Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

thread for BFBC2

Evening all, is there a relevant thread knocking around for the RPS bfbc2 server? Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "relevant thread." This is the first thread I'm aware of on the new forums about this topic.

If you're looking for server info, just search "Rock" in the server browser. The R must be capitalized, as the BC2 search is case sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNoghri View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "relevant thread."
    Maybe this should be the thread to share war stories? I certainly had a good time tonight on the server. Personal high point: I don't think I have ever knifed so many people during one playing session. :)

I played for a bit too, but just wanted to ask - why didn't the chat thing work - Any ideas? I pressed 'chat to all' and wrote "hello" (etc) but it never appeared in the chat box. Weird one!

No idea. Chat works fine for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    oh, people are playing on the server again? i dropped out of BC2 a while ago and never enjoyed playing on public servers much.

Quote Originally Posted by callmecheez View Post
    I played for a bit too, but just wanted to ask - why didn't the chat thing work - Any ideas? I pressed 'chat to all' and wrote "hello" (etc) but it never appeared in the chat box. Weird one!
    I had that too. No idea if this is true, but it happened after I typed 'fuck' in the chat, and I've gone and gotten paranoid about it being the 'Think-Of-The-Children'-profanity filter. It even got scrambled and all.

Activated Node
    Great to have the server up .. was good fun when I played the other night. Will try to be on it more when I have time!

Too bad it was deserted this afternoon. Will try to get a spot tonight after getting tired of co-op'ing MoW: Ass. Squad with my friend.

I'll do regular events for this one.

Alright, I'd like to ask what you guys think about passwording the server. A couple of griefers started shoving the team's helis in the water with RPG's, and being really abusive.

So I've been playing over the past week with some RPS chums, and I've noticed that the USAS-12 is really, really good with magnum ammunition loaded, and extra pouches.

Yeh there was a couple of (very vocal) dicks on last night.

As far as the password goes, possibly password the server for events? Then remove it outwith any events?

Here's hoping the server stays as busy as it has been the past few days!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The USAS, and I'd say the Saiga, are more effective with extended ammo than magnum. I always find 6 is never quite enough. If you're running as assault, running low on ammo doesn't really become a problem.

I'm guessing the server has some sort of auto-admin for cheat detection? I've been skeptical of a few people when I've been on, but not enough to out-wardly call something out.

The server is fun to play on though. Good atmosphere.

Oh yes, the Saiga with extended ammo is one of my favourite combinations for the maps where range is not a priority. I tend to use that when I play a medic. Not exactly sure why, but perhaps because I usually stay behind my teammates to heal and revive them and whatever enemy I may kill is just a couple of paces away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by ata View Post
    Yeh there was a couple of (very vocal) dicks on last night.

As far as the password goes, possibly password the server for events? Then remove it outwith any events?

Here's hoping the server stays as busy as it has been the past few days!
    Hmm, good idea. Passwording the server outside events will also minimize traffic, which would be unfortunate. It's already empty until peak hours.

Do we actually have any admins for the server?

Activated Node
    The server seemed fine on most parts when I was on with my smurf (bluecom). Little in terms of lag, a couple of hit detection failures with a shotgun but that's about average. Surprisingly light on the explosives spam as well. Rushing was fun for a couple of maps but I'd really like to see a mixed mode between conquest and rush. Also please do establish some sort of access control or at the very least admins, the griefers are sure to come otherwise.

For all those (semi)auto-shotgun fans, do try the M416(or your favorite AR) with the 40mm shotgun attachment. Effective at all ranges and no one will complain about your choice of weapon. Haven't looked back despite enjoying some early rushing with Saiga + slugs.

Server is empty most of the time :(

It has seemed to fill up pretty quick when a few people join, so all that should be needed is a small group of people to jumpstart getting it filled up.

Activated Node
    I noticed that last night. Great place to play, really friendly atmosphere and people actually seem to be trying to work together!