Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    The point is, this is a forum for RPS and its readers and not your marketing platform. If developers were to actually talk about their games for once and didn't just dump some links to be never seen again. Some do (such as larsius prime) but the percentage is so miniscule I hesitate to even call it a minority. If you want your stuff to be seen you have to work for it.
    Meanwhile I will have to keep deleting and moving stuff. It upsets me almost on a spiritual level.

I am of course aware that this post won't change anybody's mind. It just feels good saying it, in the vague hope that there is some metaphysical force that makes rude people more likely to fail. That is of course nothing but wishful thinking.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The point is, this is a forum for RPS and its readers and not your marketing platform. If developers were to actually talk about their games for once and didn't just dump some links to be never seen again. Some do (such as larsius prime) but the percentage is so miniscule I hesitate to even call it a minority. If you want your stuff to be seen you have to work for it.
    Meanwhile I will have to keep deleting and moving stuff. It upsets me almost on a spiritual level.

I am of course aware that this post won't change anybody's mind. It just feels good saying it, in the vague hope that there is some metaphysical force that makes rude people more likely to fail. That is of course nothing but wishful thinking.

WORD. I can't believe how arrogant some people must be to think that they should somehow be allowed to just spam new threads about their own project, without engaging the community actually in any way. And then when that can't be done immediately (10 posts!), they COMPLAIN? Geez. Here's a hint: communication is a two-way street. If you aren't interested in really participating, then don't try to feed us your crap. That's the worst possible way of marketing, and makes me (= a potential customer!) ANGRY. Angry at you. Being angry makes me NOT buy your product.

I don't know if I can put it in any simpler terms anymore.

Can someone explain if this thread is why I can't find the create thread button? I've been wanting for the last 3 hours to post a thread regarding a video game in the PC Gaming section, but I can't find a Create Thread button. :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7vincent7black7 View Post
    Can someone explain if this thread is why I can't find the create thread button? I've been wanting for the last 3 hours to post a thread regarding a video game in the PC Gaming section, but I can't find a Create Thread button. :(
    Probably. I know you are new here, and we welcome you, but it's really for spam purposes.
    What thread do you really want created so badly?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Relax, chill out, and welcome to the forum. Participate in discussions about other games that people are talking about, join in, after a while the button will magically appear.

This is why I drink.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Probably. I know you are new here, and we welcome you, but it's really for spam purposes.
    What thread do you really want created so badly?
    [This post moved to new VtMB thread, and can be considered "off topic" in this section now.
    Last edited by 7vincent7black7; 28-04-2014 at 12:31 AM.

See, as a vampire
    And in the game?
    Sorry, I kid.
    I see we really don't have a thread about Bloodlines on PC Gaming, what a disgrace. Now we do!
    RPS forums don't have any restrictions as to thread titles (Thank god, where would we pun puns?) so it makes it a bit harder to find stuff.

Thank you :D

And in the game?
    Sorry, I kid.
    I see we really don't have a thread about Bloodlines on PC Gaming, what a disgrace. Now we do!
    RPS forums don't have any restrictions as to thread titles (Thank god, where would we pun puns?) so it makes it a bit harder to find stuff.
    I'm gonna go move that last post of mine to the new thread. :D

another semisatisfied customer.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Whatever the initiation ritual my mind is prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiHair View Post
    Whatever the initiation ritual my mind is prepared.
    Make a pun with the next word: beige.

Obscure Node
    I'm not a dev but I'm trying to expand the playerbase of a game I like so making 10 posts is kind of troubling but I understand why.

Still, why would anyone want to make bots to post? Maybe I don't understand why. Great site btw.

Make a pun with the next word: beige.
    I'm going to have to admit defeat. The beiger they are the harder they fall.

Welcome to the forum!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiHair View Post
    I'm going to have to admit defeat. The beiger they are the harder they fall.
    Dong! You are now officially an RPSite.
    Please collect you badge at Alec's house.

Network Hub
    Alec lives in a house?

In a house? We all know that all the staff (except Nathan) lives in castle Shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    In a house? We all know that all the staff (except Nathan) lives in castle Shotgun.
    I stand corrected. Castle Shotgun is just a repurposed house.

I always imagined Castle Shotgun to either look like a japanese fortress, or a scottish villa ala Skyfall.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."