Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Network Hub
    I enjoyed a bit watching the video but for me, this is not my genre. I could hardly relate to games with dragons...

Activated Node
    Now, wait a minute :) Where did you see dragons? We have low fantasy medieval setting, "things exist medieval people believed in". No elves, dwarves, dragons...
    Last edited by Aterdux; 14-01-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typos

Network Hub
    Looks very interesting. Is it a main campaign or a open world sort of game?

Activated Node
    No, it's not an open world - we will have one main campaign and several shorter scenarios. The current beta has one of these shorter scenarios called The Masquerade. This scenario is about 3-4 hours of gameplay, it's on a small map, and the main campaign will have a sequence of connected scenarios, on different sized maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aterdux View Post
    No, it's not an open world - we will have one main campaign and several shorter scenarios. The current beta has one of these shorter scenarios called The Masquerade. This scenario is about 3-4 hours of gameplay, it's on a small map, and the main campaign will have a sequence of connected scenarios, on different sized maps.
    That's all that's in the beta currently? I was hoping it'd be a bit longer.

In any case, I have a few questions:

1. How long is the main campaign?
    2. When can we expect to see the main campaign and the other scenarios?
    3. Will we eventually be able to create our own scenarios? I figure Discord Times had a map editor released, so it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Activated Node
    Yes, beta has only one scenario there, it might take longer to go through it depending on your approach.

To answer your questions:
    1. Main campaign will have at least 6 scenarios, probably a bit more.
    2. Close to or at the release - they are being programmed right now, and that's quite a bit of work.
    3. Yes, the question is when. We are thinking to ask our community to help with the translation and manual for the map editor, if we have to do it ourselves, it will take longer but we will release it sooner or later.

Activated Node
    Reviving this thread - we are already over a week at Steam Early Access! http://store.steampowered.com/app/246760

So far the initial Steam reactions are mostly positive. I've been tempted to buy it, but I'm shying away from Early Access games. My gaming time is somewhat limited right now so there's little reason to spend time test-driving games.

Activated Node
    Yes, Granath, that's very smart of you! Way better than buying and expecting finished product. I think Early Access is for people who like following development of a specific game. But it's better to stay away if it's not the case especially if you don't have enough time.
    Last edited by Aterdux; 19-10-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Yes, Granath, that's very smart of you! Way better than buying and expecting finished product. I think Early Access is for people who like following development of a specific game. But it's better to stay away if it's not the case especially if you don't have enough time.
    Yeah, but it's tempting for a couple of reasons. One, the urge to get something that looks interesting NOW. That's just human nature. But also to support a promising concept like this one, especially given that the developers have been very active and responsive on Steam forums. I want to "reward" that kind of good behavior. But in this case, I'll let this one brew for a while longer.

Pretty damn impressive that one of the devs is in here warning people they may not want to buy his game before it's finished. Also, as someone who's played the beta it's pretty fun even in its current state.

Good to see this on Steam Early Access, hope they are picking up some sales.

I've just remembered I have an unused gift key for this from my Kickstarter pack. Happy to give it way to someone here, but would prefer it went to someone who has the time and inclination to play the Early Access version and offer some feedback here or on the Afterdux forums.

I've dipped into it briefly but like others I too don't really don't have enough spare gaming time to give to betas right now, I'm waiting for the full release before I dive in.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Pretty damn impressive that one of the devs is in here warning people they may not want to buy his game before it's finished. Also, as someone who's played the beta it's pretty fun even in its current state.
    We would rather sell less but to people who want to play and have fun even in the current state of the game rather than making people unhappy and suffer through the unfamiliar or little familiar Early Access.

There are a few people who support us big time from the very start of development, who didn't ever open Legends of Eisenwald despite the fact they could. They want so much to play the finished product they don't want to ruin their experience. And I get this, usually finished games, especially story driven like ours, have a bigger impact. Some others love to play and participate in discussions, voice their opinions, and those are more likely to have fun at Early Access. It ultimately boils down to knowing what kind of gamer you are :)

There are a few people who support us big time from the very start of development, who didn't ever open Legends of Eisenwald despite the fact they could. They want so much to play the finished product they don't want to ruin their experience. And I get this, usually finished games, especially story driven like ours, have a bigger impact. Some others love to play and participate in discussions, voice their opinions, and those are more likely to have fun at Early Access. It ultimately boils down to knowing what kind of gamer you are :)
    Sort of what I did actually, I played around with the beta enough to decide that I was happy with it and then decided I'd like to wait and play the whole thing on release. There are undoubtedly some duds on Early Release but I really don't think LoE is one of them.

I got the game on early access and it's pretty snazzy from the time I've spent with it. I like the HoMM / KB -like feel to the combat and appreciate the less fantasy focused world the game takes place in. Kinda reminds me of Darklands in that regard. Looking forward to seeing this game take shape. =)

Quote Originally Posted by MrN View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Darklands
    I was summoned by this phrase. Purchase assured.

Activated Node
    Sorry to necro such an old post but can anybody say how the game is now? It just came up on my wishlist as on sale and it's one of those games I don't really remember putting on there.

Recommended?

There doesn't seem to be much coverage out there.

Edit - the genre interests me for sure and the price is right.

It's on sale and as I mentioned last year (almost exactly a year ago) I'm interested in it and it's still on my wish list. It looks pretty close to done, but I'm still holding off until it's done and the reviews are out.

I'm getting to the point that often price no longer drives my buying decision, it's whether or not a game will actually be worth my time to play because there are so many good ones. I've held off from buying games that are $2 because I wasn't sure they'd be worth my time. Eisenwald falls under that category. The sales price pops up and screams "pay attention to me" on my Wishlist, but it doesn't drive whether or not I purchase the game because I want to maximize my limited gaming time.

If the reviews come out and they're good, then I'll be all over this game and it won't matter if it's $10 or $20. But with only 69% of the reviews being positive, I'm not willing to risk the investment of the hours to find out. I do wish the devs the best of luck though because at least they seem to interact with the community.

I backed it back in the day, but wanted to hold off from playing until it was out of beta. Might give it a try when I'm back from vacation. All I know is that was in development for ages.
    Forum janitor in training.

Activated Node
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll have another look when the reviews are out.