Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spiral Knights

I've sent a friend request in-game to you Liqourish

Added, and I'll send an invite your way for the guild if you haven't already joined up.

Sounds like great fun. I'm downloading the game right now and after I make myself acquainted with it, I'd very much like to join the guild.

I had some trouble even getting started after steam decided this was yet another game it didn't want to play, so I downloaded it from the main site and it worked (go steam :/). anyway it seems like a lot of fun but the lag is unbearable, if they ever get servers in the EU I will go back but I suppose that means I wouldn't be able to join you guys, oh well.

Weird. I'm getting no lag at all here in finland, but iq, who is american, is getting lots.

I've had a very variable lag experience; sometimes it's smooth, occasionally the signs of lag impinge on gameplay. It's weird indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Liqourish View Post
    Weird. I'm getting no lag at all here in finland, but iq, who is american, is getting lots.
    really? strange because I read up on it after playing and found no info on EU servers. maybe they have set some up and they are just adjusting to getting a lot of new players through steam. I will check back on it later today to see if I can get any better, is there any info on peak times at all?

Seeing as they have differently-languaged havens, I think they might have servers scattered all over the world. Three rings is an MMO company, they've done this before and know what they're doing.

Weird about the lag though.

Obscure Node
    Hi, I've joined the RPS guild now. My ingame name is Leyra.

I still haven't fully grasped the crafting system. Up till now, I bought a recipe myself every time I wanted something crafted, which seems somewhat silly in retrospect.
    So, I guess we could save some gold by pooling recipes?

I do have occasional spikes of lag, too, but not consistently. I guess it depends on server load.

Yep! That's one of the main benefits of being in a guild with friendly people. With the two star stuff, it's not tooo expensive to craft it all yourself, but especially once you start moving to three stars it'll be better to ask around first. You'll be able to get whatever item "for free," just paying the material, crown, and energy cost.

Network Hub
    Liqourish is sadly wrong, we can make the base item for you if we have the recipe with no problems - after that you need to have the recipe to upgrade the path.

The reasons for this is that:-

Items bind to the first user (hence we can craft and not use a base item to give to others).

The upgrades all require the previous item to have 5+ heat levels - and you get the heat levels by using the item.

Bound items can't be given to someone else so they can't use your bound 5+ heat item to upgrade for you.

Obscure Node
    I had a long post up here about how flabbergasted I was that this game included crafting and yet made it seemingly superfluous by making almost everything craftable be bind on pickup. Then it vanished.

Now shorter:

I looked it up on the wiki, and at least all (most?) 3 star items only require a 2 star item with heat level 1, so they should be craftable and tradable, i.e. pooling ressources on 3 star recipes should work.
    4 star (5 star) items require 3 star (4 star items) with heat level 5 (10), so they presumably cannot be traded.

Still, getting everyone to item level 3 would already be quite beneficial. I do not own any 3 star recipes yet - does anyone else?

tried it again at midnight with no luck, as soon as I hit an area with any action the lag becomes so severe that I end up dead very quickly. I am guessing that if other people in the EU are not having trouble then the problems are caused by the influx of new players from steam so I will check back in a week or so, if the problem isn't fixed for me then I will just have to uninstall it.

Jarvis: I wasn't wrong, merely incomplete. :P

There are rumours of a future update adding the ability to unbind items, but it'll likely be pricey, especially with the way energy prices are going.

I'd like to join, too. My character is called Papershape.

Re: Energy - I really like the idea about pacing yourself, but how easy is it to extend the amount of times you can enter an instance?

It costs 10 energy to go down a floor.

You can buy energy for crowns - it's quite expensive, about 4000 last time I looked, so you'd have to save up for a bit. Bought (crystal) energy works the same as the mist energy which builds up to 100 over the course of a day. The trouble with mist energy is that when you need to craft something, it uses a big chunk of your energy, so you can't craft and delve much in the same day if you're just relying on it.

Does that answer your question?

Yessir. Thanks.

I keep forgetting I haven't actually put my name down for the guild.
    Character name is Mana-Garmr.

According to some guys talking near the auction house today the current accepted rate is around 5-5.5K crowns for 100 crystal energy.

That's a hefty enough sum in the early stages, but later on when you're crafting the better items or going on longer dungeon runs it'd probably be easy enough to get the money together. I seem to average around 3000 doing a run through Tier 1, so when you can do the higher levels, where you'll actually be wanting the higher gear, you might be able to cover the costs well enough.

Do you buy Crystal energy from other players then? The wiki wasn't all that clear on that.