Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    On the site where I work, if a posting gets too many flags, it is hidden until a moderator approves it. Could such a system be implemented here?

This captcha is like a perfect fit for the RPS world:
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/p...text-captchas/

Network Hub
    So, did this happen at all?

What's the deal with this new wave of users that just post inane comments everywhere? Is is another kind of spam or just annoying people? I didn't want to ask as I don't want start any trouble but it's getting irritating.
    Last edited by Tikey; 10-05-2012 at 03:00 PM.

I think they are spam in the making. At least one of them had a post that was a giant spam copy-paste, I would imagine either they are posting a lot then going to wait a week and edit them to something more malicious, or they are just getting a post count up before starting new spam threads.

I am presuming this was never implemented? I am probably being stupid but I cant for the life of me see a "start new thread" button! Where is it?

Obscure Node
    I would appreciate some input as to when I will be able to post a new thread. I only joined here in the hopes of bringing an ongoing issue to the attention of RPS.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveNoIdea View Post
    I would appreciate some input as to when I will be able to post a new thread. I only joined here in the hopes of bringing an ongoing issue to the attention of RPS.
    In a while, you need to show the spam system you're not a spammer. The best way to contact the RPS Hivemind would be to email them:
    contact@rockpapershotgun.com

I just noticed today that I haven't seen a spam thread in a while. Curious, what was the solution?

I saw a few yesterday. I'm guessing they're just getting better at catching them :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    I just noticed today that I haven't seen a spam thread in a while. Curious, what was the solution?
    I recognize a set minimum number of posts required to start a thread, which usually gives time to find and kill the spammers before they destroy the main page.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Obscure Node
    It's annoying for a newbie like me but I can understand the need.

Obscure Node
    So, if i reply as i am now, I can now post a fresh question?
    Guess i will see in a minute! ;-)

Obscure Node

guess not

Quote Originally Posted by rudsaki View Post
    So, if i reply as i am now, I can now post a fresh question?
    Guess i will see in a minute! ;-)
    ==============