Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar

Goodbye Fourth Amendment

"Won't somebody please think of the children!" will be the rallying cry for the dawn of legalized search and seizure.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Appropriate in this situation.

In my opinion CISPA, PIPA, SOPA, ACTA and similar bills, just show the weakness of government when the median age is high. Most politicians don't have a clue how the Internet and the digital age works.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    It also shows how controlled they are from the big media companies.

Shit, America. Shit.
    Free speech don't mean unchallengeable speech.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Obama has promised a veto, but yes, why are people not outraged by this? Did they spend it all on SOPA?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Obama has promised a veto, but yes, why are people not outraged by this? Did they spend it all on SOPA?
    They have to know about it first.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    A few people were worried that SOPA was a decoy, as I remember. I don't think I'd heard of CISPA until recently, and even then I was only vaguely aware of it. I guess if you send the public chasing after one threat, they can't react quickly enough to another.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    SOPA was a worldwide problem. CISCO is more a only usa thing, for now. Also It take effort to move people, and it as something like a cooldown. I don't think a site like Wikipedia would have joined another blacking websites day, except if others websites would follow.

I hope you guys restore the democracy back in your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    SOPA was a worldwide problem. CISCO is more a only usa thing, for now.
    SOPA may have had international ramifications, but ACTA was the international thing, despite flying relatively under the radar as it did. Also, CISPA may be a bill for American intelligence agencies, but other countries may take this as a impetus to implement similar.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    America criticizes China and Iran for the censorship and control of the Internet, but they are constantly trying to do same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    In my opinion CISPA, PIPA, SOPA, ACTA and similar bills, just show the weakness of government when the median age is high. Most politicians don't have a clue how the Internet and the digital age works.
    I'm surprised you even think they do care about the Internet or how it works.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    We here in the UK have had a self-appointed, self-regulated non-governmental internet censor for a long time: the Internet Watch Foundation. They operate a blacklist of sites which is unpublished and is not vetted by anyone outside of the organisation but which most (if not all, I haven't been keeping tabs on these things for some time) ISPs in the country block. By all accounts they're largely ineffective.

As far as privacy is concerned CISPA just makes official a situation which already exists through less obvious channels. Seems some [responsible party is trying to formalise the]/[progressive element is drawing attention to the questionable nature of the] (delete as appropriate) relationship.