Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Time to make myself a new account. Perhaps Zork, where I'll be arguing that graphical adventures aren't really adventure games.
    Already been done. Twice, thrice at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    That's some win right there.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    That's pretty funny, but he made a terrible and unforgivable mistake:

Quote Originally Posted by Zork
    Wizardry 1? WIZARDRY 1? Excuse me while I have a laughing fit. *Zork laughs — a retching sound, curdled with bitterness.*

Hardly a CRPG. More like the first nail in the coffin for the CRPG. The first — and possibly purest — example of how graphical interfaces took almost ALL the “RPG” out of “CRPG.”

Kids. *Zork rolls his eyes and strides mournfully from the room.*
    Yes, he failed to realise that not only do CRPGs pre-date text adventures, but the first ever one featured beautiful vector graphics that were displayed on the lovely plasma displays of the PLATO terminals. Pfff. It takes more effort than that to troll Wizardry.

Yes, he failed to realise that not only do CRPGs pre-date text adventures, but the first ever one featured beautiful vector graphics that were displayed on the lovely plasma displays of the PLATO terminals. Pfff. It takes more effort than that to troll Wizardry.
    Actually when they reconstructed the Antikythera mechanism they discovered it was used to create text adventures.
    Free speech don't mean unchallengeable speech.

Time to make myself a new account. Perhaps Zork, where I'll be arguing that graphical adventures aren't really adventure games.
    See, you're truly lovely and I'm not joking. The fact that you too can join in the joke shows it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep View Post
    Actually when they reconstructed the Antikythera mechanism they discovered it was used to create text adventures.
    Yes. In response to the over saturation of the CRPG market in BCE Greece.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    I think giving someone (someones?) the power to move threads to an Island of Misfit Threads would be the best way to avoid giving any new mods too much respowerbility... The only problem being that I haven't come across any forum software that would allow that sort of thing. Moderators usually have total power in their domain, and global mods have total power over all domains.

I think I manage to avoid conflict in these forums enough to offer my assistance in stomping bots and turks, but I'm still pretty new, so I don't expect anyone wants to give me the key to this digital city just yet.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    You had me at Island of Misfit Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    The only problem being that I haven't come across any forum software that would allow that sort of thing.
    It's true that the mod, as a preset role, is by default given all those powers the newb admin expects it to have. However full-fledged boards should offer plenty granularity in permissions, it's just a matter of turning the right knobs.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    It's just a matter of turning the right knobs.
    Aren't they all knobs on the right?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Indeed, one wonders if they read the site rules tbh. Still one of the more hilarious cases of butt hurt over reaction I've witnessed. Embarrassing, but for all the wrong reasons.
    Well, you accused me of wanting to commit real violence against real women, and that's a pretty dangerous thing to throw around. As that issue affects real people's lives and you have no idea what exists in my past, it's in extremely poor taste to make a throwaway, unsupported comment about such a serious topic. I have no intentions of discussing my personal life or past with you, but what if my father had beaten the shit out of my mother througout my childhood? You can see how that would affect somebody, right? And then for you to flippantly say that somebody has a "desire to murder women"... I mean, Jesus - do you accuse people of wanting to commit rape and then laugh when they become offended? I know you're in your little internet bubble there, but please do remember that this sort of horiffic thing happens to real people and can be offensive.

So yeah, let's try it that way except with "raping women" instead of "murdering women" (what you accused me of wanting to do);

Kadayi - "You sound like a rapist."
    Person B - "How dare you say that? My sister was raped and it destroyed our family, why would you even accuse me of that?"
    Kadayi - "LOL butthurt! It's the internet, get a life you noob rapist."

Regarding my reaction - unfortunately, I took you seriously. I mean, I like this place, I like the people on here, and I'd rather not have someone who seemed to be a long standing member of the community try to stick a charge of misogyny on me. Had I known how little esteem you were held in around here (as I've subsequently discovered) I wouldn't have bothered.

So, yeah - I overreacted. Not in so far as the comment goes (with absolutely no justification you did accuse me of something very, very serious that I find very, very offensive), but in so far as I regarded your opinion as something worth speaking against. Turns out it's not.

QuantaCat - love you too! I'm by no means new to the internet, but I've made it a point to try and treat people here with the same respect that I show in real life. I think it's pretty cowardly to use the excuse of a monitor and anonymity to say things to people you'd never say otherwise - you and Kadayi might think it acceptable to say what the hell you like to people just because you can't be held to account for it, but I try to treat people like people, regardless if all I see of them is a forum name. The fact that I was called a woman hating bigot hurts and offends me - evidently it's something you guys don't care about, but I think people beating up women is a pretty serious issue, and words are words - they don't mean something different because you typed them rather than spoke them.

Edit - oh, and I don't expect QuantaCat or Kadayi to read this - I'm sure they'll just see I've posted and go "oh lol look he's butthurt again lol lol!" I'd just like to explain my actions to those people here who aren't looking to cause irritation and offense.
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 29-04-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    NOT TO JUMP IN THE MIDDLE:

But I think it's impossible to have a civilized conversation with anyone as soon as they begin name calling. That said, I'm not implying the conversation was civil to begin with.

Smashbox - the 'conversation' started when I said I wanted to kill a character in a computer game (with no reference to the character's gender aside from a pronoun) and Kadayi said that I didn't like ME2 because I have fantasies of assaulting and murdering women and the game stopped me from fulfilling them. Uhm... How was I supposed to have a civil conversation from that starting point?

C'mon man, tell me I was wrong to find that pretty damn offensive. I know hardened "internet veterans" like QuantaCat reckon this sort of thing's OK to throw around and it's all just good fun, but I'm very glad to say that I haven't become that desensitised yet.
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 29-04-2012 at 12:43 AM.

@Captain Edwardo

Not to put too fine a point on it I accused you of nothing. I made a joke. Pretty much everyone here seems to understand that but you. Where as you on the other hand with your indignation have made a fool out of yourself. You've also violated the forum rules on several occasions. I'm not sure whether you quite understand that. Here's a reminder as to what they are: -

1. Be excellent to each other.

2. That means not insulting each other.

3. No, really, it's possible to disagree without insults. Just don't do it.

4. Please use English. I know, but our Foreign is pretty shockingly bad.

5. Please report spam or innappropriate behaviour using the tools provided.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...?104-The-Rules

I'm a little dry at times, but I'm not the one spitting on the rulebook in this situation.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 29-04-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

I'm not really interested in continuing this with you personally. When the thread kicked off I went into the RPS Steam chat and, confused and irritated (yes, you irritated me, well done, have a point), said "What the fuck is this Kadayi guy's problem?" The several responses (and private messages I've gotten on here) were summed up by this one; "Just don't engage with Kadayi. He's toxic."

You might think I've made a fool of myself, but fortunately I think the far more widespread view is that your opinions and 1,624 posts just aren't worth bothering with. I've only made a fool of myself by engaging with rather than ignoring you.

However, for anyone else reading this;

So your dislike of the game stems from your inability to beat up and murder women? Interesting.....
    Well if Kadayi thinks it's a joke then he's missed the punchline - it literally isn't funny. Arguably but not obviously sacastic, perhaps, but it's certainly not a joke. I think a normal (nice) person would've at least understood my severe reaction to having been accused of being a violent misogynyst and gone "Whoa, whoa! Hang on, that wasn't serious, calm the fuck down." I'd have gone "OK, I got the wrong end of the stick there", edited the post, blah blah, blah blah, everyone's friends again, no problem... Someone posting insults, subsequently claiming it's a 'joke' and then running to the rulebook is a pretty played out troll. Godspeed, that brave internet warrior!
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 29-04-2012 at 01:13 AM.

*chortles*

*popcorn*

Observational humour is clearly lost on you it seems.

Also I'm pointing you to the rules because you're in danger of getting banned.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 29-04-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Probable Replicant

Yeah man, I know - it's hard when people don't realise how much of a genius you evidently are. I'm off, I'll let you clear the Mountain Dew cans, get back behind the keyboard and crank out some more genius comedy. Settle back into that ass-groove and enjoy your life, internet hero!

Edit - your concern is touching! Thankyou.
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 29-04-2012 at 01:17 AM.

1. Be excellent to each other.
    Both of you. Shut up.
    Free speech don't mean unchallengeable speech.

This is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    This is going well.
    Never a frown with golden brown zoo.

Probable Replicant