Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Network Hub
    It probably helps that siege is a pretty skimishy game mode anyway. If I was In command of a "company" (lets say 20 people) in an assault Id probably just have a flag carrier drop a flag at a well covered forward point and sally from there whenever we get enough of us assembled, you cant keep a line in these kinds of situations even if you wanted to.

On defence its mostly just a question of making sure all the avenues of attack are guarded, people with loaded guns want to fire them and people without want a safe place to load, the rest handles itself.

Ive actualy been reading up on the actual napoleonic war and lots of historians like to remind people of the very common use of skimished infantry (loosely spread out). The advantages of the line is weight of fire against other lines and immunity to cavalry. Though the french had this technique where skirmished infantry was paired up, firing in turn, that way they were less likely to get caught with an empty musket.

I'm Respecting your culture!

My firm opinion after two days is that the best way to play this is to play a musician. Last night I was the first man in a breach, and I walked through all the smoke and blood and sabres and shouts, playing "Scotland the Brave" on bagpipes, all the way to the enemy flag.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    My firm opinion after two days is that the best way to play this is to play a musician. Last night I was the first man in a breach, and I walked through all the smoke and blood and sabres and shouts, playing "Scotland the Brave" on bagpipes, all the way to the enemy flag.
    So, so brave.

I always shot the musicians who stormed the fort all by themselves with a heavy heart. If only my teammates would let opposing musicians entertain them instead of being outright killed.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Network Hub
    To be fair, musicians aren't completely harmless anymore, as they make nearby infantry reload faster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    This is like the Blackadder of 18th century warfare.