Obscure Node

Banned from ArmA II Server - Unjust?

Hi all!

I got banned from arma 2 server today for using artillery gun glitch (D-30) against enemy in an actual AO...
    There was an admin online, he looked like a voted-gamer admin, not a regular one like IceRaiser used to be.
    He asked me, how can i use artillery guns, i explained him, then someone - that i suggest not him - banned me from server.
    Let's state some facts: I'm not a hacker, i'm not a cheater. I'm playing the game as it is, i have only sound and some retextured weapon mods but that's all. Arma II has many-many glitches, that i won't tell anybody, let's find them out or look after it on Google, there are many, believe me...
    As game glitches part of every game, it shouldn't be accused as cheating or hacking.
    I want to be unbanned, because of real good community and good server.
    There are many people can vouch me, like Tyrr, who knows i'm not a hacker, i probably got false reported by somebody after i did really mad game score by using artillery gun on AO.
    Try to rethink that... please.
    Regards.

Av3

Just feel the need to point out that there are quite a few of us who have an admin password (and so who aren't bogstandard voted admins) but don't play on the server that often, so even if its not IceRaiser or someone else you know it might be a proper admin.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Network Hub
    PM me your PID

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    Just feel the need to point out that there are quite a few of us who have an admin password (and so who aren't bogstandard voted admins) but don't play on the server that often, so even if its not IceRaiser or someone else you know it might be a proper admin.
    The ingame voted admin's name was Richard Northen (maybe i spelled wrong, but it was like this).
    But as far as i know, voted admins can't ban, only who have adm. pass and shown as *Admin* in Serv. Control window.
    The thing maybe was some false accusing by that guy, and i think he just reported me here on forums or Steam then someone banned me by request.

@Bodge: Will do, thanks in advance for looking after this case.
    Last edited by Av3ng3r; 24-04-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Network Hub
    looks like i will need your guid. a date and rough time will help

Obscure Node
    Ingame name was Av3ng3r, just like here.
    Time was today.. umm.. maybe around 5-6PM by GMT+1
    Last edited by Av3ng3r; 24-04-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Activated Node
    Damnit Av3ng3r, stop haxxing! :D

And give bodge your GUID(if you know how), or let one of us(admins) know on our Steamchat and we'll sort it out there.

so.. what do you mean by "IceRaiser used to be"? :,(

Network Hub
    You mean no one told you Ice?

Network Hub
    Right, I had a look at the logs.

I have removed you from the banlist, you should be able to play again.

THIS IS NOT ME CONDONING EXPLOITING BUGS.

Please refrain from doing so again in the future.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by IceRaiser View Post
    Damnit Av3ng3r, stop haxxing! :D
    Yes, sir! :{

Quote Originally Posted by IceRaiser View Post
    so.. what do you mean by "IceRaiser used to be"? :,(
    I meant that Richard guy had a single admin that only good for kick, and i meant you're a regular admin, not like him... sorry for my grammar faults, i have a pretty bad english. :D

So... thanks a lot Bodge, i mean it. I wont (ab)use those bugs again then. :)

Upd.: Looks like i'm still banned, i can't connect in, server keeps autokicking me.
    Last edited by Av3ng3r; 24-04-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Activated Node
    Bodge: wait, what? :o
    Av3ng3r: sometimes it takes a while for the server to understand that it should recheck the log.. So just keep trying :)

Obscure Node
    Oh thanks, it's working now, but server timed out 2 minutes after i joined.. Oo'rah! :D

Bodge, I'll chat to you about this in a short while when I get back to my computer - but I was in steam chat when this occured, and I believe Harakka handed out the ban because Avenger has apparantly been using the glitch several times this week.

He was banned in response to a complaint for the steam chat user "Ben" who came from the server to the ARPS chat to have a bit of a complain. Something to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Obscure Node
    Just to clarify.. i don't think that 2 or 3 times using that thing can be considered severe. Also this Ben or i don't know who it is guy maybe surprised about my score and/or because i rarely got killed in this situation. But most times i used the artillery drop, and with a decent view distance setting i shot out several infantry and armored units before they were have a chance to spot me, combining single binocular spotting and howitzer LoS aiming... Then i made almost 80 kills per AO.
    A guy named Daniel was with me almost all the times, he spotted me targets and asked how can i do this, i simply explained the same thing to him... simple as that, but if you like to, let's consider it again, i still don't think that counts cheating, especially not hacking.
    The bad thing is when there's no actual admin ingame, then -as the case itself shows- one guy takes a complaint about something on Steam chat, admins insta-ban the actual guy without any checking. Wonder how many of then would've been innocent? However, you can check the log, i think that says everything about this, i'm all for it.

Activated Node
    DW: I've allowed that "glitch" before so Av3ng3r's not at fault. Also Ben is a little b*tch :P