channels according to servers?

I never shoot other survivors on principle. If they shoot me, too bad. But I'm a nice guy! I'd probably be the first to die in a real-life zombie apocalypse, haha.
    Using Mumble is cool because you can just chat about stuff. People metagaming and typing in side annoy me, but what can you do about it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I feel the same, I would not want to shoot unless they do. Having said that, in the 5 hours I ve played so far, I have yet to meet any non-RPS survivors.

What will the RPS death-squad be called? Are we looking to infiltrate other groups?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddin View Post
    I never shoot other survivors on principle. If they shoot me, too bad. But I'm a nice guy! I'd probably be the first to die in a real-life zombie apocalypse, haha.
    Yeah, that's the problem. Last time I chose not to shoot someone, because maybe he'd appreciate help with the horde of zombies chasing him, he shot me instead. I won't hunt down and kill every player I see, it's safest to stay away, but if someone I don't know comes within shooting distance, I'd rather not take the chance they're going to shoot me.

A player killer came after me just north of Cherno. At least I think he was a player killer, he didn't bother to announce himself and chased me into a barn. I hid to one side of the door, but he was damned fast. We shot each other dead simultaneously.

I FINALLY have a positive experience with another player. It was nighttime and we teamed up to take on a small town. Got about halfway in before the zombies overwhelmed us.

Network Hub
    Well you can knee-cap them instead? Lets you escape and you havn't killed them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I wish I had recorded Mr. Weed the other day shouting over VON to a guy we had surrounded in a barn, to come out peacefully otherwise we would come in and shoot him! (adding 'we mean you no harm')
    They guy got scared and disconnected. I felt like a right bully.

Yeah, I shot a guy last night - Riddick. He had gear I needed. It's a zombie apocalypse, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

The player experiences I've had have varied depending on how close I got to the players.

The two guys me and Alex teamed up with were friendly and cooperative. The guy who assault-rifled us from behind who we never saw was not.
    The person I teamed up with to head from Chernagorsk to the airfield was cool (I gave them my map when I disconnected) - the person who sniped me twice near the petrol station was not.

Even the people who shot me (I ran towards them hoping for safety - one yelled, "Shit, zombie!" and capped me. I survived, though, and they gave me medical attention. The moral of the story is don't run towards people.) - were pleasant.

Of course all of these stories end in my horrible death, but it's still overwhelmingly been to the undead.

Obscure Node
    Hi guys

I was planning on joining you for a few games of arma a while ago but had a few pc problems (my first pc I've built in the last 10 years) but I've finally got it all sorted.

I'll try and make it to the next session you guys have but I've seen quite a few of you on the dayz servers so if you see me about it'd be great if we could team up, it's damn lonely in zombie country and I've been shot in the back more than once the trusting fool I am :)

I thought setting up this mod was difficult, and then I tried Mumble. OH MY GO-

Think I've burned myself out on this game. It's just not interesting by yourself. Three days of playing and all I've got to show for it is one friendly encounter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yes it is a lot more interesting with others. Should try and organize an evening and get a few of us on a server and meet up.

On a different note, I keep thinking this game needs anomalies and an anomaly detector...

Obscure Node
    I'm on the outskirts of electra if any of you guys are near there, I found 4 tents filled with stuff so I'm armed to the teeth :) finally got some blood packs as well! I didn't realise you needed 2 people to use them thou

Network Hub
    Some of us left elecktro and headed around the coast towards berezino, we got a little way south of kras. Are you wormball in game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingstalker View Post
    Yeah, I shot a guy last night - Riddick. He had gear I needed. It's a zombie apocalypse, baby.
    I'm in favour of not murdering people who approach a large group of us and put themselves at our mercy. We could've asked nicely for his stuff then shot him if he didn't give it to us.