Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Torchlight 2 preorder on Steam. Anyone up for a shared 4-pack?

Hey!

Torchlight 2 just went up for preorder on Steam. The 4-pack offers better value than the single purchase as it is 4 copies for the price of 3, and each copy gets a free Torchlight 1 game (for yourself or for gifting to others). Anyone up for a shared 4-copy set?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I'd be up for it, and there was someone else in the PC Bargains thread who was interested. Throw your hat in the ring there and we'll see if we can't scare up a fourth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I would be up for lighting a torch, for the second time, with my fellow torch lighters.

As we established in the bargains thread, it makes the most sense that the person buying this is from the US as it's marginally cheaper, but quite honestly, I think the price is pretty good already that I don't mind.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I could be interested in this, yes. I'm not a USA-ian or -ite or whatever, though.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    I am a US-based lifeform and I am down with this.
    steam

Activated Node
    I'm up for one copy as well if someone from US wants to arrange a 4-pack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    We now have seven interested parties, only one of whom admits to being Americanian.

I'm in if ya folks are willing to wait until I get paid at work (in about 3-5 days). Hell, you can hold the game as a "hostage" until I trade ya the money or another game or steam wallet (my preference, as I do not have paypal but if you still insist on it, I can get a friend to send the money).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    So how does this even work? Does everyone give their share to the purchaser via pay-pal or something?

One person buys, hopefully a citizen of the fair states, united as they are, in America (where it is cheapest). After that, people part of that 4-pack give the buyer the money who then exchanges the game. What we need to do is organise purchasing groups so that we can start coordinating everything.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Obscure Node
    I would be interested in taking part. Australia also has it for the US price

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I'd also be interested in getting one copy, if this works out somehow.

I would also like to participate
    not american though

I would like to get in on this despite my shameful non-amercian ways...

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Right then, let's get this moving. I'll treat this as the official thread for pack-buying. So we have:

One: DONE
    ColOfNature
    The JG Man
    Rauten
    Myself

Two:
    Phinor
    Battle Programmer Spike
    sacred_flame
    TechnoJellyfish

Three:
    Hypernetic (?)
    Eightyseven
    Universal Hamster
    daq

Four:
    Alex Bakke
    Patrick Swayze

I'm definitely willing to help out all three groups. I don't have the initial capital to make it work, so I'd need you chaps to send the amount ($15 USD) via PayPal. For the sake of organization, drop me a separate message via PM or email letting me know who you are and which group you're in, or add that info to the PP notification. If that sounds cool, my Steam profile is in my sig -- add me as an e-bro.

Turns out I can only grab one 4-pack (no gift option either), so groups 2 and beyond will need another ninja. I can continue to organize groups or pass the torch -- just let me know.
    Last edited by squareking; 01-05-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    steam

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    I'm definitely willing to help out all three groups.
    I'm not sure one person can arrange this because as far as I know, if you own the game already, you can no longer buy it or a 4-pack of it. So after your first 4-pack, you wouldn't be able to buy extra packs? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nice job squareking. Lists seems fine. I'll be sending you a PM immediately after this. In addition, I'll make a post in the bargains thread redirecting people here if they're interested.