Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar

legend of eisenwald - yak for a rpg/tbs that's already mostly done

yet another kickstarter! get it?!

here is some copy pasta:

Legends of Eisenwald is an original mix of RPG and strategy, with tactical turn based battles and a simple economic model. Rich possibilities of gameplay mechanics allow a player to feel being a hero of different stories ranging from treasure hunt to fighting for the throne. You can follow your game path as a Knight, Mystic or a Baroness and in each case gameplay and story will be partially different.

Game features:

• Combination of a role playing game and a strategy in right proportion that can be called a Knight-Errant Simulator.
    • Turn based tactical battles where we managed to get rid of the main enemy of turn based battles – boredom. There are no moving without striking and every move there is a choice whom to attack and whom to defend. Often an entire battle outcome depends on a decision which makes a battle intense from beginning to end.
    • There are many units with upgrade trees. Each unit can be personalized both with an upgrade as well as with equipment which provides a wide variety of army tuning.
    • There are a lot of weapons and battle spells. Each kind of weapons has its unique features that makes you to utilize it well in a battle.
    • Possibility to conquer castles to increase your power and strengthen your army. Obviously, it is not enough just to occupy castles – they need to be protected from aggressive neighbors.
    • There will be a campaign and some additional missions. In the future we plan to release campaign editor so each player can create his or her own adventure.

And the setting of our game is something we would like to address separately. We feel that all these similar looking fantasy worlds with dragons, necromancers and ancient gods became tiring for many players. The world of Eisenwald is not a fantasy, rather, it’s a medieval mysticism. There is divination and alchemy but without fireballs and summoning elementals. There are some magical creatures but they are not the lovely elves. Heroes of our legends are not saving the world and are not participating in the wars between gods. Rather, they are directed by human motivations: by a desire to find glory (and wealth), by blood feud, revenge and even by unrequited love. And no, a night walk in a forest is not advisable, especially during full moon.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-of-eisenwald

they appear to be finished with an alpha build, and that video alone is perhaps worth $15 (for various reasons), but i find myself oddly enchanted by this game. i'm a sucker for anything turn-based at this point, i suppose.

Network Hub
    This gives me King's Bounty vibes somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    This gives me King's Bounty vibes somehow.
    they do mention kb in the faq (along with homm which makes me happy).

What well-known titles is your game similar to?

Gameplay on a global map can be compared to King’s Bounty but game story is given as self-contained scenarios like HoMM. Combat is in many ways similar to Disciples 1-2 (but not Disciples 3!). Level upgrade of characters is also similar to Disciples – units get new class and appearance when they gain a level. But in addition to that they can use inventory and even battle horses.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Looks right up my alley, but I would be more in for dragons&elves than fat monk & pious knight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    The combat looks very interesting.

hopefully the rps-ers will run an article on this (and perhaps an interview)? it really does look quite promising, and is already rather far along (they mention the beta is in july in the comments section).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    This actually looks really promising. How come they're only at 5% of their goal? That makes no sense to me.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

I agree, this looks promising. Hope the RPS promotes them.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rather like the look of this. If it gets released I'd be almost certain to buy it, and it's probably going to get released, so $15 for a pre-order sounds like an acceptable deal. Also, live action trailers are now acceptable to me as long as they star the devs.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Also, live action trailers are now acceptable to me as long as they star the devs.
    the video is amazing.

it should be a requirement for devs to dress in the proper attire for the period their game is set in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looks quite good but if the in-game text is as bad as the Kickstarter page then I'll have to pass

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    I thought Kickstarter was for US-based companies only? Or did they recently change that policy?
    steam

My reaction:
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    I thought Kickstarter was for US-based companies only? Or did they recently change that policy?
    No, they use a figurehead.

yeah, you can use kickstarter if you have at least one developer based in the us, or use a us bank or some other entity as a go-between.

Obscure Node
    They just released combat video: http://youtu.be/oVoive62rWY - looks pretty cool.

lovely.

please to be making this happen with your monies, internet people.

Activated Node
    Hello, everyone, devs are here :)

Good to see a topic about our game on RPS forums. Spider Jerusalem, thank you for your nice comments about us.

To address the topic about English text - right now we don't have a professional translator but before we release our game we will make sure that translation is good. And getting a good translator is one of the things we are going to use funds from Kickstarter for.

I see someone already posted a link to our combat video. We also did an update yesterday explaining more how combat works. You are welcome to take a look at it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...d/posts/219538

great update.

i'm glad that there's no repair mechanic. that's usually more of an annoyance than an interesting feature.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    great update.

i'm glad that there's no repair mechanic. that's usually more of an annoyance than an interesting feature.
    Yes, we felt the same way too. Extensive micro management can kill all the fun. In our last game, Discord Times, many players complained about constant lack of gold and because of that they had to run around villages and collect tribute. We won't do the same mistake again :)