Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    You have something against Liara, don't you?

I've got my eyes on you.
    Something for Liara, fixed.

Although that sounds a bit pervy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Something for Liara, fixed.

Although that sounds a bit pervy.
    Heh, I misread your first post. I thought you said you didn't like LotSB. The rapid-fire snark alone was worth the price of admisssion. :P
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

did I seriously pass out on that liara dlc?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    did I seriously pass out on that liara dlc?
    You didn't play lair of the shadowbroker Quanta? Worth doing for sure, even after you've finished ME2.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

I tried me1 and I found it quite dull. At first I was excited and interested; haven't played such a game for a long time, but that soon faded.

Too used to sandbox games where I can do whatever I want, when I want.

Also, there were too many cut-scenes imho, the dialog options were not really as great as I heard, the fights really lackluster, and oh boy.. driving that car-thing was nerve wrecking; soooo boooring. xD
    Playing: DayZ, Tribes, TF2, Magic the Gathering
    Waiting on: Torchlight 2

As much as I love the series, driving the Mako in ME1 is a bit of a chore. Also, being so long since I played it and being so used to the combat in the subsequent games, I'm struggling with the combat in this one. I've died so often I had to drop it down to easy which was a blow to my ego.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    As much as I love the series, driving the Mako in ME1 is a bit of a chore. Also, being so long since I played it and being so used to the combat in the subsequent games, I'm struggling with the combat in this one. I've died so often I had to drop it down to easy which was a blow to my ego.
    Hah, yeah. I'm playing on (hardcore? The one below insanity, which I haven't unlocked), and it can be incredibly frustrating. Doesn't help that I'm an infiltrator with limited crowd control options - firefights are ok, but packs of husks or thorian thralls can just waltz in and take my team down. Having to rely a lot on my squadmates' biotic abilities, but I'm often bitten in the ass by cooldowns or not being able to position squadmates properly in tight corridors. I'm too stubborn (read: thick) to knock it down in difficulty thus far though. :p

The Mako is puzzling: it sort of feels like just dialing up the weight & friction a small amount would have made it immensely less frustrating to drive - less prone to flipping around off of small bumps. Can't really say without being able to try it, I guess.

The main problem I found with the Mako was some of the terrain. It's all well and good to go for mountainous planets, but when driving on them is not remotely fun, you have to question the sense in including them. Generally most of the planets were easy enough to drive around, but there we're enough awkward bastards in there to definitely taint the experience for sure.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    The main problem I found with the Mako was some of the terrain. It's all well and good to go for mountainous planets, but when driving on them is not remotely fun, you have to question the sense in including them. Generally most of the planets were easy enough to drive around, but there we're enough awkward bastards in there to definitely taint the experience for sure.
    But you get nice experience from those worm things that come out of the ground. I remember one planet having two, with one of them just outside the perimeter.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    But you get nice experience from those worm things that come out of the ground. I remember one planet having two, with one of them just outside the perimeter.
    Oh, speaking of the Mako... here's another tip: the damn thing steals your experience points. Kills while driving the Mako only give about 20% of the normal "on foot" value, so if you want to reach a higher level, hop out of the Mako to do the killing blow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It's 50%, and a bunch of the fights are easier in person anyway.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post
    Oh, speaking of the Mako... here's another tip: the damn thing steals your experience points. Kills while driving the Mako only give about 20% of the normal "on foot" value, so if you want to reach a higher level, hop out of the Mako to do the killing blow.
    Good advice, though the big 4 legged Geth platforms are a bit of a handful.

True. I didn't mind the fights, it's just the time sink of traversal on certain planets that bugged me at times.

Probable Replicant

Network Hub
    Good advice, though the big 4 legged Geth platforms are a bit of a handful.
    Not really... they are susceptible to Sabotage, Overload and Lift, and the Armatures can even be hacked (though not the bigger Collossi). You can also run them down in the Mako, they'll need quite a bit of time to get on their feet again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    True. I didn't mind the fights, it's just the time sink of traversal on certain planets that bugged me at times.
    Well, one problem is that you can't choose where to land. Another is that you can't scan the planets to find things of interest.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post
    Not really... they are susceptible to Sabotage, Overload and Lift, and the Armatures can even be hacked (though not the bigger Collossi). You can also run them down in the Mako, they'll need quite a bit of time to get on their feet again.
    There's also a similar trick to level up like crazy, by landing on some random planet, look for thresher maws, lay down the hurt with the Mako cannon. Then retreat on some cliffside - where the beast can't reach you - whip out the sniper rifle and shoot. Requires patience and precision - too few cannon blastas and it'll take hours to kill the megaworm with a gun, too much and it will die too early - but last time I did it I got 3 levels in one go.

(protip: see that huge flat landscape? Thresher maw nest. 80% chance)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I remember on one planet I found some native friendly wildlife. I can't remember what they looked like though. They should have spent some time to add interesting things like that to all planets.

Well, one problem is that you can't choose where to land. Another is that you can't scan the planets to find things of interest.
    Fair points, though mayhap in the next ME game (assuming there is one) they'll establish a system that accommodates both aspects more readily.

I remember on one planet I found some native friendly wildlife. I can't remember what they looked like though. They should have spent some time to add interesting things like that to all planets.
    There's some monkey type creatures that crop up on a couple of planets, and also some herd creatures on another. But certainly they could do with more variety in future titles. Maybe less worlds, but greater depth.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 29-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Probable Replicant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's some monkey type creatures that crop up on a couple of planets, and also some herd creatures on another. But certainly they could do with more variety in future titles. Maybe less worlds, but greater depth.
    When I first played the game I thought all those planets you could land on had "towns" full of quests and shops on them.

When I first played the game I thought all those planets you could land on had "towns" full of quests and shops on them.
    That would have scared the potential "Action" targeted audience away! How dare you suggest that! (they scared it away with the broken combat, though)
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    There was one planet with some 'space cows' on. One of the cows would steal your money if you got too close. Very odd.

Also, the monkeys you're thinking of are pyjaks. They appear a bit in ME2 as well, there's a minigame where you defend the food supplies against them with a hilariously overpowered missile launcher.