Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Yea I hated the vanu in the original, their whole aesthetic "pew pew we have fancy pretty light guns and our vehicles mince across the map" never appealed to me. NC vote from me, but TR would be acceptable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    NC always seems to be the least common denominator so the outfit being NC isn't unlikely ;)

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Who got the fastest vechicles? I have a need for speed and a distace for travel times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    who wants to look like a slightly more streamlined version of Ireland's Eurovision entry
    ^_^

If its wrong then I don't want to be right.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Having seen TB's videos, I am somewhat depressed that I never played Planetside 1.

Oh well, I shall have to make it up and play #2 instead!

As for a team, I liked those guys with the guns. That shoot.

Perhaps CMaster should start tallying people's votes in the OP? There doesnt appear to be much love for TR so far, which is fine by me; I want the shootiest guns, the tankiest tanks and the heaviest gunships, so my vote is NC all the way.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

NC rapid fire weapons often had you forced to try and maintain line of sight to be optimal. As NC I was often given to use anti tank weaponry (a 3 rocket chain rpg) for skirmishing, not a bad thing specifically as it had great utility.

Would like to try something different to TR, so NC is also preferable but TR also acceptable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    After watching/reading about this, I am thoroughly excited to be killed a lot in this game. Yay!

Any side would be fine, I just want to play this. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Radiator Full Pig View Post
    Who got the fastest vechicles? I have a need for speed and a distace for travel times.
    If memory servers me right Vanu-specific vehicles are in general a bit faster but also more fragile. But all factions have fast vehicles. So in the end "speed" isn't really the criteria to choose a faction. But it might depend on how many "common pool" vehicles (accessible by all factions) are in the game.

Network Hub
    Having looked at the new mech suits, I'm definitely most interested in the vanu. Theirs is all sleek and lazery.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/05/vsmax2_2.jpg
    http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/05/VSmax.jpg

Just out of interest, does every faction get Galaxy dropships? I really fancy the idea of being a Galaxy pilot and I'd hate to unwittingly pledge my allegience to a faction that doesnt have them.

Edit:

Just found a picture of the NC Galaxy. Oh my, yes please.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m.../Galaxy_30.jpg
    Last edited by frenz0rz; 30-05-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Yep, the Galaxy is (currently) supposed to be th primary troop transport and mobile spawn. So Galaxy pilots will be highly needed across all factions.

Is the Flying skip still in planetside?

It repairs thing in and near it, load up with an AMS, ditch a hundred meters from the engagement zone in cover, throw up the AMS's cloak and you have a stealth repair and spawn depot.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Is the Flying skip still in planetside?

On second thoughts, balls to the Galaxy - I want to fly that!
    www.teamsao.com

F@[K, everything vanu looks terrible in the reboot! I used to like a bunch of their aesthetics but now its rubbish, here's glad its a first person game :P.

Activated Node
    I never played the original, but this is looking incredible so I can't wait for this to release!

As for faction, looking at the pics, my vote would go for the NC. But I'm not too bothered really.

Got my PC Gamer VIP beta access code in the post today, wooo!
    www.teamsao.com

Network Hub
    Also got my golden ticket, which means this decision needs to be made soonish rather than laterish. What's the best way of creating a (preferably rigged in favour of the vanu) poll?