Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This actually looks really interesting - It also reminds me of Darklands, which is never a bad thing.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    still hoping for some coverage from the big, important peoples on this. easily one of the more intriguing kickstarter projects, i'd say (and not as far away as most, either).

Yeah, this needs to succeed. I might put my money on it too, would be the first Kickstarter for me, although I'm certain to buy many of them when they are ready.

Why haven't RPS folks promoted this yet though ?_? this games looks very "RPSsy".
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Why haven't RPS folks promoted this yet though ?_? this games looks very "RPSsy".
    my thoughts exactly. i even sent my first ever email to them. i'm so motivated.

also my money is pledged. i'm rather stingy with the kickstarters as well. chose this over shadowrun.

Activated Node
    We wrote to RPS too, and we even mentioned this topic in forum. Thank you for discussing it here and for your support, we hope one or another big site writes something nice about us :) But RPS would be really great and we also have a feeling that our game would fit here really well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    also my money is pledged. i'm rather stingy with the kickstarters as well. chose this over shadowrun.
    Yep. Here, too. The combat looks rather intriguing and I'd love to play around with it.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Activated Node
    Our combat is going to be even more fun once it's fully implemented. It would be great to show it in detail but not everything works yet and explaining it in words can take all the fun away. We provided some more information about our combat system in the 3rd update on Kickstarter, you can check it out there. We can't wait ourselves to play our game :)

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Looking really nice, always more room in the world for more of this kind of thing in my mind.

I think I'd personally like to see a big single player game like kings bounty than the more scenario based things.

Activated Node
    Our game will have a large campaign consisting of many scenarios, plus several separate ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Yes, the combat-update was what convinced me to help the kickstarter. I was rather skeptic before, but I like most of the system I see (with the exception that fast units are penalized by potentially losing their action).
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

This is the first kickstarter project I consider supporting. The biggest part of the work seems to be done and you can actually see quite a bit of how the game will turn out. As far as I can tell the game looks really interesting and refeshingly "low fantasy". Hopefully this will reach the funding goal.

Activated Node
    Thank you for your comment, squirrelfanatic! Yes, a lot of work is done and while we can't show everything since not everything is ready, it is strange to here some comments we are getting about "showing more". Not many projects have done as much as we have right now, but maybe we need to work more on our presentation. In our next update we will show and describe more gameplay on the global map.

Just checked the combat vid. Now I'm even more excited. Looks really promising. RPS, where art thou? People need to know about this. I will contribute before the time runs out.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Also, live action trailers are now acceptable to me as long as they star the devs.
    Oh wow, I just saw that. Somehow I managed to miss the video on the very top of the project's page at first. Great work with the live action.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Yeah really like the look of this actually. I shall pledge. It's the kind of short, sharp, simple turn based combat that I always find myself more compelled by that I expect to be (I know a lot of people hated them but I always enjoyed the land battles in Sid Meier's Pirates!). Setting seems pretty good as well, not 100% sure how the narrative of the campaigns will turn out but I don't think it's too important for this type of game; as long as I have a justifiable reason to upgrade my dudes and bash other dudes about then I'll probably be happy!

It's a bank holiday in the UK today but I wouldn't be suprised if I see this posted about on RPS tomorrow. Looks like it's well on its way to getting funded.

Best of luck to the devs and fair play to them for dressing up for that video! Excellent stuff.

Activated Node
    We wanted to make a fun presentation video and I think it turned out pretty good. Wearing that 120+ lb armor for the first time in my life was an interesting experience :) It was very nice to read in pcgamer that "it's clear that their hearts are in the right place" (here is the link: http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1224391p1.html). More of such notes would be nice.

Activated Node
    Lambchops, we aim to do the narrative interesting too! Right now we are working on an update that will give a bit of information how the gameplay on the global map will look like. I just hope not to make too many mistakes as I am writing it - no native English speakers here :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aterdux View Post
    Lambchops, we aim to do the narrative interesting too! Right now we are working on an update that will give a bit of information how the gameplay on the global map will look like. I just hope not to make too many mistakes as I am writing it - no native English speakers here :)
    Fair enough - cheers for engaging with us, I was snarky earlier, but if you want me to proof-read and edit your updates then drop me an DM and I'll see if I can help.

Activated Node
    deano2099, thank you for your offer. I pm-ed you but we wanted to post the update before it's 5AM here :) So, here it is, maybe we can change some wording later... And it's fun to hang around here! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...d/posts/222571

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Small thing: from the inventory screenshot it wasn't obvious to me that the bows were faded out and unusable; maybe it could be worth changing the background color as well for items that are unusable by a selected character?
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.