Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Network Hub

M&B Warband and Napoleonic Wars addon

Just noticed the Napoleonic Wars addon has been released, 7.99 for UK types like myself. It's "DLC" so you need Warband to play it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48705/

Also, Warband is only 3.74 at the moment, a great price for what is in my opinion a great game.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8029/

Also, they've upped the multiplayer server player limit to 200. I think the community had previously got it stable at about 116 players, but taleworlds have done some tinkering I expect.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    why would i want to pay for mount&musket exactly?

follow up question, is it any better than mount&musket?

After playing for about twenty minutes, I can't say one way or another. It looks presentable now, zoom's been removed (I think), you can walk while you play instruments, Austria exists, and you can wear muttonchops and chew on a fresh-cut daisy. As I understand the situation from some light googling, M&M will no longer be updated and the official servers are being taken down. I have no one to stop me from being foolish with my money, and I figured I've gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the mod, so I picked it up, but that's me. You don't have to be like me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post

It is. Paradox hired the M&M guys and made them create the "next patch" into an official DLC, so any M&M development and balance from now on will be done internally.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post

Question 1 answer: If you enjoyed the mod I suppose.

Question 2 answer: Yes, to me it feels a lot more fun.

Network Hub
    For me, it's worth it just for the addition of a siege mode. Best moment so far has to be charging out of my fortress with only an axe and broken bottle and killing three redcoats before they had to take me down with a cannon.

Thats fubar

Why would I buy what was a free mod?

Not to mention its the gayest of all ages of warfare.
    -Ungh.
    -What?
    -I just found a picture of you.
    -Oh. How do I look?
    -Like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    Thats fubar

Why would I buy what was a free mod?

Not to mention its the gayest of all ages of warfare.
    Counter strike, Red Orchestra, Dota, even Fall From Heaven...there are a lot of mods that have become full games.

It's not a full game. It's just an addon, which is exactly what the free mod was, just now you have to pay for it.

Thats fucked up.
    -Ungh.
    -What?
    -I just found a picture of you.
    -Oh. How do I look?
    -Like shit.

It's not a full game. It's just an addon, which is exactly what the free mod was, just now you have to pay for it.

Thats fucked up.
    Strong arguments you have there brah.

Network Hub

Thats fucked up.
    It is only 7.99 which is firmly in the price range of an add on. There is also a bunch of new features that weren't in the mod. Moreover there's nothing wrong with a mod team asking to be paid for their work (with dev permission of course). It's great if they give it away for free, but they're perfectly entitled to ask for payment, just as you are entitled not to buy it.

I would be more happy with Mount and Blade 2. I am not interested in a dollar polished mod, which probably still has not improved the campaign mechanics from Warband.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    So, do youse guys think that they've proven themselves worth of a big budget for a sequel? Paradox has been showing Mount and Blade a lot of love in their promotion for War of the Roses, and I read somewhere that the latter has the honor of enjoying Paradox's largest budget to date.

I would love to see a proper sequel with a big budget behind it. Warband is extremely compelling.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandon Arc View Post
    For me, it's worth it just for the addition of a siege mode. Best moment so far has to be charging out of my fortress with only an axe and broken bottle and killing three redcoats before they had to take me down with a cannon.
    oh they added siege? that's compelling.

my biggest gripe with m&m was waiting for the last people to run across the map slowly and bayonet each other. i got too used to the constant respawning in my crpg siege grinding.

I want to say siege was in M&M. You've got me doubting myself. Anyway, the most important change turned out to be environmental destruction, followed closely by all the new earthworks that sappers can build. They also added a sort of beacon to the last living player on a team to help everyone kill him more quickly.

I managed to play for a couple of hours without crashing tonight (oh, yeah, and it crashes). There was some spirited ad-hoc organization happening on both sides that impressed me; we managed a very successful, very Napoleonic across-the-bridge charge to victory on River Crossing, and a few rounds later were distracted on that same bridge while most of the other team flanked us to great effect. A bunch of us are occupying a few buildings, thinking we're holding the Prussians back well enough, while these messages scroll by in chat that read more and more like some frantic radio message from a sci-fi movie, telling everyone that the entire right side of the map has been overwhelmed. Sure enough, within the minute there's a whole flood of them coming down the hill behind us while most everyone is obliviously still taking potshots at a few troops across the water. And I think to myself, I've just gotta tell the internet about what happened. Were you entertained, internet? Y/N, please circle one.

Someone with more initiative than I should start an RPS regiment, maybe, possibly.

circles y

(and anti spam text)
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Now that I know it works at a decent FPS on my netbook I am probably buying in and joining the reddit brigade and RPS brigade too, if needed.

We had an RPS warband when that came out. It was fun while it lasted!

Does anyone know if NW has DirectX7 mode too, as the Native? Is the performance is much worse? My netbook is running ir 30fps borderline and I am scared. Yep, even 10$ is a bit too steep for me ATM.

Obscure Node
    I only bought Warband for 15 two or three weeks ago, and now it's went down to 3...

Serious buy failure.