Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    So, do youse guys think that they've proven themselves worth of a big budget for a sequel? Paradox has been showing Mount and Blade a lot of love in their promotion for War of the Roses, and I read somewhere that the latter has the honor of enjoying Paradox's largest budget to date.

I would love to see a proper sequel with a big budget behind it. Warband is extremely compelling.
    They've been working on the sequel pretty much since Warband was released.

Obscure Node
    Is there an RPS Mount and Blade/Napoleonic Clan/Group? I'm interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Lacessit View Post
    Is there an RPS Mount and Blade/Napoleonic Clan/Group? I'm interested...
    There was a grouping from the unofficial Steam group yesterday, but nothing particularly disciplined yet. Most of the groups I've had some contact with have rather shouty computer-chair generals but that ensures there are some spectacular cavalry charges and artillery lines due to the discipline they demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    So, do youse guys think that they've proven themselves worth of a big budget for a sequel? Paradox has been showing Mount and Blade a lot of love in their promotion for War of the Roses, and I read somewhere that the latter has the honor of enjoying Paradox's largest budget to date.

I would love to see a proper sequel with a big budget behind it. Warband is extremely compelling.
    Taleworlds (Warband developer) has little to nothing to do with Napoleonic Wars. NW is pretty much fan-made, only now someone figured out that he can squeeze some quids out of it. So if your question was in context of releasing NW - then no.

Then again, M&B2 won't be coming out anytime soon because of War of the Roses - basically a game operating on same paradigm only now it's more like Call of Duty in medieval* - and same developer won't be releasing two similar games in relatively adjacent time period of any description.

( * not like Warband wasn't, anyone playing the horror of the Native ranged spam in multiplayer knows what I'm talking about, Warband is only actually playable in Vikingr and cRPG mods)

Besides, Warband engine is really old. I played about 3000 hours of multiplayer, most of the time with DX7 because of animation lag on DX9 in my case and I'm getting seriously sick of the graphics. There was an interview with Armagan about the success of Mount&Blade and he mentioned something about current Taleworlds occupation - it was in turkish unfortunately - but there was some footage from something what allegedly was M&B2 - and it was using the same engine.
    There's a line between sub-par graphics + awesome gameplay, like Warband, and pre-historic graphics + awesome gameplay. Few games come on top if they choose to roll with the latter one, ie. Dwarf Fortress. I wouldn't want to see Mount&Blade taking chances at this, even though the fighting system is so good that no other contemporary game at all comes even close.
    Last edited by Tres; 05-05-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Activated Node
    Kind of makes a piss take that they made "With Fire and Sword" which I really bought to support the devs more than because I really wanted it. Quickly came to the conclusion that being shot at with muskets and then randomly dying wasn't much fun, and not much fun firing off endless shots with inaccurate muskets hoping for a hit.

Really hoped they'd build on their success with M&B and turn M&B2 into a proper tripple A title with a real graphics engine and some new features. If M&B2 turns into just another M&B addon colour me unimpressed, guess its way way too early to be making such statements though.

I'm surprised no one has linked this yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    Never played anything to do with it, just bought it, it's hillarious.

Can't hit a damn thing though. Although I'm not starting out with what is either desirable or achievable - task one is mastering twatting somebody in the face with a lance at full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Eduardo del Mango View Post
    Never played anything to do with it, just bought it, it's hillarious.
    Yep, first time I booted it up I just couldn't stop laughing. This game has the elements for some great comedy!

That video pretty much sold it for me!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I had some fun with the music, but the game animations and general polish was lacking. I want a M&B 2 or something.
    Last edited by Tei; 06-05-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Network Hub
    Sooo anybody know a napoleonic weapon that starts with S?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    My computer cannot run it online, gives 10fps, which make sit unplayable :( I'll stick to vanilla.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverselaw View Post
    Sooo anybody know a napoleonic weapon that starts with S?
    Sabre?

1234chars

Quivering in the shadows of Criken's excellent video, this is RPS fellas getting together and figuring out which end to stand at a cannon.

Network Hub
    SOLD!

Any wiki or something for tutorialing? Participating in a cannon team or an infantry line sounds like a blast
    Last edited by Inverselaw; 06-05-2012 at 06:58 PM.

I'm in.

I also recommend the CHkilroy vids, some great infantry formation fun.

I'll boot up a social club around this tomorrow, so we can get some sessions going. I'm thinking the GrenOhDears, or the Whosars.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Network Hub
    Just played 3 matches of siege. Stuck with simple soldier for all of it. Lots of fun, bit mobtastic with no communication but had some nice moments of semi organised combat like the sappers setting up some nice gate defences and we took turns firing and taking cover.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    GrenOhDears
    Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Inverselaw View Post
    Just played 3 matches of siege. Stuck with simple soldier for all of it. Lots of fun, bit mobtastic with no communication but had some nice moments of semi organised combat like the sappers setting up some nice gate defences and we took turns firing and taking cover.
    Yes; there seems to be all sorts of small-scale spontaneous organization going on, which is pretty nice. Played some (lots of!) siege yesterday, and people were agreeing on a set time (from the round timer) when to charge over a bridge... It really worked! Though we were all massacred, of course. But it worked in principle.