Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Activated Node

Masters of Disaster (A Dominions 3 game)

Welcome to the new thread for our Dominions 3 game. I may just get crazy and role play in game as Carl Weathers, Apollo Creed though not Dillon from Predator. Apollo Creed was a stand up dude as opposed to Dillon who led them all into an alien hunting extravaganza, which isn't cool at all.

The Drop Box is up and just about everyone is invited. I'd say pretenders due on Tuesday at some point. I'll make a folder you can put them in in DB. If you can get it in sooner great but of course make sure you guys make good ones. I'll make some maps today and put them in DB and see if we like any of them.

Good luck and have fun.

Player list:
    Jarvis: Midgard
    lasikbear: Agartha
    MasterBoo: Pythium
    Sarigs: Atlantis
    wedge99: Caelum
    Zyrden: Marignon
    Last edited by wedge99; 24-04-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Just a recommendation: In the last game we had trouble with corrupted turns/2h files, so we started backing up all the turns inside an 'archive' folder to prevent these problems in the future (each turn includes all .trn and .2h files).
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

Activated Node
    Put that in thanks. I was planning on doing that but wasn't sure if I'd keep it in DB or not.

Wow, already have four pretenders in. I'm still trying to get the map right :(. I'm trying to make one with a moderately sized body of water in the middle of the map. With an ocean team I think with will make the game really interesting. We could have sea pirates that raid the coast or try to make a foothold where they think suits them best. Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by wedge99; 22-04-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to this one, not tried LA or Atlantis beyond a couple of SP games since the thread started.

I'm playing Ulm in the other game and I'm finding them REALLY passive lol :-)

Activated Node
    Check out test_2 map. I think that's the one. It would force you to own some land holdings to get to the other two sea territories and have a larger portion of the map open to you. I hope you don't become a pirate :(.

Activated Node
    Ok, the two maps I think we should consider are in the DB folder. I vote for Test_2 since it would most likely be a more interesting game. The other one would be more standard with the ocean on just one side of the map.

Should I put a master password on for the game? So I can change people to AI if necessary down the line or just leave the game with no master password?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge99 View Post
    Check out test_2 map. I think that's the one. It would force you to own some land holdings to get to the other two sea territories and have a larger portion of the map open to you. I hope you don't become a pirate :(.
    Awww I really liked the look of Test Map 1. :-( Also LA Atlantis start on the Land, their a coastal nation not a sea nation although they are Ampibius

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Awww I really liked the look of Test Map 1. :-( Also LA Atlantis start on the Land, their a coastal nation not a sea nation although they are Ampibius
    Oh crap I completely forgot about that :(. I'll put Test_1 back up oops.

They look nice, but in test_1, if you start in the lower left corner, theres a high risk of getting walled in since you can't get past the mountains. test_2 has the same problem for top right corner. Test_3 is alright though. But aren't these maps a little small for 6 players? Or maybe that's just me not used to analyzing maps :P

Edit: I don't like test_4, way too many chokepoints.
    Last edited by Zyrden; 22-04-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Activated Node
    Ok, I have three to choose from. Test_4 I think gets my vote but they should all work. Let me know. I just need lasikbear's pretender and we are pretty much set after we choose the map.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrden View Post
    They look nice, but in test_1, if you start in the lower left corner, theres a high risk of getting walled in since you can't get past the mountains. test_2 has the same problem for top right corner. Test_3 is alright though. But aren't these maps a little small for 6 players? Or maybe that's just me not used to analyzing maps :P

Edit: I don't like test_4, way too many chokepoints.
    We decided on about 12 territories per player before we started to run into each other so the size is right. Yeah I liked the chokepoints :)

Fair enough, just thinking out loud here. In any case number 3 gets my vote

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Map 4 gets mine, though too be honest they all look pretty good :-)

Activated Node
    With whatever map we pick I'm just concerned with the starting placement. Maybe I'll get The Innocent to start us off so we know our starting positions aren't crap. That way I won't know where everyone is by making the game right off.
    Last edited by wedge99; 22-04-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge99 View Post
    With whatever map we pick I'm just concerned with the starting placement. Maybe I'll get The Innocent to start us off so we know our starting positions are crap. That way I won't know where everyone is by making the game right off.
    Well in any game that#s not a wrap around someone is bound to be in a corner unfortunately, surely he'd need to get everyone passwords in, might be a lot of hassle for him

Activated Node
    Yeah, hopefully when the game is made it doesn't put us too close together and others far apart. We'll see, should be fine.

Activated Node
    Still need some votes for what map to use and lasikbear's pretender. Looking good so far though, most people got all their stuff in super quick :).

I don't really care. I prefer seeing the map only after the game starts. More fun imo :P
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

My pretender is pretty much all set in the ol brain box, just need to implement it after work and upload.

Activated Node
    Sounds good. Looks like we will go with map 4 and I'll get the game going tonight sometime.