Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Someone should fix the first post of this thread to include all the info concerning the group/clan:

1. Steam Group
    2. In-game chat room
    3. Members spreadsheet
    4. ???

At the moment the information is all over the thread, and it's a bit complicated to find.

Or we could maybe have a forum subsection for DOTA? It's big enough a game, me thinks...
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Network Hub
    While the game is big, the RPS community isn't so big yet as far as I'm aware. I say let's give it a couple of weeks to a month of growing the community and trying to seriously get some events going and prove that we're stable and long-term, and then maybe we can apply for a proper subsection. I think it's a good idea to get a new thread up or ask someone in charge if RandomGerbil can take over the first post (assuming he wants to take the head since he's been the most active influence that I've seen).

Also, added Pro-Team Setup as an option in the spreadsheet and added it to your row, Hunchback. It was something that crossed my mind when I made it (as well as having an extra, higher experience level along the lines of 'Expert), but I figured I'd wait and see if we have that many high level players here.

That game on Sunday evening really lit a fire under me. I've been wanting to practice and get better at DOTA for a while, but finally playing with voicechat and some decent folks really made me want to get this community going.
    Last edited by Dentharial; 31-07-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Well i've been in the beta for a while now, and before that i played LoL for a long time (not sure how much, but i played a lot). I don't consider myself pro at any rate, as i am still new to DOTA and i've never played on a "pro" level (tournaments and such). I still have a lot to learn and i make very newbish mistakes at times. I am, however, starting to really feel at ease in games lately, knowing mostly all heroes and skills, multiple builds and stuff. I could coach real newcomers and i could use some high-level coaching myself.

What i am looking for, at this stage, is a stable group of decent people who want to play for the win and to have fun too. I feel that playing with randoms can only get you that far, and also to be honest i am really sick all the russians (no offence to anyone russian who is cool) that would only speak russian in chat, completely ignore team communication and teamplay...
    I want to play with people who won't bicker over hero selection, who will use voice chat and try and play for the team. Skill is not that important, if you have teamplay and communication, especially when playing on a casual (but organised 5v5) level, really.

[edit] On the steam group page i saw that we have a mumble server too. It's all good etc, but to be honest the in-game voice chat is of very good quality. I believe pretty soon stand-alone voice chat servers such as mumble and TS will be no longer needed, with most new games sporting high quality voice chat already integrated, for free. [/edit]
    Last edited by Hunchback; 31-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

The good think about Mumble is you can natter in the build up to the game or whatever, and also bitch about any pubbies (I jest. But I would prefer to stick with mumble, though of course if we all switch to in-game voice coms that's fine too.)

Really, there's a place for both, seeing as in-game voice chat can easily be full of morons you'd rather not hear or speak to, and sometimes you really do want to speak to them.
    There's also the case of an all-talk function which is often lacking from games and is handy for silly modes where being able to talk to everyone is much more enjoyable seeing as there's much strategy involved.

I finally edited the first post.

Sorry if I dropped the ball here... Been really too busy...

I joined the Steam group. Looking forward to playing some game with you chaps as soon as the game goes live or I get myself a beta key (whichever may come 1st).
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    I joined the Steam group. Looking forward to playing some game with you chaps as soon as the game goes live or I get myself a beta key (whichever may come 1st).
    I got an invite lying around that ill send your way :D and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by samuraiweasel View Post
    I got an invite lying around that ill send your way :D and welcome.
    Thanks again man, you made my day!
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Network Hub
    Nooooooooooo, I want an invite tooo, I can't take the wait anymore :D
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Obscure Node
    Well, add me and ill get one for you, as your steam profile is private.
    Steam

edit: and off topic, what are the requirements for a sig? post count?
    Last edited by samuraiweasel; 22-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Network Hub
    Well, add me and ill get one for you, as your steam profile is private.
    Steam
    Done. Hugs and karma making their way to you right now!

edit: and off topic, what are the requirements for a sig? post count?
    eh, Sig?
    Find me on Steam

Obscure Node
    Signature-thingy at the bottom of your posts, like this

Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    I like Braaaains
    Find me on Steam
    Non-competitive play, Insult-free zone, Sir!

Network Hub
    Signature-thingy at the bottom of your posts, like this
    Did you check in 'Settings' (the link to the right of 'My profile')? That's where you can edit your sign. far as I know it's accessible from Day 1, but I can't be sure.

And, you, Sir, shall live a long, healthy and happy life (thanks a bunch for the Dota2 key).
    Find me on Steam

Activated Node
    Just a note: "The New Dota 2 Thread" is the one we've been using for a while now so I recommend you move all discussion there :)