Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniper Elite V2

Hybrid View

Sniper Elite V2

Having a lot of fun here. More so then in the previous iteration.

The demo is out on Steam so I'd suggest giving it a try.

I quite liked how the original approached WW2 at a slightly darker angle - you were an american agent acting as german soldier tasked with eliminating (allied!) russian targets to establish an upper hand going into the cold war. I didn't complete the game but I thought that was a refreshing and brutal take.

Going from the trailer it looks like this is opting for the safer approach of "good guy kills hundreds of nazis". Which is a shame.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Demo gave quite bad impression,lets see why. No Sneaking to speak off, AI is beyond stupid,level was way to linear, no side missions,kill-cams gets repetitive and annoying. About the linear level,maybe its like in Hitman:BM,where first level was tutorial so it was linear to show you how to achieve different shit in game. Graphics were nice.

Oh forgot to say,there is going to be Hitler DLC lol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    You play as the same dude and you still kill Soviets. It's a race against the Soviets to secure German intel and scientists, specifically those related to the V2 program.
    I played the demo for about three hours. Will get this game.

I just had a lot of fun with the demo. I remember trying the first one, but I never got too far with it. I'm liking this though.

Also, slo-mo nut shot. That is some sick shit.
    Last edited by zookeeper; 29-04-2012 at 06:50 PM.

I got a bad impression too from this, similar to Daftpunk I found that the Ai is stupid, not only is the cover system they use quite predictable but it seems that even if you're sneaking around and just stand up for 1 second they manage to get a full view of you from over 300m away
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slick_101 View Post
    I got a bad impression too from this, similar to Daftpunk I found that the Ai is stupid, not only is the cover system they use quite predictable but it seems that even if you're sneaking around and just stand up for 1 second they manage to get a full view of you from over 300m away
    Scope glint :P

Quote Originally Posted by slick_101 View Post
    it seems that even if you're sneaking around and just stand up for 1 second they manage to get a full view of you from over 300m away
    I think it's fair that if you can see the AI, the AI can see you too.

Yes enemies are dumb as hell and the stealth gameplay is kind of a joke. I played a lot of the original and had fun. I played a lot of this demo but I usually just killed the first 10 guys and restarted to kill them again. Those brutal slo-mo kills never get old. I wouldn't buy this until it's pretty cheap on sale. If I was going to get a 3rd person shooter, Max Payne 3 is coming out very soon.

Demo really put me off, kept trying for alternative routes that never appeared. If it goes cheap on sale and the MP is ok I'll probably still get it though.

Quote Originally Posted by LaunchJC View Post
    Demo really put me off, kept trying for alternative routes that never appeared.
    Look for an alley where you get the explosives.

Rebellion confirmed the other levels are more open, this one's right at the beginning. Can't find the link.

Just replayed first level of Sniper Elite on highest difficulty and i did decent. Didn't played this for long time so if someone could tell me where can i see in which direction wind goes when i scope,also i can't remember but did scope also showed you distance to targets or did i mix it up with another game.

There should be some wind indicator up in the right hand corner but I think you might have to be "focusing-hitting E" to see it. I think the bullet drop in this game is exaggerated. Obviously it's not trying to be a sim but still, it would've been cool if Elite mode didn't make the bullets drop so fast.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DetCord View Post
    Having a lot of fun here. More so then in the previous iteration.

The demo is out on Steam so I'd suggest giving it a try.

Really like seeing the internals when making a kill. Is that the first time that's been used in a game? Don't remember seeing it in any other game atm.

Mortal Kombat have that and it came out last year.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Mortal Kombat have that and it came out last year.
    I don't play fighting games but that's still pretty original. Maybe SEV2 devs are fans?
    Just checked out a video of MK on youtube and yeah pretty cool. Visuals look pretty similar too.
    What about tps/fps games. Is SEV2 the first?

I liked the demo alright, though I have to echo some of the other sentiments voiced here. Mostly that it was definitely too linear for me to pick up until a good sale.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    I liked the demo alright, though I have to echo some of the other sentiments voiced here. Mostly that it was definitely too linear for me to pick up until a good sale.
    You can get it for 22.49 from Get Games - http://getgamesgo.com/product/sniper-elite-v2-po

Via - http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2672439

You know what first one was missing,levels with forrest/grass,where you could hide in. That would be so awesome,i still remember how i hide in bushes/grass in BF 2 and CoD4 :D

Obscure Node
    Don't want to open a new thread, so let me just ask this here...
    2 new DLC maps released for this game. 5 $ each. Anyone owns them and can say what he thinks about them?
    I enjoyed the main game, although it was really a lot of wasted potential. Did anything change about that in the DLC maps? (More open with multiple choices, no need to kill everyone etc)