Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Yellow card for narrating your own laughter.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Oh my, a thread got derailed? This is exactly the sort of thing we need moderators to deal with! I'll go start a thread expressing my desire for more moderation on these forums. BRB.

Re: whatever was aimed at me.

This should be a lesson in life: dont. ever. let. anything. get. to. you. what. anyone. says.

Not here, not anywhere. If youve got a problem with what someone says, that's basically your problem. There are many fine social buttons and tunings on this forum where you could phase out peoples opinions entirely. They cant terrorise you, they cant make your standing so bad you get beat up by the police. Sure, somethings happened in your life that you didnt like, and its the worst, and noone can see that so theyre just obliviously making jokes and OMG THATS NOT FUNNY LEAVE ME ALONE.

Or you could just as well find a way to reflect on yourself "why is this totally random person on the internet getting to me? he doesnt even know me, nor I know him, and even if he did, what does he have to do with my life, now seriously?"

If you do that for a lot of people you encounter, and you dont like because of some behaviour or whatever: I promise you, you will be happier.

Now please drop it, and join in on the fun, whatever that means for you!

PS: love, kad & wiz. (especially that zork comment was made of gold)

PPS: Also, if Jim says no moderation is necessary, then thats enough for me. As long as they check in often enough to get rid of the bots.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 29-04-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added the pps
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Sure, somethings happened in your life that you didnt like, and its the worst, and noone can see that so theyre just obliviously making jokes and OMG THATS NOT FUNNY LEAVE ME ALONE.
    I find it curious that someone who claims to be a victim of trauma would express themselves in that capacity as a desire. You'd think that as a life rule it would be outside their lexicon of articulation in order not to diminish its seriousness to others.

Person B 'I'd rape that bitch up'
    Kadayi (jokingly) - "You sound like a rapist."
    Person B - "How dare you say that? My sister was raped and it destroyed our family, why would you even accuse me of that?"
    Kadayi - "Because you just said 'I'd like to rape that bitch up' perhaps?"
    Something just doesn't sit right there. Still too much internet drama for this weekend.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    Oh my, a thread got derailed? This is exactly the sort of thing we need moderators to deal with! I'll go start a thread expressing my desire for more moderation on these forums. BRB.
    Oooh, oooh, wouldn't it be like . . . so meta if I derailed that thread. Then we can giggle and laugh and dance off into the sunset and . . .

Sorry, I seem to have got a tad carried awah there. I'll just . .. oh I dunno.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I say bring back the silent editing of comments from ye olden days of RPS, where unpleasant things would inexplicably turn into lovely things. The sheer amount of comments and forum post these days would make that a nightmare task, but it was funny.

If anything could be done about the spammage though, that would be great.

Network Hub
    Kadayi is RockPaperShotguns Dawn Falcon.

Well, maybe a mix of Kadayi and Wizardry.
    Last edited by Vicious; 29-04-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Who?

10 char

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Several people
    Rape.
    You guys ought to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    TL:DR

Cut to the chase Griz.

Probable Replicant

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    Absolutely, Grizzly. I was suggesting that making flippant use of gendered violence (as Kadayi did) was almost as bad as making flippant use of rape (as is unfortunately common on the internet). Both are subjects to be taken very seriously, even on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Eduardo del Mango View Post
    Absolutely, Grizzly. I was suggesting that making flippant use of gendered violence (as I did) was almost as bad as making flippant use of rape (as is unfortunately common on the internet). Both are subjects to be taken very seriously, even on the internet.
    Corrected for accuracy. I'm not the person saying I wanted to smash someones face in the first place.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 29-04-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Probable Replicant

Liar. Here's what I said;

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Eduardo del Mango
    For what it's worth, the point where ME2 got switched off was when my Astro-PA said of my big basilisk/tiger power-armour suited mate that she "Just wanted to give him a hug and tell him everything was going to be all right", and there was no option to smash the heel of your boot into her face and throw her out of an airlock.
    Kadayi, 'gendered violence' is targeting violence at somebody because of their gender. As everyone can clearly see, the gender of the individual in question is completely irrelevant to my reaction. I was making flippant use of specifically non-gendered violence, which is acceptable as the game in question is full of flippant uses of non-gendered violence. The Astro-PA is also white - are you suggesting I harbour fantasies of killing white people? She's also short. Are you suggesting I harbour fantasies of killing short people?

Dude, her gender had nothing to do with it. There is nothing in my post to suggest her gender had anything to do with it. There's no evidence of misogyny there whatsoever.

Edit - I'm dreadfully sorry to keep clogging up this thread, but seeing as it got brought up over here too I didn't really want to leave comments unanswered. I'll stop when he stops (get Jim to ban us both for 48 hours, that'll do it).
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 29-04-2012 at 05:46 PM.

So your defence is that expressing a desire to smash in your PAs face and shove her out an airlock is a perfectly valid expression because it had nothing to do with her Gender, Age, Race or height? you don't see how that seems faintly overboard?
    Last edited by Kadayi; 29-04-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Probable Replicant

Network Hub
    See? RockPaperShotguns Dawn Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    See? RockPaperShotguns Dawn Falcon.
    Who is Dawn Falcon Vicious? Is it someone you went to school with? A neighbour? A carnival hand? Enlighten us?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dawn+falcon
    Last edited by Kadayi; 29-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Probable Replicant

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    So your defence is that expressing a desire to smash in your PAs face and shove her out an airlock is a perfectly valid expression because it had nothing to do with her Gender, Age, Race or height? you don't see how that seems faintly overboard?
    Eh? Overboard?

Wait wait wait - you didn't say that comment was going 'overboard', you said it was evidence that I hated women - you're changing your story now.

"Overboard" would have been fine! Seriously man, if you'd said "that seems a bit overboard" that would have been all cool! It was overboard, I would have agreed with you! We could have had a discussion about it. Instead you said it meant I hated women, and as you can clearly see there's no evidence of that in what I said.

Dude, if you retract that I'm a misogynyst then I'll happily go with and discuss your claim that the comment was overboard. I've got no problem with that whatsoever, that's fine. Seriously - let me know if that's cool, we'll go back and edit the posts to get all that crap off the other thread, and if you want we can have a discussion about the overboard nature of that comment.
    Last edited by Capt. Eduardo del Mango; 29-04-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    TL:DR

Cut to the chase Griz.
    Just read what General Battutta and MP-Ryan said - And up to page 6. That should be enough I think. It was not specifically directed to you though, although it should be an interesting read nonetheless.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 29-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    I find it amusing that you're describing flushing someone out of an airlock as "faintly overboard". Well, yeah. That's the idea. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Eduardo del Mango View Post
    Eh? Overboard? You didn't say that comment was going 'overboard', you said it was evidence that I hated women. This is the first time you've said it's about going 'overboard' - you're changing your story now.

Seriously man, if you'd said "that seems a bit overboard" that would have been fine! It was overboard! We could have had a discussion about it. Instead you said it meant I hated women, and as you can clearly see there's no evidence of that in what I said.

Dude, if you retract that I'm a misogynyst then I'll happily go with and discuss your claim that the comment was overboard. I've got no problem with that whatsoever, that's fine.
    How can I retract what I never said?

Probable Replicant