Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiral Knights

Spiral Knights

Anyone else playing this?

Initially I was a bit put off by the f2p aspects, but then I realized that the game was just making me pace myeslf.

The whole crafting system's excellent too - you set little quests for yourself and complete them, getting a gun or something as a reward.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I'm a huge fan of Three Rings' Puzzle Pirates, which is still in my eyes one of the best designed MMOs out there. (Poker withstanding or not.)

I would be very interested in a review of Spiral Knights, and maybe having someone to explore with next (not this) weekend or so...
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Just spent another days worth of mist energy with some RPS comrades. We should really get about starting one of those guild thingies, for easier identification. I seem to recall being able to purchase crystals with crowns, so we could maybe try pooling money, once we're all fabulously wealthy.

I really really like the crafting system.

Activated Node
    Seemed like it could be fun from what I played last night but it was far too laggy to really get into it. I imagine the servers are taking a beating from the increased interest because of Steam

I'll be interesting in some Spiral Knighting.

I found that updating my AMD drivers and turning off v-sync in the limited graphics options in SK turned it from impossibly laggy to smooth as a smooth thing.

Just tried out the first part now, getting to Haven and all that. Seems like it could be pretty fun. I think I'll need to look up some more details on how stuff works on the site first though.

I played for the first time today. I got to haven and waddled around for awhile, but wasn't too entertained!

Who do I speak to in Haven to get me started / get quests?

There actually aren't too many quests!

However, as an introductory thing, you are supposed to walk up to the arcade and speak to a dude with lots of armour, enter one of the gates and fight your way down to the clockwork terminal.

Network Hub
    I'm jarvisrodrig ingame.

Tier 2 already, you can buy engery with crowns at about 3350 to 3500, and even at Tier 1 if your not constantly dieing then you can afford to upgrade stuff and buy the energy you need for another run.

Played it for the TF2 hat and after that didn't seem very compelled to keep playing.

Did you try out crafting?

I haven't quite yet reached tier 2, as I've been using most my income as capital for my trading business. At any given time, almost all of it has been tied up in auctions, crafted items, or materials. The economy game is simply much more interesting to me than "messing shit up."

Network Hub
    Spiral's economy quite basic really, you may wish to try eve online for a more indepth and wider economy.

You should be able to get some basic funding from the rps corp to start you off and speaking as a past missioner it's always good know someone who'll get you a reasonable price for goods without going to the effort of porting them yourself so you should get lots of stock as well.

Have a read of some of the guides in eve's market forum to get a taster of the level of play.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard...channelID=3515

Spiral's economy is basic but enjoyable. Low risk, low investment, low involvement. I can just check things every few hours and ponder what I am going to do next in my illustrious career as a merchant knight.

Activated Node
    I still have absolutely no idea what's going on other than hitting stuff because burchard managed to get me to skip all the tutorials about everything. Still finding it fun though.
    Bam. Tit job.

ROCK PAPER SPIRAL GUN IS A GO.

Contact any of the following members in-game to join:

Liqourish
    Cantiq

I'm liking this a lot. Good to just dip in and out of, and the Zelda-esque gameplay gives fond reminiscences of playing Graal Online.

Much more interesting than all the "stand in one place pressing attack" Diku reskins out there.

Done a few dungeon runs now. It's quite fun, but it definitely seems like it'd be better with an organised party rather than a random group.

Join the RPS guild! There's a guild chat so you can ask to run with people, and then go on mumble to do so with better comms.
    Also there's a guild house thingy, but it doesn't do anything at the moment.

Guild's up to 20 members and is useful for making friends/finding raiding partners/recipes.
    Join usss.