Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 196
  1. #161
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,823
    The 1998 version of Godzilla was a great movie. Plus It was awesome to see Ferris Bueller again.

    Everyone that dislike, should never, ever again, enter a cinema. Because that version was fun, and epic, and that was adventure movies are about.

  2. #162
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    Then what about that huge monster, cloverfield?
    Aside from the gunfire, that just looks like regular construction work to me.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  3. #163
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,823
    My gift to New York will be a beach. I will drive a giganteous oil tank ship towards the isle, in collision, with the ship filled with sand. The oild tank willbe destroyed, and all the sand will leak, creating a artificial beach :D


    Thats my plan anyway.

  4. #164
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    My gift to New York will be a beach. I will drive a giganteous oil tank ship towards the isle, in collision, with the ship filled with sand. The oild tank willbe destroyed, and all the sand will leak, creating a artificial beach :D


    Thats my plan anyway.
    You know we have a beach already, right?

    Accessible by subway, too.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  5. #165
    Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post
    ... and the social stigma against strippers and whores?
    Sure, it's not like they're lawyers or tobacco executives.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post
    ... and the social stigma against strippers and whores?
    As much I agree with the concept of legalising prostitution, PLEASE let's not make this into THAT debate again.

  7. #167
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    As much I agree with the concept of legalising prostitution, PLEASE let's not make this into THAT debate again.
    Dude, it's not even that far of a tangent!

    Did you know that if you build a large enough guild city in Age of Conan, you get your very own NPC prostitutes?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Dude, it's not even that far of a tangent!

    Did you know that if you build a large enough guild city in Age of Conan, you get your very own NPC prostitutes?
    That's actually pretty impressive.

    Say what you like about AoC, it knows it's audience.

  9. #169
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,823
    The problem with the asian style is that is too idealized for out tastes. But that level of idealization is purely cultural, so theres nothing wrong in the game itself. Is just made by other tastes.

    We don't like womenized males, and we don't like womens that look like strange whores, and we don't like sexualized pre-teens.

    One thing really good about Age of Conan, is that fit our idea of a believable fantasy.

  10. #170
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    51
    Order of what I enjoyed in the beta weekend:

    Structured pvp > exploring > personal story > WvWvW > public quests

    The kind of people that will hate this game are hardcore pve players from WoW-style games. There are no healers or tanks, there is no raiding, and the combat style is completly different. There are still hotkeys, but just looking at some people playing the game do wrong you can tell how different the play style is. In a lot of videos and just watching people play in the world, I can point out who comes from other MMOs as they expect to just run up and sit still spamming buttons.

    Maybe it is a class issue and you actually can play other classes like that, but playing the thief class, did not have that experience at all. I was dodging all over the place, bouncing back at fourth between melee and ranged, and having a blast. I think it will be a great game especially for people who enjoy pvp or a more casual pve style of mmo.

  11. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Neweht View Post
    Order of what I enjoyed in the beta weekend:

    Structured pvp > exploring > personal story > WvWvW > public quests

    The kind of people that will hate this game are hardcore pve players from WoW-style games. There are no healers or tanks, there is no raiding, and the combat style is completly different. There are still hotkeys, but just looking at some people playing the game do wrong you can tell how different the play style is. In a lot of videos and just watching people play in the world, I can point out who comes from other MMOs as they expect to just run up and sit still spamming buttons.

    Maybe it is a class issue and you actually can play other classes like that, but playing the thief class, did not have that experience at all. I was dodging all over the place, bouncing back at fourth between melee and ranged, and having a blast. I think it will be a great game especially for people who enjoy pvp or a more casual pve style of mmo.
    Yeah, it's funny how people say, "IT'S COMBAT SYSTEM IS JUST LIKE WOW'S" despite how utterly fucking different it is.

  12. #172
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    I'm hoping the WvWvW really picks up. That's the sorta thing that'll keep me in a game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neweht View Post
    Maybe it is a class issue and you actually can play other classes like that, but playing the thief class, did not have that experience at all. I was dodging all over the place, bouncing back at fourth between melee and ranged, and having a blast. I think it will be a great game especially for people who enjoy pvp or a more casual pve style of mmo.
    I saw effective melee rangers and ranged warriors. You'd never see an effective melee hunter or ranged warrior in WoW. And I can tell you that, after playing a ranger or ranger-surrogate in half a dozen MMOs, being able to switch up your game like that is a new and uplifting experience.
    Last edited by Nalano; 03-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  13. #173
    Lesser Hivemind Node Timofee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I saw effective melee rangers and ranged warriors. You'd never see an effective melee hunter or ranged warrior in WoW.
    I thoroughly enjoyed ranged warrior over the weekend and now seems as good a time as any to post the frankly awesome (but possibly game breaking) crit chance I got with my build

    Attachment 1265

  14. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    936
    One of the best parts of Guild Wars 2 is that no class will ever, ever be useless in any of the parts of the game since they very easily switch to a completely different playstyle. I'm not gonna do the maths, but imagine about 100 seperate viable builds per class compared to maybe 6 per WoW class.

    Similar to Guild Wars 1, you're gonna have burst DPS, sustained DPS, buffers, combo field builders, condition builders etc. Each of those will probably have 2-3 seperate potential builds per class and you can see the numbers spiral out of control.

  15. #175
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    One of the best parts of Guild Wars 2 is that no class will ever, ever be useless in any of the parts of the game since they very easily switch to a completely different playstyle. I'm not gonna do the maths, but imagine about 100 seperate viable builds per class compared to maybe 6 per WoW class.

    Similar to Guild Wars 1, you're gonna have burst DPS, sustained DPS, buffers, combo field builders, condition builders etc. Each of those will probably have 2-3 seperate potential builds per class and you can see the numbers spiral out of control.
    Wait... weren't you raging in the Diablo 3 thread? Obviously, yes... you are R-F. But, specifically, weren't you raging about how terrible it is that you can change your build and playstyle on the fly in D3? But it's now "the best part of Guild Wars 2"? Biasmuch?

    I can see that they are two different games, and two different types of games (a Diablo clone and a WoW clone), and that what you want from characters and builds and how builds are managed are going to be different. But why are malleable builds dreadful in a single player game, but the greatest in a multi player game? I would have thought that, in an SP setting, where you only have your character, not being limited to a single build would be more damaging that in an MP setting, where other players, with other builds, can compensate for any lack your character might have.
    Last edited by Unaco; 03-05-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

  16. #176
    Activated Node Stormbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    90
    @Timofee That's pretty cool, care to share the build? I can't help but wonder if you're better off getting higher power. Crits only do 150% damage after all.

    I played warrior, thief and elementalist and spent most of my time in structured Pvp. I really enjoyed the thief in structured PvP, I felt like I had really good utility and great burst damage at the expense of low survivability. I'm thinking this build for the thief:
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#t;ffk...fUa;bbZa;ZfQjY
    with power/precision gear.

    The warrior was also awesome but he lacked the utility of the thief. I did think the warrior had better ranged abilites however. The rifle can compete with any other ranged class and the longbow seems like it will be very useful in WvW. The great sword with bulls charge and hundred blades could take a player to half health in 2 seconds. Eviscerate on the axe was criting for 6-8k without even trying (my thief has about 12k health).

    I'm still undecided on which class to roll at launch. I need a couple more beta weekends to decide.
    Last edited by Stormbane; 03-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.

  17. #177
    Lesser Hivemind Node Timofee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbane View Post
    snip
    The key trait is 'Deep Strike' 10pts into Arms which gives you a flat +40 precision for each unused signet, then I had healing, 3xutility and the elite all as signets. Suspect its not something that would scale well as you advance in levels.

    I'm not really one for theory crafting but suspect you're right on the power front. This build just really fits my play style as it gives a lot of passive bonuses (from the signets as well) but also gives the utility those signets provide with their active abilities.

  18. #178
    Activated Node Tres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbane View Post
    I need a couple more beta weekends to decide.
    Apparently the word is that there will be one beta weekend per month, the optimists say there might be more. What I really liked is that Anet have now closed their forums to actually read all that rantin...I mean, read all the support players gave.

    Weird part about GW2 is that even though it didn't meet my expectations as a continuation of the series, I'd still play the hell out of it right now if I could.

    PS. R-F banned? Did he ignite the fans of a certain snow phenomenon which name is starts with "B" a bit too fiercely this time?

  19. #179
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Squiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    4,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    The key trait is 'Deep Strike' 10pts into Arms which gives you a flat +40 precision for each unused signet, then I had healing, 3xutility and the elite all as signets. Suspect its not something that would scale well as you advance in levels.
    There were similar builds in GW1 using skills like "Symbolic Strike" that grew more powerful for each signet you had equipped in your skillbar. In PvE some of these builds (and maybe some exceptions like the "Keystone" Mesmer build in PvP) might be feasible in some areas but by powering up single stats - like critchance - or skills you are effectively crippling your skill selection. Don't know if this turns out to be true for GW2 as well, maybe it is something that now is worth using more often.

  20. #180
    Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres View Post
    PS. R-F banned? Did he ignite the fans of a certain snow phenomenon which name is starts with "B" a bit too fiercely this time?
    a grave case of mistaken identity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •