Network Hub

Walking Dead is awesome!

I don't know to write about this without spoiling it, but this is clearly a very special game that a lot of you should be trying!
    Very strange there isn't a big thread on it here yet.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

Discussed/reviewed here on RPS:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...d-episode-one/

I also have been enjoying lone survivor and there's no thread for that either.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/20..._7_7_151_150_1
    Both new the last few days
    Last edited by BenWah; 28-04-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Yeah, played the first episode yesterday and really had a blast. It's the first time in a long time where I actually care about the story in a game, want to hear all the lines and grin like an idiot when making my choices. This game might be up there with The Devil's Playhouse, in my opionion the best Telltale game yet.
    The puzzles are a bit on the easy side, that might need some tweaking in the following episodes, and I agree with most of the criticism in the RPS review, but it's still a great game.

What do you mean, there is no thread for lone survivor?! there are two. clearly you didnt bother looking, sir.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I also heard good things about it,buts its only two hours long :/
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I know there are probably financial reasons why they can't, but I don't get why telltale don't release the FIRST episode of each of their franchises for free. I have a feeling that if they had then I'd have gotten hooked on several of them and then bought all the other episodes (like i do with TV shows).

But as it is, I often think it looks interesting, but by the time they release episode 7 as a demo (which i don't want to play out of order anyway) I tend to have lost interest or moved on.

Yeah, it's two hours long, but you are paying for 5 episodes. So 10 hours for $25 seems like a good deal to me.Telltale did release Episode 1 of Back to the Future for free, and the first episodes of other franchises go free on iOS pretty regulary. Personally I think that doing that devaluates the games, and people might tend to see the company as adopting a "freemium" model and that has some negative connotations. I don't think they ever released an out of order episode as a demo, but I might be wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    The sales model bugs me. I bought Back to the Future at $25, and didn't really enjoy the first episode. I regret that I own all the others.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    Yeah, it's two hours long, but you are paying for 5 episodes. So 10 hours for $25 seems like a good deal to me.
    I'm getting way more than 2 hours out of the first episode, because I'm enjoying experimenting with some different action choices and impacts already

I loved the back to the future series. Am I alone in that view?
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."